First big booster speaks out

Advertisement
@johnnyctaylorjr - vice chair UM Trustee Board

You should all voice your displeasure via social media and written emails to the board leadership, athletics committee, at large and emeritus members. Tag them on every (re)tweet to make sure they hear us.

@johnnyctaylorjr - vice chair UM Trustee Board

You should all voice your displeasure via social media and written emails to the board leadership, athletics committee, at large and emeritus members. Tag them on every (re)tweet to make sure they hear us.

Unless you are a donor, he/they wont care.

And if we get smashed by UVA you don't think that holds weight ? Obviously due to the way our schedule is designed we couldn't really be eliminated from the coastal until week 8 or 9 I believe so hopefully back to back embarrassing losses to Bronco/Mack would be enough to pull the plug.
Your first question falls under number two. Getting smashed in embarrassing fashion definitely holds weight.

But my bet is still on when we're eliminated from ACC coastal.

Advertisement
This guy is great. Good for Lambert first for doing the NIL deal and now for using the megaphone that gave him.
Agree.

And even better he does not seem to want to just throw money at the program and bail them out. He calls them out. He seems to want them to get serious about the program and then he will get serious.

This is what happens when you hire the wrong people under shady circumstances and those circumstances won’t allow you to get rid of them.

Not only this, but it’s not as though his son was unqualified to be a HC. Debate whether he was qualified to be the HC here, but he was a player here, coached here, had the experience. The result has been so-so, but the hire wasn’t as egregious as Manny was.
Same no search process, both were assistants on failed staffs, neither were head coaches elsewhere…

That’s the most likely option. Or have him not be involved with football. I could see one of these two options versus being fired.

Cribby, blood sucks as an AD, period. I know we’re on the FB board, but he absolutely sucks as an AD, in general.

I’m going to assume whatever money he’s raised pales in comparison of what could be raised both from boosters & sponsors/endorses based upon the **** poor product that ALL of the big 3 sports programs have produced.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cribby, blood sucks as a AD, period. I know we’re on the FB board, but he absolutely sucks as an AD, in general.

I’m going to assume whatever money he’s raised pales in comparison of what could be raised both from boosters & sponsors/endorses based upon the **** poor product that ALL of the big 3 sports programs have produced.
He’d already be fired if he was at a program that cares.

When you are dealing with very successful and powerful individuals, i.e. the BOT, going public is actually counterproductive.
I may need to reread the article, but Dan Lambert didn't name names or anything that would embarrass anyone. He pointed out the obvious which is that the program is a dumpster fire under its current leadership, Manny, and that it is tough to sell NIL deals to companies because the product is a "$*&^ sandwich." He even stated that he doesn't make recommendations about coaches because he's just an MMA guy. This guy is a hero to any fan of the program.

These big donors met with Blake and Manny a year and a half ago and offered to bring in football people to help Blake and Manny. Blake and Manny declined the offer in a move that can only be described as an attempt at self-preservation. The truth is that Blake and Manny suck at their jobs and don't give a isht about the program or UM. They only care about their continued employment at compensation levels that are undeserved.

Advertisement
Interesting..... Posted in the last hour or so....

I see Blake is feeling the heat. He doesn't give a isht about UM or the athletic program. He's had his chance and he failed more miserably than anyone I can remember in that position. All he's going to do now is alienate people who actually care about UM and the athletic program. SMDH

Appreciate that.

He’s one of the few people that actually gives a ****. He’s made it no secret he’s ****ed.
How much is he really worth and is he really willing to part with 10-15M to make the change happen? The Soffer family is worth 1-2B and likely could use the 10-15M write-off.

Advertisement
James is likely making millions. He manages a 50-60M budget. I would assume he manages fundraising in coordination with the advancement office as some donors give to more than athletics. The BOT has to also ask, were these large donations (Soffer) made because of James or for another reason (lives in Miami, alum, liked CMR, likes Miami Football...). Secondly, they should be asking will these large donations dry up in light of the retaining of James and Diaz thus causing Miami to suffer financial pains. Lastly, they should be asking if we change AD and hire Mario at a cost of around $20M yr one and $5M over current burn rates moving forward will the budget cause Miami to suffer even larger financial pains OR will Miami's new AD+Coach lead to a better outcome financially and on the field/court.

Yes in the money he’s given. He’s got more juice than Tropicana. But From the outside looking in it seems like it’s a lot easier to write a check for Mario than writing a check for Mario and canning Blake. And for the life of me idk why unless dude has dirt or has powerful friends. Likely both. But as “builder of champions” he’s failed miserably.

You gotta understand, a decent segment of the board DGAF about football. Some care, but don’t care enough to speak out. For others, just being on the board is a coveted networking position… they don’t want to alienate themselves by making waves.

I know baseball hasn’t gone as hoped or expected… but that doesn’t change the fact that DiMare wants a championship football program just as much as all of us, and he has demonstrated his willingness to put his money where his mouth is.

Advertisement
Back