Fireside Chat with The Living Legend

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
I'll start with some general philosophy and then hit you with the pros and cons. It's time to celebrate, boys. Learn to celebrate the wins in life, and this was a big one. 2020 sucks for most even though I've never been happier, so breathe this one in and enjoy it.

Again, a large segment of the national media had us losing just like a lot of them picked UAB to beat us. They don't know what the astute UM fans know and what a few of us have been trying to tell you--we have a lot of talent on this team. All we needed was a leader at QB and a modern OC who would cater to the type of talent we have and not try to foist that 1970s Big 10 Boner Hayes pro style bro **** on us. We have both now.

Learn to accept that our defense isn't going to be a Sonny Lubick/Greg McMacken 9 points per game defense. Those days are over. Get over it. This is a defense built on creating havoc and splash plays. We hope to get the O off balance and in long yardage situations and force turnovers. It's not a sound defense, and it will always give up plays to good passing teams. Keep in mind that when you have a real O you don't have to be perfect every game or series on D.

OU makes the playoffs every year with a D that is complete dog ****; our D is better than theirs. It's all relative, boys. The entire Big 12 struggles to stop each other every year because football is an offensive game today. LSU was always a tough D, but they never had an O, and they struggled even with loads of talent. They get a great O, and they dominate everyone including Clemson and their great D. Look at the game holistically and stop focusing on one play or one player or one side of the ball. It's the ultimate team game, so when your D is struggling or playing a good O, then you lean on your O. We can do that now.

Pros:

Lash: This dude brings that big dyck swagger to our entire team. Just watch how he carries himself and how he coaches. He's tough, but he cares. He's not just a screamer who the players hate. He'll kick your *** then share some cookies his daughter made. He teaches and relates and demands excellence. On top of that, he brings the diversity I've been screaming for while most of you guys were telling me "but Dorsey and Booch and pro style is the Miami way."

King: Winner. Calm. Leader. Oh yeah, and he makes plays too. That throw to Harley where he was twisting and turned sideways and looked like Kareem dropping a sky hook was a thing of beauty. He looks a little robotic at times in the read option, but I still think they're trying to limit the hits on him. You don't want to destroy your QB in the first half of the season.

Cam Harris: I was tough on him last year, but he's proving to be a legit homerun hitter. Give him and edge or a crease, and he's gone. He's not going to be a guy who consistently picks up yards, but he's going to drop pellets on you if he gets a crease. And I love seeing that upright long stride of his when he gets loose. The turnover is fun to watch.

Brevin: Best TE in college football. Great job by Lash making him a focus. When you have a guy like that, you have to force feed him.

Joe B.: The ball explodes off his foot. I actually felt confident when he went out there for a 57 yarder. I would have been surprised if he missed it. It's a cannonading blast off his **** foot. Love the tats and eye black and the swag. This kid is Miami personified.

Cam Williams: Love his speed and length off the edge. He's playing like people were telling me Harvey was going to play last year. Future big time star.

Phillips: Stud. Warrior. Nonstop motor. He's all over the field and is a total disruptor. He might not have a million sacks, but he is constantly disrupting which is way more important than an occasional sack and then disappearance for 30 plays.

B. Bold: I actually saw idiots ripping him in the gameday abortion thread. This dude was everywhere. He's got great speed to the ball, and when he gets there he makes the play. Asking him to cover PooPoo AssSmell is retardation or complete lack of trust in your CB depth.

Cons:

CB Depth: If we can't get a 4th corner ready or god forbid lose 1 to injury, we will continue to have problems covering people. You simply can't ask any S to try to cover little fast dudes like AssSmell.

Jennings: Love his willingness to trade paint, but he's not a UM MLB right now. I'm not sure Brooks is either because I hear about how good he is, but I just don't see him jumping off the screen at me. None of our LBs seem to be jumping out at me. As a UM fan, you know when you have a great LB. We've seen them.

Harley: He was terrible. Can't drop TD passes. That's like a turnover in my book. Then, what the fck was he doing on that onside kick? That was awful.

Manny sitting on the ball at the end of the 1st half: That was horrible. You have all the momentum, 2 TOs, 1:40, and the ball in plus territory. And you take the air out of the ball. That was reminiscent of Booch's weak **** from the 90s.

Refs: They let UL hold and cheap shot all night. Pathetic.

Sissy UM fans: Fck you and buck up. LOL at you fools eating Splatterfield's *** all week, and then Manny owned him again for a 3rd time. And you're still making excuses for him.

