Finishing 3rd in the ACC Standings means what Bowl Game ?

Advertisement
As a matter of fact they're going to push for UF vs UM ..recent history plays out for a huge game.

UF getting knocked out of playoff by "default"
UM getting knocked out of ACC ship, and consequently the playoff, by "default"

Last game was actually "pretty tight" as far as the media is concerned. (and caught the national eye)

UF on a come up
UM on a come up

Way more to sell than not, so that's the best case as far as OB people are concerned

Advertisement
you do know that stadium is the site the last Miami bowl game win right?.. I was there watching them beat WV and it was an awesome game
It's also more recently the site of the loss to UFag and then my 3 mile walk to the Uber pick up location and 3 hour wait. No thanks.

Regardless of wat happens in the ACCCG if Miami wins out they will be in a NY6 game. Either the OB ACC tie in or an at large.

For the people saying Miami isnt a playoff team, i agree with you but that doesnt mean they cant still end up there. There are very realistic scenarios where It can happen. 2020 is not a typical year.

As a matter of fact they're going to push for UF vs UM ..recent history plays out for a huge game.

UF getting knocked out of playoff by "default"
UM getting knocked out of ACC ship, and consequently the playoff, by "default"

Last game was actually "pretty tight" as far as the media is concerned. (and caught the national eye)

UF on a come up
UM on a come up

Way more to sell than not, so that's the best case as far as OB people are concerned
Also, you got the whole “King vs. Trask” angle. The media will be chomping at the bits to talk about high school starter meeting the high school backup on the collegiate level.

10-1 gets the Orange Bowl or Peach Bowl.

All just conjecture of course right now but I’ve seen the gator and Cincinnati as potential matchups.

FWIW, both dudes who do it for ESPN have Miami vs Florida on 1/2 in the Orange Bowl in their projections for this week.

Advertisement
If Miami finishes 3rd place in the ACC Standings what bowl game do you think they will play in Orange Bowl, Gator Bowl, Chick Fil A ?
Loaded baked potato here.

Let's say Clemson and ND are both in the CFP's and Miami wins remaining games. If this is the scenario, Miami is in the OB game. If either one of ND or Clemson are not in the CFP, then the out is in the OB pushing Miami to Cotton or Fiesta...again assuming Miami wins remaining games.

Top 10 team will play in NY6 bowl game....

Sugar: ALA vs CLEM
Rose: OSU vs ND
Fiesta: BYU vs USC
Orange: MIA vs FLA
Peach: UGA vs CIN
Cotton: OU vs aTm

10-1 gets the Orange Bowl or Peach Bowl.

All just conjecture of course right now but I’ve seen the gator and Cincinnati as potential matchups.

FWIW, both dudes who do it for ESPN have Miami vs Florida on 1/2 in the Orange Bowl in their projections for this week.
Texas A&M is a possibility, too.

Advertisement
There will be no avoiding a UM UF match up unless Miami wets the bed vs old man brown.

Advertisement
Assuming Miami wins out: Orange vs UF.

Now for the crazy chance: Miami wins out, aTm drops game to Auburn, UF drops game to Bama, Cinn drops game to Tulsa, OSU can't get to 6 games

10-1 Miami
10-1 ND
10-1 Clemson
10-0 Bama

Yes, 2020 is crazy enough that Miami is all but out of the ACCCG but actually should have a chance to make the CFP. Do I think it happens? <.1% chance as the CFP will likely take a 2 loss aTm or UF over Miami.
Zero percent chance 3 ACC teams make it.

I hate Orlando and that shiithole of a stadium.
Man I’ve had 2 very different experiences at camping world.
UL and Teddy rolled on us one year and then the next time we smoked W.VA so Who knows which Miami shows up

The ONLY bowl projection worth its salt is the one that has us facing UiF in the Orange. Rona vaccines will be administered by Dan Marino personally on Dan Marino Blvd outside of Hard Kock thus allowing for full capacity and unfettered tailgating.

Canes by 21 and King announces that he's returning in the post-game ceremony after grabbing the mic away from a jubilant Kirk Herbstreit and then plants a big full tongue kiss on Megan Mullen who is for some reason in the middle of the Canes celebration.

We. Back.

Advertisement
Back