Fireside Chat w/ Your Beloved Legend

Great read as always

With Frierson, Ive been expecting that since day 1. We needed somebody to step into that role since Romeo Finely was such an asset and cleaned up a lot. I dont give a crap about Gil's antics and trash talk if he backs it up with play like that. Hands down his best game as a Hurricane. Same with Ivey.

And we can still get better. Especially on defense. Its not the same feel as it was in 18 with Rosier playing QB. We knew we were squeaking out some terrible wins. This feels completely different. Like when you started making love as a high schooler and then the first time you went raw type of different.

Advertisement
Great read as always

With Frierson, Ive been expecting that since day 1. We needed somebody to step into that role since Romeo Finely was such an asset and cleaned up a lot. I dont give a crap about Gil's antics and trash talk if he backs it up with play like that. Hands down his best game as a Hurricane. Same with Ivey.

And we can still get better. Especially on defense. Its not the same feel as it was in 18 with Rosier playing QB. We knew we were squeaking out some terrible wins. This feels completely different. Like when you started making love as a high schooler and then the first time you went raw type of different.
You're right on point with feeling there's still some meat on the bones. 17 was full of fortunate twists, but you knew we weren't as good as we appeared. I don't have that feeling this year. A great offense gives you a margin of error.

Great ISH, Chise!!

Lashlee is indeed an animal! We have been long overdue for a showing like that... and we still aren’t hitting on all cylinders. His attention to detail is 2nd to none, and he’s absolutely dialed into each play.

It has been a very very very very long time since we’ve seen anything close to this type of coaching on offense.

It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Let Bubba Bolden roam... and watch the results. Beast.

Advertisement
Great ISH, Chise!!

Lashlee is indeed an animal! We have been long overdue for a showing like that... and we still aren’t hitting on all cylinders. His attention to detail is 2nd to none, and he’s absolutely dialed into each play.

It has been a very very very very long time since we’ve seen anything close to this type of coaching on offense.

It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Let Bubba Bolden roam... and watch the results. Beast.
We haven't innovated on offense since Erickson got here in 89. That's over 30 years, bro. And Bolden has that feel doesn't he? We've seen great S play here and know what it looks like. This is the first glimpse we've had of that in awhile too. We've had a few good over the last 10 years but nothing great like we used to have. Bolden can be that.

I have a really weird feeling about this upcoming game at Clemson, as if we’re going to do something really unexpected. I actually think we might win.

Me too. I’m full Critical Homer right now. I’m fully depending on Rhett to drop his balls and let it go vs Clemson’s DC.

Shoot Out. He still has tools in that kit that he hasn’t pulled out yet. Plays specifically designed for Clemson.

Dead useless weight sounds like a good band name.

Also sounds like a great way to describe many of the negative posters on this site.

Advertisement
You're right on point with feeling there's still some meat on the bones. 17 was full of fortunate twists, but you knew we weren't as good as we appeared. I don't have that feeling this year. A great offense gives you a margin of error.

Yep. I was talking with somebody and I started saying how we need to play a lot better on defense and they said "Yeah, well Oklahoma is top 5 every year with the cumstain of a defense they trot out there. Your offense is good enough to validate where you are ranked." I got even more excited taking that in and I'm still sitting in an ice bath trying to get rid of this erection

@The Franchise

Even if Lash stays another year he will most certainly be gone eventually. In your opinion, who are the guys out there that Diaz should be keeping tabs on for the OC position? Lash could be grooming his replacement as we speak with Likens or Justice but I really haven't looked into the type of OCs they were at previous stops. What do you think?

Awesome write-up, Franchise. In 2017, I thoroughly enjoyed Ahmonn rupturing the spleen of that FSU DB and Darrell Langham ripping their souls out of their chests with the TD grab. In 2018, I enjoyed the come from behind victory when FSU just KNEW they had the game won. Last year, I just enjoyed watching the guys confidence bloom as they knew full well they were going to beat the Noles before they even took the field.

This year, I nutted when Nesta burst through the line and sniffed out the double-reverse and broke Travis' pelvis making him crawl like a toddler. I admittedly love the big hits and the psychological and physical damage they do to the opponent.

Let's enjoy this year.

@The Franchise

Even if Lash stays another year he will most certainly be gone eventually. In your opinion, who are the guys out there that Diaz should be keeping tabs on for the OC position? Lash could be grooming his replacement as we speak with Likens or Justice but I really haven't looked into the type of OCs they were at previous stops. What do you think?
If I had to guess on a replacement from within, it would be Justice. He has a spread background, and seems like a bright guy. Let's see though. We should be making a concerted effort to train Lash's replacement while he's here.

