"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Advertisement
Seems like this was a homerun outcome yesterday! I think this could be one of those "Year of the Mama" classes. Meaning the curse of moms sending their kids away might be broken and alot of these local studs stay home because the staff seems to really be honing in on getting in good with the parents. I like what I am seeing so far. Really early and we have 6 months and a good-great season to also put up but this is great momentum.

Advertisement
Funny but unrelated Marvin Jones story. Years ago I had a roommate who was an FSU grad. When he moved out, he left this FSU commemorative cup featuring Marvin Jones on it. So naturally, I used it to scoop dog food. One day when I’m out of town, I have a buddy dog sit for me and when he’s scooping the dog food, he notices the guy on the cup as one of his customers for web design. He sends him a photo of the trashed cup full of dog food and Marvin replies “he must be a Miami fan”.

Oh, my dog’s name was Cane too.

American heritage players stay acting funny when it comes to miami. I don't know what they be telling them kids but we not there enemy. We just need to get spells on board and call it a day with that school until next year.
Spells is the prize for sure. MJJ is the BIG guy there, but is what it is. Give me Kelly, and maybe Stewart!

I just listened to most of the exit interviews Ferman and Shodell did with the guys. One thing really stuck out in all of them: Marvin Jones has no interest. He didn't really try to hide it. He didn't want to talk to them and they ended it pretty fast.
I don't understand why he would even show up. Take the negative attitude and the negative vibes somewhere else. He'll never experience what it's like to beat Miami on the field.

Advertisement
Could you imagine having to go home and have Marvin Sr. say "What did you say in that interview boy". So maybe he's being influenced. lol

While I agree the rest of the interviews the players seemed much more excited, Jones wasn't that bad. He said it was cool and good to see everyone again, felt good, they asked him if he would come back, said its a possibility, asked him if Miami made any moves and he just kinda side stepped and said it was cool and definitely felt good to be back out with everyone again and then asked him about the message from the coaches and he again said it was his first time being out there in a hot minute and didnt have long conversations with anyone. If true, sounds like the staff gave him the invite so he wouldn't be upset and go bad mouthing us but didn't put much of an emphasis on him showing up. I am sure the staff knows who his dad is lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
FBD7DBFF-952A-49EF-BAC6-39FC9CF56285.png

Advertisement
Back