Final 247sports Composite Rankings - Biggest risers/fallers

These rankings are completely arbitrary & that goes for even the top ranked kids too.

Christian Hackenberg was the #1 ranked QB, 5-star & 13th nationally overall, his rating was a 99.27.

He was an abject bust, his Freshman year he had Bill O'Brien's offense to hide his deficiencies, without Allen Robinson & Jesse James he was absolutely terrible. And Trace McSorley proved that it wasn't James Franklin, because he played far better with less talent around him than Hack had.

The point being, those of you that think rankings are always 100% accurate really don't get they don't actually base a lot of these rankings on anything more than just whatever they've been told by other recruiting scouts.

It's all about camps & high profile kids from high profile schools, it's really all just politics.

There are always going to be busts and hidden gems but the facts don’t lie. Every team that has won a national championship in the past 15 years had at least two top ten classes in the four years prior. I think there may be one outlier but I don’t remember which team it was.
Miami has a top 10 class, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Class rankings & individual player rankings aren't necessarily the same thing. The point being, some people think rankings determine the player & there's a **** tom of evidence to suggest that's not the case for a lot of players.

The ranking sites are mostly political, they're not objective & fans who take their word as the gospel are setting themselves up for failure ultimately.

FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan, Auburn, Texas & USC all routinely have top 10 classes and they rarely win natty's recently. FSU was lucky to win the championship in the last era of the BCS, as soon as they had to endure the playoff they were crushed. Most "teams" that have won a National championship in the last decade is actually one team, Bama.

And Bama has had a top 2 class **** near every recruiting year...with the more 5 star players than any team.

No doubt. But that has as much to do with these services giving higher rankings to guys bans targets as it does bama being able to get the top guys.

3 stars become 5 stars over about a months time once they’re offered and heavily recruited by bama.

Advertisement
These rankings are completely arbitrary & that goes for even the top ranked kids too.

Christian Hackenberg was the #1 ranked QB, 5-star & 13th nationally overall, his rating was a 99.27.

He was an abject bust, his Freshman year he had Bill O'Brien's offense to hide his deficiencies, without Allen Robinson & Jesse James he was absolutely terrible. And Trace McSorley proved that it wasn't James Franklin, because he played far better with less talent around him than Hack had.

The point being, those of you that think rankings are always 100% accurate really don't get they don't actually base a lot of these rankings on anything more than just whatever they've been told by other recruiting scouts.

It's all about camps & high profile kids from high profile schools, it's really all just politics.

There are always going to be busts and hidden gems but the facts don’t lie. Every team that has won a national championship in the past 15 years had at least two top ten classes in the four years prior. I think there may be one outlier but I don’t remember which team it was.

Class rankings & individual player rankings aren't necessarily the same thing. The point being, some people think rankings determine the player & there's a **** tom of evidence to suggest that's not the case for a lot of players.

The ranking sites are mostly political, they're not objective & fans who take their word as the gospel are setting themselves up for failure ultimately.

FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan, Auburn, Texas & USC all routinely have top 10 classes and they rarely win natty's recently. FSU was lucky to win the championship in the last era of the BCS, as soon as they had to endure the playoff they were crushed. Most "teams" that have won a National championship in the last decade is actually one team, Bama.

And Bama has had a top 2 class **** near every recruiting year...with the more 5 star players than any team.

No doubt. But that has as much to do with these services giving higher rankings to guys bans targets as it does bama being able to get the top guys.

3 stars become 5 stars over about a months time once they’re offered and heavily recruited by bama.

Show me these specific instances and I will agree with you. 3 stars to 5 stars in a months time.

Stars don't matter once you get on campus and strap em up. Savages gone eat regardless of the hype. We have a bunch of under ranked beast that are about to feast on cfb. I would rather have future 1st & 2nd rounders(or anywhere in the draft) than overhyped 5*s anyday. Were looking just fine and its only going to get better from here

"overhyped 5 stars" are more likely to be drafted in the first round than other players. Look at last year's draft. There were like ten former 5 star players drafted in the first when there are only 30 or so players that get ranked that highly. The facts state that 5 stars are more likely to be high drafted than a 3 star. Higher floors, higher ceilings.

NFL scouts don't care nothing about how you were ranked coming out of HS if it didnt carry over into your college career. If you produce at high level and standout in a P5 program, 1st or 2nd rounder guaranteed(5* or 2*).

And what he's saying is that 5-stars are more likely to produce at a high level. (thus more likely to be drafted)

He's not saying that NFL scouts care about high school rankings.

Thanks for the clarification but what point is being made in relevance to my post

Show me these specific instances and I will agree with you. 3 stars to 5 stars in a months time.

I would like to see this as well. That rarely ever happens.

Advertisement
Back