Fireside Chat with your Dear Legend

What are the 2 games you have us losing? V. Tech & UNC?

I personally don’t see them losing any of them but at most no more than 1 of those games, but I am optimistic type of guy.

Va. Tech & UNC defenses aren’t anywhere near the Clemson and Pitt Defenses nor will they face a good QB until Howell.
Va Tech's Hooker shredded us last year making his 1st start. We made him look like A taller Kyler Murray. He has improved from last year..has a strong arm...more accurate than King. Also fast and elusive . Va Tech and UNC could both be L's. Both have good qbs and offenses that can actually move the ball consistently with Tech having a stout ball hawking D to accompany the O.

Advertisement
Good post and hopefully we do see the younger guys more as the season goes on. Good point that keeping the seniors in there now, keeps the locker room in tact, but as season goes one and they don't play any better, we gotta make a change
Totally agreed.

I don’t think there a significant drop off from Pickett to Yellen. I think there’s a significant drop off from King to Perry.

Pickett’s average numbers against FBS competition in 2020 are 275 yards on 57% completions 1.75 tds/ .75 interceptions. Rushing averages are 11 carries for 24 yards per game. He had a 411 yard game against NCSt.

Yellen against Miami was 277 yards in 48% completions 1 TD 0 int. He had 3 rushes for -28 (all sacks)

Its not like Pickett is great. He’s been an average quarterback for four seasons and his numbers back that up. He’s played Miami 3 times and never looked great. Some timely scrambles in a game where Malik Rosier couldn’t complete a forward pass in 2017 and two duds in 2018 and 2019 when he didn’t throw for over 136 yards just isn’t that impressive.
We'll just disagree on Pickett not being much of an upgrade over Yellen. There's no point in discussing it if that's your opinion.

Expected response. You've been exposed as the wizard in the magical land of Oz puffing out your chest all the time when all you have is armchair QB football knowledge.
You've been exposed as a yuck mouth ****. Now, go on get to steppin' the fck out of my thread.

You must have missed our game against a common opponent. Miami dropped 52 on FSU and emptied their bench. UNC could only muster 28 points against that same defense and lost.
I didn't miss it at all. The common opponent comparison example doesn't always play. If you really think we are holding UNC to 28 pts I have some land to sell you in the everglades. UNC was flat and uninspired playing FSU that had done nothing all year. You think they will under estimate us and give a half *** effort Dec 5th?

Advertisement
I didn't miss it at all. The common opponent comparison example doesn't always play. If you really think we are holding UNC to 28 pts I have some land to sell you in the everglades. UNC was flat and uninspired playing FSU that had done nothing all year. You think they will under estimate us and give a half *** effort Dec 5th?
So when UNC loses to a sorry *** FSU team it's because they weren't trying hard enough?

You said that UNC has a much better offense than us. I'm curious as to what you're basing that on besides personal opinion. The only common opponent has been FSU and one team handled FSU in a laugher. The other team had to stage a desperation second half comeback just to make the score look close in a loss.

Maybe UNC has had better offensive numbers so far but they haven't played Clemson (#3 total defense in the nation) and Pitt (#7 total defense) so those stats may be a bit skewed.

Va Tech's Hooker shredded us last year making his 1st start. We made him look like A taller Kyler Murray. He has improved from last year..has a strong arm...more accurate than King. Also fast and elusive . Va Tech and UNC could both be L's. Both have good qbs and offenses that can actually move the ball consistently with Tech having a stout ball hawking D to accompany the O.
Tech is gonna be a major dogfight. They got hooker who shredded us last year. He looks faster and a more
Fluid passer this year. They got a running back who looks really good so far. And the defense looks solid against the lesser teams. Obv they got shredded against unc. At lane it will be a tough game. And if it’s under 60 we’re screwed

We are terrible at keeping contain. We would totally collapse inside and leave the the edge wide open. A running QB would have killed us...
Any objectionable fan w a pair of real eyes instead of O&G eyes would acknowledge this. There was several times where I was literally like omg, look at all that green w/ no one in sight. Yet Yellen kept drifting, drifting, or tried to force an ill advised pass.

I bleed, and I mean bleed O&G but I’m not some homer who don’t recognize massive flaws at times in our game. Maybe we play a different game w/ Pickett; I don’t know...what I do know we left ourselves butt naked on both coverage & lack of contain & Yellen was too green to take full advantage.

