First thing that needs to be done.

canefan96

Redshirt Freshman
Fake James should be fired this week.
Hire a research firm and hire a real AD, Highsmith would be a good hire In my opinion.
AD needs to be involved in the firing/hiring of a new HC, which means Manny may be here until the end of the year. Just depends on when the new AD is hired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fake James should be fired this week.
Hire a research firm and hire a real AD, Highsmith would be a good hire In my opinion.
AD needs to be involved in the firing/hiring of a new HC, which means Manny may be here until the end of the year. Just depends on when the new AD is hired.
I agree with the firing part, not with the research firm part. They have led us to where we are.

What's the point of hiring a firm just to hire Highsmith?

Why don't we do this right for once
Because "Miami Guy Bro".

Our fans are like Marty McFly, The Chicago Bears and the Edmonton Oilers: In order for them to have any relevance, we have to go back to 1985. Seriously. Any time a move has to be made, some guy that was here 30+ years ago is brought up as the only person that could figure this out. Ever wonder WHY Miami football dwells in the past? Because the powers that be know that the only thing you have to do is dangle some shiny relic from the Reagan administration in front of our fans and they'll shut up.

Organization inbreeding has to stop, and it should have stopped years ago. Go out and get the best person you can get, with the budget available. Not a complicated concept.

Advertisement
I agree, just added that to appease some. Highsmith is my choice.
Thank God you don't have a say. Outside of Zo playing here over 30 years ago, what are his qualifications to run a P5 athletic department? Keep in mind, we aren't asking him to run an NFL front office. We are asking him to run an athletic department.

Thank God you don't have a say. Outside of Zo playing here over 30 years ago, what are his qualifications to run a P5 athletic department? Keep in mind, we aren't asking him to run an NFL front office. We are asking him to run an athletic department.
Just my choice, his experience as an NFL Executive trumps what he would need to run an athletic department that has been on the decline for the last 10 years.

Just my choice, his experience as an NFL Executive trumps what he would need to run an athletic department that has been on the decline for the last 10 years.
Running an NFL front office is significantly different than running a collegiate athletic department. A collegiate athletic department is like running a fortune 500 company. Being an NFL executive is more like being a division head of a fortune 500 company. Alonzo has never had to deal with fundraising, never had to deal with making multiple hires. Alonzo has never been responsible for multiple sports, multiple disciplines. This is a job that requires attention to more than football.

Advertisement
Julio Frenk does not even know we lost yesterday.
Fast And Furious Agree GIF by The Fast Saga

What's the point of hiring a firm just to hire Highsmith?

Why don't we do this right for once

Has ANYTHING since the Butch Davis contract negotiations - been done right?

Any "Common Sense" EVER been applied?

Any use of LOGIC?

Any approach of PRUDENCE?

SANITY?

How about being RATIONAL?

To have so many degrees - we have some real dumbasses running the show.

Advertisement
Running an NFL front office is significantly different than running a collegiate athletic department. A collegiate athletic department is like running a fortune 500 company. Being an NFL executive is more like being a division head of a fortune 500 company. Alonzo has never had to deal with fundraising, never had to deal with making multiple hires. Alonzo has never been responsible for multiple sports, multiple disciplines. This is a job that requires attention to more than football.
Where are you getting this information from? Just a guess?

Im guessing a nfl team is dealing with a ton more money than a university athletic program. Id also guess a gm is making more important hires in the nfl. Who would sale more tickets Alonzo or blake?

Im not saying we should hire zo but i also cant say he isnt qualified for the job

Advertisement
Back