Fireside Chat with The Living Legend

Advertisement
I have to say this repeatedly even when I’m not happy with Baker.

Manny deserves credit for adjusting just like he DESERVED the backlash for 2019. The jury is still out on him as a HC. Long way to go. But CUDOS, BIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAATTTCCCH! I am appreciative at this moment. Because I thought I was going to die last year.

Lashlee is a got **** chemist, bytch. Grab your white lab coats and enjoy his work, mofos!!!!

We’re so overdue, man. APPRECIATIVE!!!

I am sorry - I am still ****ed at Christian Williams for leaving.

However - the fact we don’t have depth there is on the staff. Not mentioning names.

Props to Pope - had an egregious drop but then bounced back. He even looked more confident catching punts.

Harley, had a bad drop and then an amazing grab and then an egregious drop and then the bone headed onside kick. He Is a veteran and I am willing to give him some slack still and expect a bounce back vs FSPooo.

Lastly, I find myself screaming like a mad man on every 10 yard deep safety blitz.

Changes are needed on the defensive side of the ball coaching staff in the offseason.

Advertisement
Cam is showing why he was a top 10 rated back. He never wavered on his commitment even with Lingard coming too. Kid put his head down and went to work. These are the fruits of his labor. Couldn’t be more happy for the kid.
AGREED. He was initially overshadowed by Lingard but that didn't matter to him. He outworked him, stayed humble, listened to the coaches and look at where he is now. Dude is a beast and is farrrrr and away our best RB.

We always jump too quickly on the hype train to pre-annoint our Freshmen studs. Jaylan is a stud, but he is NOT Cam Harris. Not yet at least. Now he does have the potential to be better. Needs to get bigger, stronger and tougher. Very high ceiling for the kid. Same goes for Chaney.

But as of right now, let's kill all the 'Jaylan is the best RB' nonsense and just give that man time to develop and be great. Because it's Cam's backfield right now.

Good write up man. That 57yarder was just ridiculous. I thought he might get over the bar but he hit the back of the sails with another 15yds left in that thing.

Lashlee’s play calling and scheming can’t be praised enough. We had the ball 19 minutes, and scored in a hurry every drive. Every time they clawed back we would just crush their spirit. Love Lashlee changing the play on the spot to result in 80yd TDs. The o line pass protection was lights out. Based off missed calls and dropped passes, Louisville is lucky it wasn’t 60+ points.

Respectfully, disagree. The teams who make the playoffs consistently have a dominant Defense. Even LSU, with their insane Offense, was nasty on Defense. Clemson, OSU, Bama, all have great Defense’s. Heck, Florida and Wisconsin do well because their Defense is their strength. If you want to beat Clemson, we need to figure a way to stop those guys, at the very least, hold them under 24-27. With what we are running, that’s not going to happen.

I think you need to rewatch some LSU games from last year.

Advertisement
I agree, LSU got lit up, at times, last year but usually they are stronger on Defense. That Offense was one of the greatest of all time. Last year’s LSU team was probably the exception and not the rule. Clemson and Bama usually play good enough D to slow down elite opponents significantly enough to win. We are no where near that.
Last year alone Bama had games where they gave up 46 & 48 pts. Just sayin....

I'll start with some general philosophy and then hit you with the pros and cons. It's time to celebrate, boys. Learn to celebrate the wins in life, and this was a big one. 2020 sucks for most even though I've never been happier, so breathe this one in and enjoy it.

Again, a large segment of the national media had us losing just like a lot of them picked UAB to beat us. They don't know what the astute UM fans know and what a few of us have been trying to tell you--we have a lot of talent on this team. All we needed was a leader at QB and a modern OC who would cater to the type of talent we have and not try to foist that 1970s Big 10 Boner Hayes pro style bro **** on us. We have both now.