Again, they were in our RZ a lot.

Question about the chat format itself.

Do we have a bonfire on the beach Floridian style with bikini clad babies and the highest quality beverages or is this a Maine-esque night before Christmas approach?

Advertisement
Any objectionable fan w a pair of real eyes instead of O&G eyes would acknowledge this. There was several times where I was literally like omg, look at all that green w/ no one in sight. Yet Yellen kept drifting, drifting, or tried to force an ill advised pass.

I bleed, and I mean bleed O&G but I’m not some homer who don’t recognize massive flaws at times in our game. Maybe we play a different game w/ Pickett; I don’t know...what I do know we left ourselves butt naked on both coverage & lack of contain & Yellen was too green to take full advantage.

Again, they were in our RZ a lot.
There were literally times where it was harder to throw the pass than run for 7/8 yards. Pickett would have lapped that ish up.

I still think we would have beat them with Pickett but probably a different sort of game.

I watched that game and have watched every UM game for the last 30 years, including many in person. Go ahead and die on your hill of Pickett is good.

Some kids pee their name in the snow. Kenny Pickett can pee his name into concrete.

Some day in the future, Miami dodging Kenny Pickett on Saturday will viewed as a stroke of luck tantamount to Kokura, Japan being spared as the target of the second nuclear bomb due to unexpected cloud cover.

Last edited:
****, Chise is already off the wagon. That hurts. Couldn’t even make it to page 3 of this 1. Brought out the who’s who of Cane haters and mopes to celebrate. He’s got fake fan of the century Dwinstitles puffing out his chest.

Damnit Chise.

Glad LCE is still hanging in there. This board gets even more unreadable when the legends jump off the wagon. The mope circle jerk really goes next level.

****, Chise is already off the wagon. That hurts. Couldn’t even make it to page 3 of this 1. Brought out the who’s who of Cane haters and mopes to celebrate. He’s got fake fan of the century Dwinstitles puffing out his chest.

Damnit Chise.

Glad LCE is still hanging in there. This board gets even more unreadable when the legends jump off the wagon. The mope circle jerk really goes next level.
I hate when people puff their chest about being right over us being good. That’s just being a **** fan. Idt Chise hopped off. He is just in touch with where we are. We are in the bunch of 50-60 teams after Bama, Uga, Ohio State, & Clemson. That’s just reality.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Williams a healthy scratch based upon his performance or lack thereof? King had Brevin last game & still did chit w it. U’re comparing apples & oranges. Last yr Pickett is not the same as this yr’s Pickett, just like 2018 King is not the same as 2020 King.

Point being we struggled against Pitt w/ a backup QB. We’re an average team that’s 4-1. Hopefully, we tighten it up and become an above average squad.
31-19 with 4 passing tds and aloowing one td at 9 minutes in the 3rd struggling?
We can play what ifs but Pickett didn't play. So no one knows what he would've done. He could of played and had the worst game of his career.

Damnit Chise.

UNC troll. In case you didn’t know...
1BC8E218-F1FF-408B-BAC9-42856BF849D6.gif

Advertisement
We have had our moments..

But, Franchise new chats are honest, fair, funny, and articulate.

He generally speaks in different combinations of those things all the time. Depends upon which side your on the receiving end of his quips, or knowledge.

To the thread...

This is what we are. Basically a slightly improved work in progress..Mamny at least is acknowledging this. Yes Mamny.

We have major holes in play on the field and coaching alignments. The goal should be to squeak out 9-10 wins for recruiting and grow from that.

With that being said TVD needs to start getting snaps. For the future.

Last edited:
You guys love fcking up what could be good discussions by being snarky. Let me try to get some honest discussion going instead of snippy comments.

Have you watched Pitt play this year?

Do you think Pickett is a better QB than Yellen?

Would a better QB be more likely to take advantage of some plays that a lesser QB left on the field?

Would you feel we had a better chance to beat Pitt with King than with Perry? Or does the QB not matter?
No point bro they ruin football talk bringing up stats every fuqin time. Now I hope low key u are considered a troll/non fan like me. I need someone like u in my corner chise lmao

Advertisement
Back