First depth chart out

My boy Hope will surprise a lot of you guys. His high school coach said some pretty good things about him.

Is he the cat that was only thrown at 4 times last year and didn't allow a completion? Or was that Davis?

Either way...I like both of them at CB. Dortch also looks very fluid at CB..just needs to bulk up.

Amazing CB class as a whole IMO

Advertisement
McGee for me is th biggest question mark. He is suppossed to be everything you want in a CB, big, fast, good hips, but he was downright awful last year. I'm really hoping he has a Marcus Maxey type senior season, because we are not going to go far if the CB play doesn't improve this year.

He's fast. He's not big. And I'm not sure I'd say he has good hips either.

It was Davis
My boy Hope will surprise a lot of you guys. His high school coach said some pretty good things about him.

Is he the cat that was only thrown at 4 times last year and didn't allow a completion? Or was that Davis?

Either way...I like both of them at CB. Dortch also looks very fluid at CB..just needs to bulk up.

McGee for me is th biggest question mark. He is suppossed to be everything you want in a CB, big, fast, good hips, but he was downright awful last year. I'm really hoping he has a Marcus Maxey type senior season, because we are not going to go far if the CB play doesn't improve this year.

Big enough and athletic enough to not suck the way he did last season.

Big enough and athletic enough to not suck the way he did last season.

I've seen him w/out pads. He's not a big guy. He has a very thin frame.

Advertisement
There is a huge culture shock when going from man and man press to playing off and looking into the offensive backfield. As I gripped about in another thread, it takes time to teach guys that and get them used to it.

I've got one question.

How come a player has to be "slacking" to not be first string according to weight room work?

For example, just because Perryman is behind Tyrone right now doesn't necessarily mean Perryman loafed this offseason. Maybe it just means Tyrone was a fuggin beast in workouts and is getting recognized for it.

It's possible that they both are working their asses off right now, but Tyrone just happened to put THAT much extra work in.

I've got one question.

How come a player has to be "slacking" to not be first string according to weight room work?

For example, just because Perryman is behind Tyrone right now doesn't necessarily mean Perryman loafed this offseason. Maybe it just means Tyrone was a fuggin beast in workouts and is getting recognized for it.

It's possible that they both are working their asses off right now, but Tyrone just happened to put THAT much extra work in.

Correct. I saw Perryman recently. The man does not look a football player. He looks like a professional bodybuilder 5 days out of Mr. Olympia. Dude is huge and jacked. Scary. Short guy though. 5'10", 5'11" max.

I wish RAYRAY woulda went pro.

Great idea, so we'd be left with one safety who looked lost most of last year.

Not sure what you watched last year...mr all hype team RayRay was the lost one...at least VT made some plays. RayRay was busy getting suspended and missing tackles all over the field. He cant cover, cant tackle, and gets burnt non-stop. Give me VT, Highsmith and Gunter at saftey and let Ray join the rest of the underachievers in the NFL.

Advertisement
Color me concerned about generating enough explosive plays on offense with Lamar Miller, Benjamim, and Streeter out. We need the Duke to get up to speed real quick.

McGee has no sack. Dude is a puzzie. Just because you're tall and fast doesn't mean **** unless you're a good football player. And, McGee is not...atleast not yet.

Advertisement

its Davis..he probably wont start next year but he will see alot of playing time.. especially at PR.. which i think he will start from day one there..

I've got one question.

Correct. I saw Perryman recently. The man does not look a football player. He looks like a professional bodybuilder 5 days out of Mr. Olympia. Dude is huge and jacked. Scary. Short guy though. 5'10", 5'11" max.

Niiiiiiiiccce. Dude was already pretty jacked for a frosh last year and you could tell when he hit people.

Advertisement
Back