Final Four vs. UCONN - 4/1 8:49pm EDT on CBS

Idk about that. Drake kid has 20, TJD had 20+ on 70%, Walker and Allen both had 16 on high %’s. The difference was our guards took over and made shots. They didn’t tonight, so it made a much bigger difference and couldn’t overcome the deficit.

Having a reliable big man gives you another scoring option when your shots aren’t falling. IMO it would’ve taken this team to another level.
That’s fair, but neither of those teams beat us. Drake should’ve, you could argue, but that had as much to do with what we weren’t doing on offense as much as anything. TJD is almost without equal in the country, and he couldn’t come close to beating us by himself.

Im not saying it wouldn’t be nice to have the antidote to the size we encountered tonight, I just don’t think it’s easy to get a guy who can change the game like Uconn’s 2 dudes.

Advertisement
I don't think we need like a 7 ft starter. But we absolutely need someone that can take the pressure off Omier and ideally someone who is a bit taller. At the end of the day our biggest guy being 6'7" isn't great. And If Omier is ever in foul trouble or having an off game, we're kinda ****ed. We absolutely need a depth big guy.
I’m in agreement with this.

Play of game is omier and Joseph fighting for rebound and then doing some three stooges bump into each other while clingan gets a easy score.. After that all momentum lost and we never got close again
That and the blown layup pretty much summarized the entire game. It literally ****ed me off. And what happened to Omier energy at the second half? It’s like he wasn’t even trying to fight for a rebound after that point.

Advertisement
I don't think we need like a 7 ft starter. But we absolutely need someone that can take the pressure off Omier and ideally someone who is a bit taller. At the end of the day our biggest guy being 6'7" isn't great. And If Omier is ever in foul trouble or having an off game, we're kinda ****ed. We absolutely need a depth big guy.

We don't need one, but you take the dude from Michigan if you can get him. 18.5 and 9 with 2 blocks. Shot 42% from 3.

That’s fair, but neither of those teams beat us. Drake should’ve, you could argue, but that had as much to do with what we weren’t doing on offense as much as anything. TJD is almost without equal in the country, and he couldn’t come close to beating us by himself.

Im not saying it wouldn’t be nice to have a the antidote to the size we encountered tonight, I just don’t think it’s easy to get a guy who can change the game like Uconn’s 2 dudes.
You are correct it’s hard to find somebody as good as their two guys. It’s also hard to find someone that fits the offense. If they can’t run it negates what this team does best. But I do think it’s something the team needs to win it all.

At the very least we need a capable backup. Omier is neutered for 20+ minutes a game bc he has no help.

Advertisement
That and the blown layup pretty much summarized the entire game. It literally ****ed me off. And what happened to Omier energy at the second half? It’s like he wasn’t even trying to fight for a rebound after that point.
Think he played the enitre 2nd half or seemed like it. Walker seems like a nice kid but is no bueno and casey aint ready. Had to put it all on Omier who for the first time gor overwhelmed match-up wise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back