Fireside Flicker with Your Beloved Legend

1st half offensive stats

6 drives
22 plays
74 yards
Four 3 and outs
3 points

56 of them 74 came off of King's big run.

So in essence you have 21 plays for 18 yards in the 1st half. Lashlee game plan equaled less than a yard output per play.

The defense played like champs considering the **** Lashlee let slip out his shorts onto the field and decided to call it a game plan.

That was some Patrick Nix level coaching for real. The only difference in this game and the 58 to zero beat down is King and Bolden.

The defense started the game by getting absolutely torched three straight drives, and gave up 500 yards.

Advertisement
The defense started the game by getting absolutely torched three straight drives, and gave up 500 yards.
Yet the score was 21-10 in the third quarter with majority three and outs by the o , an o going up tempo. While playing the best qb and rb in the country and arguably the best offense. Not sure what you were expecting , especially with zero offense. I came in saying 34-37 points just to be in the game late.

Quick question , do y’all actually watch the rest of cfb? Did you see the best defenses in the country getting 40 + points and 500-600 yards dropped on them ? While playing inferior teams? Just checking.

Advertisement
I've seen more than enough from lispy. He's not the guy and will never be the guy. He has not improved at all as a coach and as a leader. Guys have gotten worse every year under him. Complete amateurism from top to bottom.

I don't see us winning out anymore but we absolutely cannot implode like last year. This recruiting class must stay together for the next coach.

Good write up as always, Franchise. As we all saw, there is such a huuuuge coaching and talent gap between us and Clemson, even though we've come so **** far from the abysmal Golden days when we were chasing OL rejects from Pennsylvania and fielding G5 teams. The thing that gives me hope is that we've got some very good, young players on our roster from the '19 and '20 classes. '18 was 50/50 but '17 turned out to be a disaster, and we are paying a little price for that now. Almost every position group has young talent that is far more promising than the upperclassmen in front of them, and they need to play:

- DL: JHH needs to start. Ford is nothing but a space-eating sub with cement feet.
- OL: Glad Hilllery and Herbert are out of the mix
- LB: Go with a rotation of Brooks, Cave and Huff. Period.
- WR: Play Smith, Payton and Restrespo

It is imperative we close strong on '21 and just keep stacking talent. But equally as important, we've got to upgrade our coaching staff. Lashlee will prove something to me one way or the other starting with Pitt. Baker, move to him LBs coach or move him on out because he's not a P5 DC. Year after year, Rumph can't recruit so he's got to go. Simple as that. Likens -- your receivers can't catch the **** ball.

Really curious to see how we respond the rest of the season.

Yet the score was 21-10 in the third quarter with majority three and outs by the o , an o going up tempo. While playing the best qb and rb in the country and arguably the best offense. Not sure what you were expecting , especially with zero offense. I came in saying 34-37 points just to be in the game late.

Quick question , do y’all actually watch the rest of cfb? Did you see the best defenses in the country getting 40 + points and 500-600 yards dropped on them ? While playing inferior teams? Just checking.

When it happens to Bama, it’s an aberration. It happens to us every time we play a good team. We lead the nation in chunk plays given up. The defense is not very good. It is what it is, I don’t see how pretending that was anything but a clusterfvck game helps us moving forward.

What irks me more than anything @The Franchise ...was the lack of ANY semblance of Halftime adjustments....even the most simplistic...

Even worse than that @caneinorlando ...

Having an extra week to prepare DID NOT benefit us at all.

Seems they knew our plays and anticipated our play calls better than we did ....even with only one week to prepare.

Our recent trend of playing poorly with an extra week to prepare continues unabated.

While I didn't expect a win. I was hoping for a better performance

Advertisement
D641186B-7A72-4C3F-A360-5830DA5709AF.jpeg

6/8 means that the defense faced 18 more plays excluding penalty downs at the START of the game.

Let that marinate. I figured our offense was going to have some issues early. Because even the LSU offense had issues early against BV. In order for offense to overcome that, or even attempt to overcome that, we needed enough snaps. The defense would have to get off the field.

Not getting off the field on third down and not converting third downs is a recipe for disaster.

6/8 means that the defense faced 18 more plays excluding penalty downs at the START of the game.

Let that marinate. I figured our offense was going to have some issues early. Because even the LSU offense had issues early against BV. In order for offense to overcome that, or even attempt to overcome that, we needed enough snaps. The defense would have to get off the field.

Not getting off the field on third down and not converting third downs is a recipe for disaster.
When they kept converting 3rd and longs early, I knew we were cooked. I was merely hoping to avoid humiliation at that point, and we couldn't even do that.

When they kept converting 3rd and longs early, I knew we were cooked. I was merely hoping to avoid humiliation at that point, and we couldn't even do that.

I just kept lying to myself. After we blocked a couple of field goals, and. they dropped the deep ball, and they missed a couple of other opportunities, I was thinking we were going to find a way to score at least one touchdown and close the gap. Change the game.

But Rhett never dug himself out of a hole. And Our WRs continued to go full *****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back