Learn to accept that our defense isn't going to be a Sonny Lubick/Greg McMacken 9 points per game defense. Those days are over. Get over it. This is a defense built on creating havoc and splash plays. We hope to get the O off balance and in long yardage situations and force turnovers. It's not a sound defense, and it will always give up plays to good passing teams. Keep in mind that when you have a real O you don't have to be perfect every game or series on D.

OU makes the playoffs every year with a D that is complete dog ****; our D is better than theirs. It's all relative, boys. The entire Big 12 struggles to stop each other every year because football is an offensive game today. LSU was always a tough D, but they never had an O, and they struggled even with loads of talent. They get a great O, and they dominate everyone including Clemson and their great D. Look at the game holistically and stop focusing on one play or one player or one side of the ball. It's the ultimate team game, so when your D is struggling or playing a good O, then you lean on your O. We can do that now.

Pros:

Lash: This dude brings that big dyck swagger to our entire team. Just watch how he carries himself and how he coaches. He's tough, but he cares. He's not just a screamer who the players hate. He'll kick your *** then share some cookies his daughter made. He teaches and relates and demands excellence. On top of that, he brings the diversity I've been screaming for while most of you guys were telling me "but Dorsey and Booch and pro style is the Miami way."

King: Winner. Calm. Leader. Oh yeah, and he makes plays too. That throw to Harley where he was twisting and turned sideways and looked like Kareem dropping a sky hook was a thing of beauty. He looks a little robotic at times in the read option, but I still think they're trying to limit the hits on him. You don't want to destroy your QB in the first half of the season.

Cam Harris: I was tough on him last year, but he's proving to be a legit homerun hitter. Give him and edge or a crease, and he's gone. He's not going to be a guy who consistently picks up yards, but he's going to drop pellets on you if he gets a crease. And I love seeing that upright long stride of his when he gets loose. The turnover is fun to watch.

Brevin: Best TE in college football. Great job by Lash making him a focus. When you have a guy like that, you have to force feed him.

Joe B.: The ball explodes off his foot. I actually felt confident when he went out there for a 57 yarder. I would have been surprised if he missed it. It's a cannonading blast off his **** foot. Love the tats and eye black and the swag. This kid is Miami personified.

Cam Williams: Love his speed and length off the edge. He's playing like people were telling me Harvey was going to play last year. Future big time star.

Phillips: Stud. Warrior. Nonstop motor. He's all over the field and is a total disruptor. He might not have a million sacks, but he is constantly disrupting which is way more important than an occasional sack and then disappearance for 30 plays.

B. Bold: I actually saw idiots ripping him in the gameday abortion thread. This dude was everywhere. He's got great speed to the ball, and when he gets there he makes the play. Asking him to cover PooPoo AssSmell is retardation or complete lack of trust in your CB depth.

Cons:

CB Depth: If we can't get a 4th corner ready or god forbid lose 1 to injury, we will continue to have problems covering people. You simply can't ask any S to try to cover little fast dudes like AssSmell.

Jennings: Love his willingness to trade paint, but he's not a UM MLB right now. I'm not sure Brooks is either because I hear about how good he is, but I just don't see him jumping off the screen at me. None of our LBs seem to be jumping out at me. As a UM fan, you know when you have a great LB. We've seen them.

Harley: He was terrible. Can't drop TD passes. That's like a turnover in my book. Then, what the fck was he doing on that onside kick? That was awful.

Manny sitting on the ball at the end of the 1st half: That was horrible. You have all the momentum, 2 TOs, 1:40, and the ball in plus territory. And you take the air out of the ball. That was reminiscent of Booch's weak **** from the 90s.

Refs: They let UL hold and cheap shot all night. Pathetic.

Sissy UM fans: Fck you and buck up. LOL at you fools eating Splatterfield's *** all week, and then Manny owned him again for a 3rd time. And you're still making excuses for him.
I see no lies. I would like to add dropping passes in general to the con. You can’t catch them all but c’mon.

