Final Four vs. UCONN - 4/1 8:49pm EDT on CBS

Advertisement
I would be stunned if Wong returned. I'm just not sure what else he could do next season to increase his value professionally unless he just really wants to return with another chance at a deep run. I'd love it if he did though. Maybe a bigger NIL deal would make him consider it
As ACC player of year, have to assume he gets offered $500K-$1M NIL deal to come back. But even if he goes early/mid 2nd round, he'll likely make more in NBA. He needed to come back this year to improve his 3pt shot and he did just that. So would assume he's gone

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Advertisement
Guys I know everyone wants to get big next season but we literally had to reach the final four to find the one team in the entire country who could punish us for not having a 7 footer.
Don’t need to get big , just need more size for these type matchups. In a perfect world we find a stretch big.

Guys I know everyone wants to get big next season but we literally had to reach the final four to find the one team in the entire country who could punish us for not having a 7 footer.
Idk about that. Drake kid has 20, TJD had 20+ on 70%, Walker and Allen both had 16 on high %’s. The difference was our guards took over and made shots. They didn’t tonight, so it made a much bigger difference and couldn’t overcome the deficit.

Having a reliable big man gives you another scoring option when your shots aren’t falling. IMO it would’ve taken this team to another level.

Advertisement
Bigger, deeper, and every bit as quick, that was the game. UConn stepped up every time we made a run and showed who's boss. No shame, UConn earned it in our best season ever.

Gentleman, it's been one **** of a run this season. Hope it happens again and maybe we win it all.

Yup, every time we could've fully taken the momentum, they ended up going on a mini-run and taking it right back. Credit to them for great defense, key boards, and shotmaking. There were also a bunch of loose balls that were killer, bouncing right to UConn at key times. Just not our night. The stat about missed layups is brutal. UConn forced the tough shots, but I'm used to watching Wong hit those shots in traffic. Tough time to have an off night and UConn is the better team, but still an awesome season in the end.

I really hope we can get 2 good portal players (one big guy) and a guard (there are plenty out there) so we can capitalize on the last 2 seasons. Miami should be a destination for portal guys after what ours have done and NIL.
This. Doubt that we ever get the kids the blue bloods get but portal and NiL changes everything

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think we need like a 7 ft starter. But we absolutely need someone that can take the pressure off Omier and ideally someone who is a bit taller. At the end of the day our biggest guy being 6'7" isn't great. And If Omier is ever in foul trouble or having an off game, we're kinda ****ed. We absolutely need a depth big guy.

Advertisement
Back