"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

Advertisement
From FSU board:

Notable "No Shows" - Three-star RB Jaylon Glover, four-star OL Julian Armella, five-star CB Deyon Bouie, four-star DB Tre Donaldson, five-star DE Shemar Stewart, four-star Antonio Kite, five-star 2023 DB Cormani McClain

Marvin Jones drove up with Earl Little Jr but got sick and never left the hotel. Bouie likely didn't show due to his recent brush with the law.

There are probably others who didn't show but those are the ones they cared about.

Advertisement
From FSU board:

Notable "No Shows" - Three-star RB Jaylon Glover, four-star OL Julian Armella, five-star CB Deyon Bouie, four-star DB Tre Donaldson, five-star DE Shemar Stewart, four-star Antonio Kite, five-star 2023 DB Cormani McClain

Marvin Jones drove up with Earl Little Jr but got sick and never left the hotel. Bouie likely didn't show due to his recent brush with the law.

There are probably others who didn't show but those are the ones they cared about.
Someone should’ve told Marvin Jr that you can only view that sh*t-show up in Trailerhasse with a hazmat suit on...

Otherwise watching the Noles outside of a quarantined designated area is a Biohazard.

I will say this, the players opting to not take officials to Miami..is this a tactic from others schools negative recruiting, or inner circles of each recruits pushing this. It is never a good thing when South Florida players choose to NOT take official visits. Does the new COVID world change this?

Advertisement
I will say this, the players opting to not take officials to Miami..is this a tactic from others schools negative recruiting, or inner circles of each recruits pushing this. It is never a good thing when South Florida players choose to NOT take official visits. Does the new COVID world change this?

It’s April if the kids aren’t making a summer decision it doesn’t matter. We always hear south Florida kids saying they don’t need to take an official visit at Miami and next thing you know they on campus for an OV in the fall.

It’s April if the kids aren’t making a summer decision it doesn’t matter. We always hear south Florida kids saying they don’t need to take an official visit at Miami and next thing you know they on campus for an OV in the fall.
The concern is that if the big dogs locally aren’t in the boat by the end of the summer, we usually don’t get them...

And watch to see how many OVs those kids take. Do they take all 5 or keep a couple for later... I haven't seen where Clemson is scheduling OVs. They have a huge "Elite Invite" BBQ event in June. Most of the other Power 5 schools who recruit the higher rated guys are booking OVs for June.

The concern is that if the big dogs locally aren’t in the boat by the end of the summer, we usually don’t get them...

This. I know Covid has messed up the cycle. But for over a decade now, if a kid is not verballed to the class by their first senior game, the odds plummet they'll join it. Gotta get these kids on campus and OVing.

Advertisement
Cormani McClain is a BEAST 23 CB, one of the best I’ve seen thus far for next year’s class...

Too **** bad he’s from Lakeland lol, but I fully expect him to transfer to IMG by next year.
I hear ya but I always question the lake Gibson kids. Always seem to be vastly overrated and don't ever perform up to their rankings

Advertisement
Football recruiting will have separate waivers and allowances as the Council is permitting on-campus evaluations during unofficial visits during the days football camps, and clinics are allowed in June and July 2021.

For FBS programs, there will be a quiet period allowing camps and on-campus visits from June 1 through June 27, a dead period from June 28 through July 24 and a return to a quiet period July 25 through July 31.

That waiver will allow coaches to work players out individually while on unofficial visits to help make up for time lost with missed evaluation periods over the last year.

Advertisement
Back