Finishing 3rd in the ACC Standings means what Bowl Game ?

HurricaneAlex

Sophomore
Banned
If Miami finishes 3rd place in the ACC Standings what bowl game do you think they will play in Orange Bowl, Gator Bowl, Chick Fil A ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Clemson and ND get into the CFP, we're mandated as the top ACC team not in the CFP to be in the Orange Bowl assuming we beat Duke and UNC. We would likely face Florida.

Technically, we could beat UNC and lose to Duke and GT and still make the Orange Bowl. I'd like to get to 10 wins heading into the bowl game

Assuming Miami wins out: Orange vs UF.

Now for the crazy chance: Miami wins out, aTm drops game to Auburn, UF drops game to Bama, Cinn drops game to Tulsa, OSU can't get to 6 games

10-1 Miami
10-1 ND
10-1 Clemson
10-0 Bama

Yes, 2020 is crazy enough that Miami is all but out of the ACCCG but actually should have a chance to make the CFP. Do I think it happens? <.1% chance as the CFP will likely take a 2 loss aTm or UF over Miami.

Now for the crazy chance: Miami wins out, aTm drops game to Auburn, UF drops game to Bama, Cinn drops game to Tulsa, OSU can't get to 6 games

10-1 Miami
10-1 ND
10-1 Clemson
10-0 Bama

Yes, 2020 is crazy enough that Miami is all but out of the ACCCG but actually should have a chance to make the CFP. Do I think it happens? <.1% chance as the CFP will likely take a 2 loss aTm or UF over Miami.
Yall are nuts thinking we really are a CFP team. Lmao... I need the jokes 🤣🤣🤣😂😅

Advertisement
Mind reading the last sentence? <.1% chance. Clearly, you can read and decided to ignore that part.

The point of the post was to show how F'd up 2020 has been.
I swear the mental ability of people on this board is lower than the general population. No one here thinks we are a playoff caliber team but all you said was there is a slight chance.

I will say that given that the Committee still has us ranked 10th with 2 loss UGA and ISU ahead of us, they don't see us as playoff caliber either. They would have a long list of teams they would put ahead of us.

Orange against A&M. If Florida somehow beats Bama then it could change a lot of things cause they would likely jump the loser of the ACC championship and get two SEc schools in the playoff

That would push us below the orange bowl level

Advertisement
Advertisement

10-1 Miami
10-1 ND
10-1 Clemson
10-0 Bama

10-1 Miami gets in over undefeated CIN imo

10-1 Miami gets in over undefeated CIN imo
Can’t see that happened with how they’re ranked now... two more wins over Tulsa, they’d have 6 wins vs winning records.... we’d have unc and Nc st.

That said as long as we don’t **** the bed vs duke and gtech it should be the orange vs Florida... the bowls are gonna want to cut down on travel this year

If Miami wins out and gets into the Orange bowl, why is everyone assuming it will be against Florida? I f Florida loses to Bama in the SEC Championship game, doesn't the SEC have a tie in to the Sugar Bowl?

I swear the mental ability of people on this board is lower than the general population. No one here thinks we are a playoff caliber team but all you said was there is a slight chance.

I will say that given that the Committee still has us ranked 10th with 2 loss UGA and ISU ahead of us, they don't see us as playoff caliber either. They would have a long list of teams they would put ahead of us.

4 teams get in.
Miami is 10th with 3 games to play including 1 vs ranked UNC.
There are 127 teams that have played games in 2020.
UGA is the only team ahead of us that doesn't play a ranked game.

That long list of 9 teams ahead of us will drop if Miami wins out.

Advertisement
Back