"First Day Out" June 1 Cookout & June 2nd Underclassmen Cookout - Updated 4/26

DVD coached Vince with me in Youth ball we can likely get all of those kids that we coached then lol

Jeremiah Smith is Geno Smiths cousin. There from my island in the Bahamas and we will be in play with him too...He will be a big time wr by the time he comes out.
What island? My people are from The Bluff, Eleuthera. Bullard/Smith/Rolle

Advertisement
Not to take away from the recruiting news, but to add to the campus convo, there will be even MORE dorm upgrades with renovations and new buildings in the coming years.

Soon the only old building will be Dooly 😂

They'll tear down the Towers, but I think Eaton has to remain in-place (it's now a historical building, nearly 70 years old).

They'll never get rid of the Merrick Building. They need to replace Memorial, make it 3 stories. I doubt they'll ever rebuild Ashe or Richter.

Everything else is fair game. I'd like to see them re-do the Law School (except for the Library), rebuild each side of the Quadrangle one year at a time over a 4-year period.

Advertisement
They'll tear down the Towers, but I think Eaton has to remain in-place (it's now a historical building, nearly 70 years old).

They'll never get rid of the Merrick Building. They need to replace Memorial, make it 3 stories. I doubt they'll ever rebuild Ashe or Richter.

Everything else is fair game. I'd like to see them re-do the Law School (except for the Library), rebuild each side of the Quadrangle one year at a time over a 4-year period.
Hmm didn’t know that about Eaton. Would love to see the law school get some upgrades. That was a good library to “sneak” into as an undergrad during finals.

Hmm didn’t know that about Eaton. Would love to see the law school get some upgrades. That was a good library to “sneak” into as an undergrad during finals.

Yes, and The Slab (ground floor of the Quadrangle) was a good place to "sneak" into every Thursday for Kegs On The Slab. We never carded anyone.

- Miami has turned things up recently with Fort Myers Dunbar Top247 cornerback Shawn Russ. Van Dyke and Manny Diaz both had conversations with the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder and he feels like the Canes have been showing a lot of love.

- Miami Florida Christian Top247 cornerback Antonio Robinson had conversations with Van Dyke and Robinson and they were telling him they want to bring Miami back to their glory days and they need him to do that.

No no no no no no no no no
What's wrong?

- Miami has turned things up recently with Fort Myers Dunbar Top247 cornerback Shawn Russ. Van Dyke and Manny Diaz both had conversations with the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder and he feels like the Canes have been showing a lot of love.

- Miami Florida Christian Top247 cornerback Antonio Robinson had conversations with Van Dyke and Robinson and they were telling him they want to bring Miami back to their glory days and they need him to do that.

No no no no no no no no no
Well I havent looked at the 23 class, so...

Advertisement
For the non-alums (and the alums who never come back to UM), do yourself a favor and take a walk around the campus one of these days, particularly the area where this cookout was held (Lakeside Village).

The UM coaches did a BRILLIANT job of picking the new dorm area to hold this event. During the 2020 season, I took my nieces (high school age) to see the campus and they were blown away by the new dorm next to Eaton. I too was amazed at how much has changed, and you can't get a better sense of that than when you stand in between Eaton Residential College (built in the 1950s) and the Lakeside Village. It is truly stunning.

While I have fond memories of Eaton and thought it was the best place to live on campus (at the time), the Lakeside Village is amazing, huge, and perfectly situated. For the student-athletes, they have short (and relatively equal length) walks to the football facilities and the classroom buildings. They have a great view of the lake and the new bridge to the University Center. The Lakeside Village is (mostly) elevated, and the ground-level area is a mixture of sand volleyball courts, covered picnic tables, artwork, and seating areas.

UM has been upgrading the football facilities for a few years, but I think this is the first time that large groups of recruits have had a chance to see the Lakeside Village on either an official or unofficial visit. I know the board has mentioned this a few times in the past, but I definitely can see that this is going to have a huge impact on recruiting going forward. Good lord, for 40 years, we've shown recruits "the apartment area" (in the old days) or Towers/Eaton/Mahoney-Pearson. Now they are right back in the same area where the football players lived in the 1980s, but in a brand new palatial building. I hope that the football players still get issued all those old 305-284-XXXX phone numbers, so that the football alums can call these kids before games and get them pumped up.

Go Canes!

meh...fūck all that

Let‘s all go to some backwoods SEC shlthole that we’ll never return to, and whose diploma we’ll stick in the back of a file drawer.

Advertisement

4 star LB Wesley Bissainthe

4 star S Bryce Anderson

4-star LB DeMario Tolan

4-star LB Travious Lathan

4-star RB Damari Alston

4-star ATH JaCorey Thomas

4-star CB Khamauri Rogers*** added 4/22

4 Star CB CB Earl Little Jr. *** added 4/12

4 star EDGE Nyjalik Kelly *** added 4/12

4 star S Markeith Williams *** added 4/13

4 star CB Jacolby Spells ** * added 4/13