Advertisement
Learn to accept that our defense isn't going to be a Sonny Lubick/Greg McMacken 9 points per game defense. Those days are over. Get over it. This is a defense built on creating havoc and splash plays.

They’ll never get it. Even after watching Oklahoma, LSU and Bama get torched by every decent offense they faced last year.

I'd say right now that our strengths on offense are qb, rb, and te. The jury is still out on the o line although they did look better last night. Wr need to focus on catching the ball and they will be fine.

Defense everyone knew the d line was going to be a force. We are solid at safety as long as Bolden stays healthy. After Blades at cb it gets a little dicey, Couch has the tools and with experience should be fine. I figured we would miss Shaq this year but linebacker is a mess right now. Brooks needs to come on strong and McCloud made a few plays last night.

Special teams have been very solid so far although I'd like to see a rotation on returns to see if someone could shine there.

Going forward the offense has to continue to grow into this scheme and the defense has to tighten things up. It's a nice feeling though knowing we dominated a ranked team on the road not playing our best and dealing with horrid officiating.

Now let's go blast FSU into the dark ages.

This , as usual Miami fans are stuck in the past. Defense is almost impossible nowadays, then mix in a spread uptempo offense. There’ll be more opportunities with possessions and shorter drives because of the quick scores. Plus Lou has a great o.

Dont wanna speak for FedChise but I think he's saying that the goal posts(pardon the pun) for what constitutes a dominant D have changed in 2020. Nowadays, its all about how many redzone stops you get, how many FG attempts you force and point margin, I mean, if you score 65 points, and give up 30 -- is anyone really going to complain

Football is now very much an offensive game for the most part, at the college level

Advertisement
I've waited years for this O to arrive. No team left on our schedule will be able to simply take away the run, or the pass to beat us. Diversity is key, and we have it. Talk about giving opposing DCs nightmares.

And man, what a kicker.

Now, let's do to FSU what they did to us in 97. Worse would be better.

Dont wanna speak for FedChise but I think he's saying that the goal posts(pardon the pun) for what constitutes a dominant D have changed in 2020. Nowadays, its all about how many redzone stops you get, how many FG attempts you force and point margin, I mean, if you score 65 points, and give up 30 -- is anyone really going to complain

Football is now very much an offensive game for the most part, at the college level
Yep. It's better to win 47-25 than 16-7. Those close games are often decided by a bad bounce. A 20 point win is not.

I'll start with some general philosophy and then hit you with the pros and cons. It's time to celebrate, boys. Learn to celebrate the wins in life, and this was a big one. 2020 sucks for most even though I've never been happier, so breathe this one in and enjoy it.

Again, a large segment of the national media had us losing just like a lot of them picked UAB to beat us. They don't know what the astute UM fans know and what a few of us have been trying to tell you--we have a lot of talent on this team. All we needed was a leader at QB and a modern OC who would cater to the type of talent we have and not try to foist that 1970s Big 10 Boner Hayes pro style bro **** on us. We have both now.

Learn to accept that our defense isn't going to be a Sonny Lubick/Greg McMacken 9 points per game defense. Those days are over. Get over it. This is a defense built on creating havoc and splash plays. We hope to get the O off balance and in long yardage situations and force turnovers. It's not a sound defense, and it will always give up plays to good passing teams. Keep in mind that when you have a real O you don't have to be perfect every game or series on D.

OU makes the playoffs every year with a D that is complete dog ****; our D is better than theirs. It's all relative, boys. The entire Big 12 struggles to stop each other every year because football is an offensive game today. LSU was always a tough D, but they never had an O, and they struggled even with loads of talent. They get a great O, and they dominate everyone including Clemson and their great D. Look at the game holistically and stop focusing on one play or one player or one side of the ball. It's the ultimate team game, so when your D is struggling or playing a good O, then you lean on your O. We can do that now.

