Find the Silver Lining

Hopefully Enos realizes that he has to scheme/call plays in a way that helps mitigate our obvious deficiencies on the O-line. He did not do a good job at all of that tonight
I also thought Enos was getting rid of the hand clap snap count (which we saw tonight). Either way, Enos played to conservative. He did not open up the playbook and let Jarren flex--a missed opportunity.

Advertisement
Dude he's played in one full game his entire collegiate career. Are you actually proclaiming that already?

Usually with special players you see flashes of it right away. I saw a poised QB, but not a special QB. If we had the OL he would be solid but with this makeshift OL we need a special QB to win 10 games with to overcome sh*t play calling and this OL.

As bad as the offense was tonight there were also flashes of what they can be. It sucks that we lost but I feel way better about the team than I did a year ago. Lots of work to do but I think we have the personnel and coaching to win out the rest of our schedule and and the coastal.

Talent is there. Technique needs a lot of work. We could have won that game with hslf of the penalties.

Advertisement
I'm down with "Touchdown Brass Knuckles"

I'm not down with "Touchdown Rings"

How anyone can talk sht about Jarren after tonight is beyond me . Kid made his first start in a huge game to start the season, a new offense, behind a terrible line , sacked 9 times hit twice that many times and still had us right there . With just 50% better O Line play we win that game . **** if Bubba hits the **** chip shot we probably win that game

Defense will dominate the rest of this weak schedule. If that ******* dummy Ivey didn’t get suspended Bandy would’ve made that play on Hammond. Instead Gil get caught flat footed and gives up the play of the game.

Advertisement
Definitely silver linings to go around but why didn’t we double team zuniga? We let that guy rape Nelson

First time head coach, new oc, first time QB and a chance to win. A lot of learning tonight. A lot of growth between game 1 and 2. Let's see how we look against UNC before passing judgement.

I thought we played a pretty good game against a team that everyone thought would kill us.

Unfortunately, at the end of the game, our weakness was exposed. (everyone knew the weakness, freshman LT, first start QB)

we had a punchers chance and we muffed a punt and missed a field goal....

The future is bright.

Advertisement
One positive is that this coaching staff got a wake up call.

Pretty clear the offense was unprepared between whistles. The offense was wholly undisciplined with their false start and holding penalties. They have two weeks to get it right.

Thought Baker’s playcalling was largely unimaginative and his blitzes were ineffective. He has two weeks to figure it out.

Enos has a problem at both Tackle spots and has two weeks to scheme around it.

A lot to be happy with. We gave up a fake punt. And muffed a punt. And only lost by 4 with a real shot to win it in the end. Still not sure what happened on the no call on Jordan.

How anyone can talk sht about Jarren after tonight is beyond me . Kid made his first start in a huge game to start the season, a new offense, behind a terrible line , sacked 9 times hit twice that many times and still had us right there . With just 50% better O Line play we win that game . **** if Bubba hits the **** chip shot we probably win that game
yeah, jarren played a really solid game tonight and showed flashes of why he was such a high recruit. i don't think people are understanding how good his pocket movement was in order to get out of some of those tough situations- his problem, however, was that once he did get out of them, he didn't throw the ball away and ended up taking the sack anyway. that is completely fixable and an understandable issue from a redshirt freshman making his first start under the lights.

Advertisement
Oh, another one--Don't have to watch that stupid boy band geico commercial.

yeah, jarren played a really solid game tonight and showed flashes of why he was such a high recruit. i don't think people are understanding how good his pocket movement was in order to get out of some of those tough situations- his problem, however, was that once he did get out of them, he didn't throw the ball away and ended up taking the sack anyway. that is completely fixable and an understandable issue from a redshirt freshman making his first start under the lights.
Exactly . He definitely held the ball too long but it was his first start and he was trying to make plays . Little things like the clock in your head come from experience .

Advertisement
Back