Final Tyler Byrd update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byrd is a great athlete and he had a chance to play in the SEC.... Can't blame him for his decision.

I wish him the best and hope he reps South Florida well up there in Tennessee.

As for the Canes, we'll be just fine.

And you are definitely not a Canes fan.

Quit trolling our board. It's bad enough that he concocted this whole plan to **** on the U along with his BFF. I don't wish him any ill because that ain't my style. But I also don't wish him success. It is what it is. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

Advertisement
Byrd is a great athlete and he had a chance to play in the SEC.... Can't blame him for his decision.

Quit trolling our board. It's bad enough that he concocted this whole plan to **** on the U along with his BFF. I don't wish him any ill because that ain't my style. But I also don't wish him success. It is what it is. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

Of course I'm a canes fan, I'm just not bitter and I can understand where the kid is coming from

His best friend and main recruiter are at Tennesee. And honestly, the defensive coaching is probably better at Tennessee, especially his position coach. Given all that, I can certainly understand the kids decision

Don't worry, there are plenty of D1 athletes out there and we'll get ours. Should focus on kids who are a better fit

Of course I'm a canes fan, I'm just not bitter and I can understand where the kid is coming from

His best friend and main recruiter are at Tennesee. And honestly, the defensive coaching is probably better at Tennessee, especially his position coach. Given all that, I can certainly understand the kids decision

Don't worry, there are plenty of D1 athletes out there and we'll get ours. Should focus on kids who are a better fit

I like your handle, but I really dislike you.

You gave yourself away with the sec **** sucking.

In my opinion, the kid made the best decision for his future and I wish him well. If that bothers you, so be it.

Advertisement

In my opinion, the kid made the best decision for his future and I wish him well. If that bothers you, so be it.

And you've said in multiple threads the coaching is better elsewhere. Pitt. UT.

What ever sick person is behind your handle: go enjoy your own team's success instead of lancing our boils.

What ever sick person is behind your handle: go enjoy your own team's success instead of lancing our boils.

Miami could have ponied up the cash and hired a DC with a better track record, and they could have hired a defensive backs coach with some college experience. That was a choice the school made.

If I had a kid who was a star CB, I would want to send the kid somewhere where he can get great coaching from an experienced winner to prepare him for the next level.

I don't see how anyone can be mad or hate on that, except that yeah it does suck that we root for a school which doesn't want to commit 100 percent to winning

You're directing your anger at the wrong place IMO

Last edited:

I call bullshyt. The kid had all of this time to figure it out. It's clear by his Twitter statements about Richt having offered his BFF while at Geogia but not at Miami that this was a revenge plot to stick it in Miami's face.

Anyone with a modicum of decency, character and integrity would have told our staff days ago that his heart wasn't here. He intentionally trolled us and maliciously lied and hurt many of the people that he built relationships with, including other recruits, their families, etc..

Quit defending the indefensible.

Hold on, which great coach at Tenn do you speak off?

Advertisement

I call bullshyt. The kid had all of this time to figure it out. It's clear by his Twitter statements about Richt having offered his BFF while at Geogia but not at Miami that this was a revenge plot to stick it in Miami's face.

Anyone with a modicum of decency, character and integrity would have told our staff days ago that his heart wasn't here. He intentionally trolled us and maliciously lied and hurt many of the people that he built relationships with, including other recruits, their families, etc..

It's the kid's life, he can choose to go to school wherever he wants. Sucks that he didn't pick to come here, but so be it. No point in being jilted and butt hurt over it.

He's not the only CB we missed on this cycle. Maybe the problem isn't the teenage boy...maybe it's the adults in charge at Mismi who need to do a better job making Miami an attractive choice for recruits

Go **** Yourself.

Advertisement

It's the kid's life, he can choose to go to school wherever he wants. Sucks that he didn't pick to come here, but so be it. No point in being jilted and butt hurt over it.

He's not the only CB we missed on this cycle. Maybe the problem isn't the teenage boy...maybe it's the adults in charge at Mismi who need to do a better job making Miami an attractive choice for recruits

It's absolutely his life and his choice.
What's objectionable is how he handled the situation.
If he was a man about it and did it correctly he would have decommited weeks ago when this all started.
That has nothing to do with the quality of coaches at UM vs ut. Shows more about his quality as a man.

Miami could have ponied up the cash and hired a DC with a better track record, and they could have hired a defensive backs coach with some college experience. That was a choice the school made.

If I had a kid who was a star CB, I would want to send the kid somewhere where he can get great coaching from an experienced winner to prepare him for the next level.

I don't see how anyone can be mad or hate on that, except that yeah it does suck that we root for a school which doesn't want to commit 100 percent to winning

This is the first time in forever that the school seems overtly intent on doing what it takes to win -- and that includes ponying up cash. Diaz and Rumph were Richt's pick, with a reportedly significant budget.

And you just complimented Martinez in another post.

So I declare you, officially, either an idiot or a troll. On most days, I figure you're both.

Skidaddle ***gle.

It's absolutely his life and his choice.
What's objectionable is how he handled the situation.
If he was a man about it and did it correctly he would have decommited weeks ago when this all started.
That has nothing to do with the quality of coaches at UM vs ut. Shows more about his quality as a man.

That may be so, but a teenage boy who doesn't understand the concept of commitment isn't exactly earth shattering. I'd say it's pretty normal.

Kid will grow up in his own time. Meanwhile, just my opinion but he is the one who has to live with his decision, not us.

Advertisement

Martinez is a more proven defensive backs coach than Rumph or Banda, in my own opinion.

The worst performing aspect of the Tenn D has been the Defensive Backs for the last 5 years!! Miami had a better passing D this last season and we know how bad we got spanked in some games????

This is the first time in forever that the school seems overtly intent on doing what it takes to win -- and that includes ponying up cash. Diaz and Rumph were Richt's pick, with a reportedly significant budget.

And you just complimented Martinez in another post.

So I declare you, officially, either an idiot or a troll. On most days, I figure you're both.

Skidaddle ***gle.

I agree they ponied up and hired a great HEAD coach, but I disagree that they ponied up overall. I think they skimped out on the coordinators and position coaches. Richt's staff is very green and unproven, objectively speaking. Especially as it pertains to defensive backs

Martinez is a more proven defensive backs coach than Rumph or Banda, in my own opinion.

The worst performing aspect of the Tenn D has been the Defensive Backs for the last 5 years!! Miami had a better passing D this last season and we know how bad we got spanked in some games????

What about Martinez' other years as a defensive backs coach?

And how does that experience compare to Banda and Rumph at the college level?

Come on dude

Tenn hired a D coordinator that has coached at Penn State, Vandi, William & Mary and Yale! Average resume at best in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back