Advertisement
Chise, just holding teams now to FG's is a win defensively in todays game, especially if you have a real offense. Last night ,holding the Ville to just 6 points in the first half was huge because it gave UM the chance to play from ahead, while they actually converted for TD's in the redzone. Todays game is a race to 40 points and beyond. Coming into the game, I thought we needed at least 38 points, well, we gave up 34(although some of that was garbage time, in reality). Miami is now equipped to compete in this era

But I just wish we would stop that god forsaken delayed zone blitz. It gets shredded waayyy to often

To me, the two TD drives after getting down 3-0, and then the two home runs dialed up by Nextflix Lashlee could be defining plays for this program moving forward -- that this is a new day. We don't have our Blockbuster Video membership card anymore on offense

Last edited:
Manny sitting on the ball at the end of the 1st half: That was horrible. You have all the momentum, 2 TOs, 1:40, and the ball in plus territory. And you take the air out of the ball. That was reminiscent of Booch's weak **** from the 90s.
Probably my biggest complaint. Especially with the defense dominating that first half and a kicker who is the equivalent of Steph Curry as soon as we cross midfield. Show some confidence. I get that we’re on the road, but go for the jugular.

Chise, just holding teams now to FG's is a win defensively in todays game, especially if you have a real offense. Last night ,holding the Ville to just 6 points in the first half was huge because it gave UM the chance to play from ahead, while they actually converted for TD's in the redzone. Todays game is a race to 40 points and beyond. Coming into the game, I thought we needed at least 38 points, well, we gave up 34(although some of that was garbage time, in reality). Miami is now equipped to compete in this era

But I just wish we would stop that god forsaken delayed zone blitz. It gets shredded waayyy to often

To me, the two TD drives after getting down 3-0, and then the two home runs dialed up by Nextflix Lashlee could be defining plays for this program moving forward -- that this is a new day. We don't have our Blockbuster Video membership card anymore defensively
I said all last week it would be a shootout and that we would have to win with our offense. I thought it would be a 49-42 type of game. UL is as skilled as anyone on O. We needed to make a few stops and get a couple TOs, and we did. The days of dominant defenses are over. You won't be seeing those old 90s Miami defenses anymore so just give it up. This is especially true if you want to run tempo.

Advertisement
Probably my biggest complaint. Especially with the defense dominating that first half and a kicker who is the equivalent of Steph Curry as soon as we cross midfield. Show some confidence. I get that we’re on the road, but go for the jugular.
It was really our last 2 possessions before half. Those were bad possessions

phillips got a lot of much deserved love but Roche had an AMAZING game in my opinion. Read nearly every misdirection and screen play perfectly, singlehadedly stopped 2 third down conversions, got pressure and sealed the edge multiple times, and got sack

dude is a beast and so glad we have 2 great defensive ends

Advertisement
phillips got a lot of much deserved love but Roche had an AMAZING game in my opinion. Read nearly every misdirection and screen play perfectly, singlehadedly stopped 2 third down conversions, got pressure and sealed the edge multiple times, and got sack

dude is a beast and so glad we have 2 great defensive ends
Roche had that one bad series with the penalty and didn’t contain the cutback for the TD, but then seemed to focus right back in.

I'll start with some general philosophy and then hit you with the pros and cons. It's time to celebrate, boys. Learn to celebrate the wins in life, and this was a big one. 2020 sucks for most even though I've never been happier, so breathe this one in and enjoy it.

Again, a large segment of the national media had us losing just like a lot of them picked UAB to beat us. They don't know what the astute UM fans know and what a few of us have been trying to tell you--we have a lot of talent on this team. All we needed was a leader at QB and a modern OC who would cater to the type of talent we have and not try to foist that 1970s Big 10 Boner Hayes pro style bro **** on us. We have both now.

Learn to accept that our defense isn't going to be a Sonny Lubick/Greg McMacken 9 points per game defense. Those days are over. Get over it. This is a defense built on creating havoc and splash plays. We hope to get the O off balance and in long yardage situations and force turnovers. It's not a sound defense, and it will always give up plays to good passing teams. Keep in mind that when you have a real O you don't have to be perfect every game or series on D.

OU makes the playoffs every year with a D that is complete dog ****; our D is better than theirs. It's all relative, boys. The entire Big 12 struggles to stop each other every year because football is an offensive game today. LSU was always a tough D, but they never had an O, and they struggled even with loads of talent. They get a great O, and they dominate everyone including Clemson and their great D. Look at the game holistically and stop focusing on one play or one player or one side of the ball. It's the ultimate team game, so when your D is struggling or playing a good O, then you lean on your O. We can do that now.

Pros:

Lash: This dude brings that big dyck swagger to our entire team. Just watch how he carries himself and how he coaches. He's tough, but he cares. He's not just a screamer who the players hate. He'll kick your *** then share some cookies his daughter made. He teaches and relates and demands excellence. On top of that, he brings the diversity I've been screaming for while most of you guys were telling me "but Dorsey and Booch and pro style is the Miami way."

King: Winner. Calm. Leader. Oh yeah, and he makes plays too. That throw to Harley where he was twisting and turned sideways and looked like Kareem dropping a sky hook was a thing of beauty. He looks a little robotic at times in the read option, but I still think they're trying to limit the hits on him. You don't want to destroy your QB in the first half of the season.