Pros:

Lash: This dude brings that big dyck swagger to our entire team. Just watch how he carries himself and how he coaches. He's tough, but he cares. He's not just a screamer who the players hate. He'll kick your *** then share some cookies his daughter made. He teaches and relates and demands excellence. On top of that, he brings the diversity I've been screaming for while most of you guys were telling me "but Dorsey and Booch and pro style is the Miami way."

King: Winner. Calm. Leader. Oh yeah, and he makes plays too. That throw to Harley where he was twisting and turned sideways and looked like Kareem dropping a sky hook was a thing of beauty. He looks a little robotic at times in the read option, but I still think they're trying to limit the hits on him. You don't want to destroy your QB in the first half of the season.

Cam Harris: I was tough on him last year, but he's proving to be a legit homerun hitter. Give him and edge or a crease, and he's gone. He's not going to be a guy who consistently picks up yards, but he's going to drop pellets on you if he gets a crease. And I love seeing that upright long stride of his when he gets loose. The turnover is fun to watch.

Brevin: Best TE in college football. Great job by Lash making him a focus. When you have a guy like that, you have to force feed him.

Joe B.: The ball explodes off his foot. I actually felt confident when he went out there for a 57 yarder. I would have been surprised if he missed it. It's a cannonading blast off his **** foot. Love the tats and eye black and the swag. This kid is Miami personified.

Cam Williams: Love his speed and length off the edge. He's playing like people were telling me Harvey was going to play last year. Future big time star.

Phillips: Stud. Warrior. Nonstop motor. He's all over the field and is a total disruptor. He might not have a million sacks, but he is constantly disrupting which is way more important than an occasional sack and then disappearance for 30 plays.

B. Bold: I actually saw idiots ripping him in the gameday abortion thread. This dude was everywhere. He's got great speed to the ball, and when he gets there he makes the play. Asking him to cover PooPoo AssSmell is retardation or complete lack of trust in your CB depth.

Cons:

CB Depth: If we can't get a 4th corner ready or god forbid lose 1 to injury, we will continue to have problems covering people. You simply can't ask any S to try to cover little fast dudes like AssSmell.

Jennings: Love his willingness to trade paint, but he's not a UM MLB right now. I'm not sure Brooks is either because I hear about how good he is, but I just don't see him jumping off the screen at me. None of our LBs seem to be jumping out at me. As a UM fan, you know when you have a great LB. We've seen them.

Harley: He was terrible. Can't drop TD passes. That's like a turnover in my book. Then, what the fck was he doing on that onside kick? That was awful.

Manny sitting on the ball at the end of the 1st half: That was horrible. You have all the momentum, 2 TOs, 1:40, and the ball in plus territory. And you take the air out of the ball. That was reminiscent of Booch's weak **** from the 90s.

Refs: They let UL hold and cheap shot all night. Pathetic.

Sissy UM fans: Fck you and buck up. LOL at you fools eating Splatterfield's *** all week, and then Manny owned him again for a 3rd time. And you're still making excuses for him.
Our linebackers have yet to make a true splash play. They have made some solid plays like McCloud on the sideline stop on 3rd and 2. But too often he was a step slow to the sideline. But I can’t think of one play of getting upfield and a tackle for a loss on an edge run. The creases are there but we don’t have anyone jumping that crease the way Pinckney did the last few years. Yeah he might have been out of position at times but Pink was all attack all the time. I see very little attack from this group and no plays in the backfield.

Con: Amari Carter’s penalties. 2 personal fouls in 1 game? like Chris Rock’s mom said about white, homeless people, ‘no reason for that”.

Yep. It's better to win 47-25 than 16-7. Those close games are often decided by a bad bounce. A 20 point win is not.

Last year, I distinctly remember the LSU-Ole Miss game, yeah, LSU got gashed, but they were in complete control -- but that D gave up a lot of yards and points that game. And it was loaded with NFL draft picks

Advertisement
Back