Good news is there are spread guys out there versed in similar systems. I love Heupel's approach, so I'd try to steal Lebby from Old Urine. Heupel calls plays at UCF, but it looks like he might be grooming Joey Haizle, who has either been coached by Heupel or coached with him for about 10 years.

Advertisement
We should just fire Manny to keep Lashlee as our HC. Lashlee is one that will lead to a championship, the head guy is too soft, I'll never forget him trying to run out the clock against Central Michigan.

Going to miss him in 2022, Covid helps us keep him for another year imo
This is the boss move that requires vision and balls by an AD and board.... so no chance

Until Lash got here, our swag was fake. There was bluster, but it all seemed rehearsed, and it was just lip service. This dude gives us that real deal stuff.
I met Author Stephen King once at a track meet here in Punta Gorda. He was here for the District Track Meet watching Ace Sanders (Manatee) run the 100 M against Mike Bellamy (Charlotte, who went to "You have to go where the money is" Clemson, and had a 75yrd TD run his first NCAA touch).

While King was rehabbing in Sarasota after some guy in a truck ran him over one morning while he was walking in Maine, Sanders father worked the grounds in the house where he was stayng. They became friendly. One of my sons was at the meet, called me and told me to come and get the book I was reading, signed. He wrote "Duma Key" staged in this area of Florida while he was down here on the mend. King was a nice guy and we talked some Maine history, my business partner's sister went to college with him, and he knew the schooner we owned. As he was signing the book, I said, "There were some absolutely incredible stretches of writing in this book." He looked up squinted with that goofy/sinister smile behind those Lennonesq glasses and replied, "I know."

The Franchise, I have finally read something again that I feel compelled to say to you; there were some incredible stretches of writing in this Fireside Chat.

Advertisement
I called my doctor for an erection that lasted longer than 4 hours watching that midget traitor Samuel laughing on the sideline down by 40.
This had me laughing. You would think by the 4th win in a row over FSU would get old but it has not. My hate for them still burns bright. Any kid who picked FSU over the Canes. gives me the same feelings. I know they are kids but I can compartmentalize.

If I had to guess on a replacement from within, it would be Justice. He has a spread background, and seems like a bright guy. Let's see though. We should be making a concerted effort to train Lash's replacement while he's here.

Good news is there are spread guys out there versed in similar systems. I love Heupel's approach, so I'd try to steal Lebby from Old Urine. Heupel calls plays at UCF, but it looks like he might be grooming Joey Haizle, who has either been coached by Heupel or coached with him for about 10 years.
Totally agree on Heupel. I love watching his UCF offense. Lebby would be a phenomenal choice as well. The Justice thing is intriguing as well. I'm going to have to find out more about him. Likens was an OC as well so maybe him as well. Agreed that we should be grooming his replacement while he is still here.

Whatever happens this experience with Lash is just the tonic this program needed. Even if he does leave after 1 year, other bright young OCs will know that they can succeed here now that our "spread offense cherry" has been popped. for lack of a better analogy......And good bright OCs attract great QBs.

I met Author Stephen King once at a track meet here in Punta Gorda. He was here for the District Track Meet watching Ace Sanders (Manatee) run the 100 M against Mike Bellamy (Charlotte, who went to "You have to go where the money is" Clemson, and had a 75yrd TD run his first NCAA touch).

While King was rehabbing in Sarasota after some guy in a truck ran him over one morning while he was walking in Maine, Sanders father worked the grounds in the house where he was stayng. They became friendly. One of my sons was at the meet, called me and told me to come and get the book I was reading, signed. He wrote "Duma Key" staged in this area of Florida while he was down here on the mend. King was a nice guy and we talked some Maine history, my business partner's sister went to college with him, and he knew the schooner we owned. As he was signing the book, I said, "There were some absolutely incredible stretches of writing in this book." He looked up squinted with that goofy/sinister smile behind those Lennonesq glasses and replied, "I know."

The Franchise, I have finally read something again that I feel compelled to say to you; there were some incredible stretches of writing in this Fireside Chat.
I know.

I completely forgot about Gil. Thanks for reminding me, bro. He was at his best against FSU. Best he's ever played, and that's the standard for him now, so there's no turning back, Gil. You showed us what you're capable of and the energy you can bring.

One thing that makes me even more hopeful and King and Lash is they haven't even hit their full stride yet. Imagine what this offense will be capable of looking like during the final few games of this season.

King is STILL RUSTY! Running and throwing.

R.I.P every other team in college football.

Advertisement
Back