Cam Harris: I was tough on him last year, but he's proving to be a legit homerun hitter. Give him and edge or a crease, and he's gone. He's not going to be a guy who consistently picks up yards, but he's going to drop pellets on you if he gets a crease. And I love seeing that upright long stride of his when he gets loose. The turnover is fun to watch.

Brevin: Best TE in college football. Great job by Lash making him a focus. When you have a guy like that, you have to force feed him.

Joe B.: The ball explodes off his foot. I actually felt confident when he went out there for a 57 yarder. I would have been surprised if he missed it. It's a cannonading blast off his **** foot. Love the tats and eye black and the swag. This kid is Miami personified.

Cam Williams: Love his speed and length off the edge. He's playing like people were telling me Harvey was going to play last year. Future big time star.

Phillips: Stud. Warrior. Nonstop motor. He's all over the field and is a total disruptor. He might not have a million sacks, but he is constantly disrupting which is way more important than an occasional sack and then disappearance for 30 plays.

B. Bold: I actually saw idiots ripping him in the gameday abortion thread. This dude was everywhere. He's got great speed to the ball, and when he gets there he makes the play. Asking him to cover PooPoo AssSmell is retardation or complete lack of trust in your CB depth.

Cons:

CB Depth: If we can't get a 4th corner ready or god forbid lose 1 to injury, we will continue to have problems covering people. You simply can't ask any S to try to cover little fast dudes like AssSmell.

Jennings: Love his willingness to trade paint, but he's not a UM MLB right now. I'm not sure Brooks is either because I hear about how good he is, but I just don't see him jumping off the screen at me. None of our LBs seem to be jumping out at me. As a UM fan, you know when you have a great LB. We've seen them.

Harley: He was terrible. Can't drop TD passes. That's like a turnover in my book. Then, what the fck was he doing on that onside kick? That was awful.

Sissy UM fans: Fck you and buck up. LOL at you fools eating Splatterfield's *** all week, and then Manny owned him again for a 3rd time. And you're still making excuses for him.
SOLID!

Advertisement

To me, the two TD drives after getting down 3-0, and then the two home runs dialed up by Nextflix Lashlee could be defining plays for this program moving forward -- that this is a new day. We don't have our Blockbuster Video membership card anymore defensively

this right here. In prior years, if the other team had momentum, our offense would come out and do some 3 and outs. This year? Lash responds and stuffs it down their throats. That is a huge change in this team.

Pope's drop before the half was a big *** Con. Now, he did have a nice 3rd down grab inside the 5 when we ended up settling for a FG, so I'll give the kid credit for making a clutch grab to keep that drive going. But he has to make that catch before the half just like Harley has to catch that TD pass. Things like that are the differences between good teams and great teams. We may be able to get to the ACCCG with this team, but until we start consistently making the plays we should always make, our ceiling is Clemsons warm-up before the CFP.

Advertisement
I agree with most of everything in the OP except for the defensive analysis. We aren’t fundamentally sound and that has NOTHING to do with our OC, our offensive tempo, OU, LSU or anything else.

We simply aren’t well coached in the back seven and our play-caller is trash. That’s our issue.

We don’t need to choose between having a good offense OR a good defense. A better staff would dramatically change how we play on defense. Which is exactly what we are witnessing on offense this year.

Pros:

Cons:

We gotta make sure his brother gets tats. Maybe our kickers need that South Pacific look. It might help us recruit a few Samoans.

Last edited:
That summary should be posted in the Herald in place of whatever tripe they put out there. Concise and insightful. We’ll need to accept what our D’s philosophy nets. There are some holes there.

I’m not sure if it was Manny who took the air out of the ball at end of 1st half. I really think Lashlee is calling ALL the shots on offense. And, if so, I couldn’t be happier about it.

Did you see when the team was close to the goal line and losing focus? Dude blew up and yelled for everyone to get their **** together. After being nauseated by unfocused coaches and all the nonsense celebrating, it’s great to see a relentless, focused killer. He’s ****ed off if we’re not lined up perfectly within 10 seconds of being tackled on the prior play. God bless him.

Agree with you on Jennings, he over pursued & took a bad angle on that 4th & 1 run & he routinely gets swallowed trying to shoot the wrong gap.

A lot of those cutback stretch Zones get so many initial yards because Jennings doesn't have the feet or the hips to flip & shed to get back to his gap, once he's committed to going in one direction that's where he's going whether the runner is there or not lol.

IMO he's basically a less talented & slower Shaq Quarterman.

Brooks is the real deal, he's our fastest LB & recovers better than any of them, the issue he's having is he's playing to what Baker is asking of him, he needs to be allowed to roam & react freely, he's a Patrick Queen/Kenneth Murray style backer but we have him playing strict assignment ball where he can't really do what he does best which is run & hit.

Aside from the CB depth, the most annoying thing about our Defense is how we use our LB's & the personnel groupings we go with at LB. We have DL rotation figured out & Safety as well, but with LB it's a crap shoot from week to week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back