First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What does this even mean? I ran this site with @DMoney for years while I was in college. I don’t think a lot of people realized how young I was. I had been reporting on recruiting since I was 15/16 and was tired of it. I got an opportunity at 23 years old to do something different so I took the job, got certified with NFLPA, and have gone about it all the right way.

I was constantly blamed for telling guys to leave early when 1. I wasn’t even working here at the time 2. Most of the guys we were blamed for weren’t even our clients
Who were the guys you were blamed for that weren’t your agency’s clients?

Advertisement
There is a percentage that FRM gets with each deal. It’s not the 15/20% that people think, but there is a portion of each deal that’s paid to FRM. Also, the goal is to keep the athlete when he turns pro. They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Lmao
I’m done with this topic.
which is fine. some of us in business perform "lost leaders" to get a client into our business. i do certain things for large companies as a favor knowing that I will be in line for more work. nothing wrong with that or what FRM is doing if they are doing it to help develop business.

which is fine. some of us in business perform "lost leaders" to get a client into our business. i do certain things for large companies as a favor knowing that I will be in line for more work. nothing wrong with that or what FRM is doing if they are doing it to help develop business.
They’re a percentage point apart less/more than some others. They’re the same as everyone else. I’m done here. Respectfully this topic is an old one and I have better things to do. Good luck to every agent. I hope they all find a way to take care of their clients.

Last edited:
That’s illegal and we don’t do that. There’s no way to even set that up

Actually there is; I have several friends who are agents. Just like there’s the $100 handshake deal, there’s wink wink or implied deals that agents make all the time. It’s no different than Shoe Companies securing kids to play at b-ball camps or pushing them to their sponsored schools (cough, cough Adidas) and said players miraculously sign w/ said shoe companies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anticipation Popcorn GIF
I know you agree with me BM. Only Boar is an acceptable jump in.

Advertisement
FRM is on live right now with Ferman and John Ruiz. Malikawa is saying he doesn't charge the kids anything for NIL deals.
Meanwhile Pete here said they charge between 15 to 20% as I've said frm isn't exactly some unified saints. Agents as a whole simply lie and feed misdirection. They're the devil with a former tongue. But they make it sound good so people who don't know better slurp up the Kool aid. Its happening on here.

Let's go straight to the horses mouth. Since you now and mahlki say you don't charge one of the two kids you said you got deals for comes to my house several times a week. Let me find out that's not true and I'm gonna put y'all on blast all throughout the league and with players union. Ask troy Vincent if I play those games. Better yet ask keyshawn being someone who was ****ting on kids how it works to be on my bad side...

Advertisement
These NIL services sound like a freemium model to me. Lawyers chase wills and estate plans, and financial advisors chase financial plans often for very little money or free because they know the likelihood of high paying future services to come out of it. Also word of mouth referrals. Tons of software and cloud companies get new accounts in the door with freemium.

I don't have any issue with the model, per se. It's always about the ethics, morals, quality of service and business acumen of the people & organization making the offer. Are you getting Goldman Sachs/JP Morgan, or the boiler room? My first impressions from how Pete and FRM entered the football business were they were more the latter than the former.

That’s who I talk to. Lol Your fees compared to the others, is the starting point of the conversation. FRM absolutely charges a percentage of the deal. It’s always followed by who’s actually going to work to find deals and represent their brands best. Steaks?
Exactly. That's why I wasn't gonna say ****. Gil is at my house on the regular and they got him a ****** nil deal that paid him in steaks weekly... What the **** is that!

Advertisement
I think most wouldn't have a problem with a fee if its fair, has no strings attached and the terms are understood by all. The problem is Pete is on here saying they are absolutely NOT charging anything for the NIL deals and others are saying thats not true and they know first hand this is not the case.

I guess its possible there is miss-understanding and FRM is actually doing a great service to the kids. I really hope thats the case because the other scenario means someone is blatantly lying to our face. If they can do that, I can only imagine what kind of things they are doing/saying to take advantage of their clients

Nothing is for free; in business, it’s business. So I’m going to assume, that although no money is upfront, FRM is securing these NIL deals for representation once a player signs a NFL contract. It’s unfathomable that they r just doing this Pro Bono w/ no sort of skin in the game. I’m going to assume they r exploiting a loop hole to represent a player b4 becoming draft eligible w/o “representing them.”
No NEVER. Like Pete here says he's the Jerry McGuire of agents & cares so much. This is their version of developing relationships. Of course it's not morally ****ed. He really is well informed of mahlkis business plan...

Advertisement
Back