Final Class of 2014 Q & A

1. Powell commits to us
2. Was going to be ee transcripts will take a couple of days
3. During this time dalvin cook fla top rb decides to de commit from fla and switch to f$u
3. Fla then offers powell
4. Instantly powell decommits and commits to the gators and enrolls there....

Does this sound like someone you want wearing the orange and green? Does this sound like someone who wanted to be a cane

Wake up !!!:drevil:

Advertisement
1. Powell commits to us
3. During this time dalvin cook fla top rb decides to de commit from fla and switch to f$u

Does this sound like someone you want wearing the orange and green? Does this sound like someone who wanted to be a cane

never thought about it like that... valid points.

1. Powell commits to us

Yes

Big Pete are you Peezy and Csquared getting back together? Also who has more potential Terrance Mamosa or Jakhari...

1. Powell commits to us

The admissions office ****ed up. They needed to get special clearance for a class and should have gotten it weeks in advance. Instead Powell was told he would have to wait and that's when he panicked.

Both sides were at fault. I do believe Powell wanted to be a Cane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thats when he "panicked" :rollcanes:

You cant be serious... Trust me if cook stayed at fla and they didnt offer powell there wouldnt of been any "panic" :stormwarning:

There will be alot of panic next year though when golden has the cuffs off im already :quag: about that class its going to be a whole different tune from the guys i already know that will be on board and the kids i firmly believe will be canes good times are a coming

Thats when he "panicked" :rollcanes:

You cant be serious... Trust me if cook stayed at fla and they didnt offer powell there wouldnt of been any "panic" :stormwarning:

I am serious. Powell may not have gone to Florida if Cook stayed; but the way things went down, he likely would've ended up elsewhere regardless.

88 and posts and you're in the red. Not really even worth a response. Don't know why I'm giving you one.

There's gotta be more we can do, though, jhal.

I don't subscribe to the throwing up hands in the air bc we can't pay them way of thinking.

Like someone else mentioned earlier - support 7on7s more, establish relationships with these handlers, expose their "other" players by showing interest, etc . I'm sure al and staff have had to do some sort of shunning of these characters due to the NCAA mess.

I agree 1000%. Just saying let's not just sit here and say something so nonchalant.

Beau Sandland...what $EC team was he going to sign with but couldn't because of some requirement that UM didn't have?

WTF are you even talking about. Grasp at those straws bro. DMoney just trashed you in his thread so you came whimpering over here to promote your "UM is infallible and perfect and better than Yale and the Yankees combined" nonsense. You'd have thought you'd learn a lesson after you vehemently defended Randy till the end.

I don't remember the specifics, but Sandland came here because he couldn't get into some $EC school for some reason. Look it up.

D$ didn't trash squat. He spouted more BS, like he usually does.

"UM is infallible and perfect and better than Yale and the Yankees combined"???? Who's grasping at straws?

Vehemently defended Randy til the end? Your memory is worse than your porsts, though I readily admit to being late to the fire Randy party.

SEC doesn't accept some sort of online class, a math class I believe. It was a loophole we took advantage of getting Sandland and being heavily involved in at least one other guy IIRC. Might have been Jaelen Strong.

Advertisement
So Yearby had a 'handler'? What was the relationship like between that handler and the staff? Why is the staff apparently able to embrace Yearby's handler, but not others (Genron)? Could it be because Genron publicly bashes Miami every chance he gets?

James Coley

Wouldn't he have established that relationship while at FSU? Just wondering if things would have been different if Coley had been here from the start of Yearby's recruitment.

Pete,

Top 5 players on offense for 2015, top 5 players on defense for 2015... doesnt have to be in any order. ( From West Palm down to Miami)

Gibson
Ridley
Scarlett
Phillips
Peete

Irvin
JaQuan
SBB
Causey
Kilby-Lane

Advertisement
In general do you think illegal benefits actually plays a part in recruiting and if so to what extent do you think it makes a difference?

Of course there are some kids it affects, but it is blown out of proportion IMO.

Advertisement
td: spot on bro, spot on.

it's a massive hypocrisy frankly. It's all about appearances really. If they held the kids to actual standards they wouldn't be able to field a team at all, and wouldn't get to collect the 18 million dollar a year ACC payout b/c theyd be kicked to the curb. At the same time, they are so obsessed with the US News and World report rankings, that they are afraid that the slightly lower scores/grades of 5-10 kids a year that we SHOULD be taking, might ruin their precious climb up one more spot. It's a joke.
This is just not true. It's become what's believed to be true, taken on a life of its own.

How much damage have UM posters been in this recruiting process the past 2 yrs? Be honest Pete! I hear a certain school has torn a new with the coaching staff already about the actions of a lot of shameful posters

The negativity certainly does not help things. It's one thing to be negative and it's another thing to try to go after some coaches jobs (Champagnat).

Maybe too sensitive for a response but, without identifying any individual, which school generated the most behind the scenes rumblings about enticing SoFla recruits/others with cash? Oh, and I don't necessarily mean paying--just being open for business.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back