Final 247sports Composite Rankings - Biggest risers/fallers

jackbenimble71

Greentree All American and 7th Floor Crew wingman
Purgatory
Figured I'd compose the list of our players for discussion so you don't have to go thru the list:

https://247sports.com/Article/Bigge...e-final-247Sports-Composite-Ranking-114242833

DT Nesta Silvera (Miami) – 109 to 54
QB Jarren Williams (Miami) – 103 to 77
OG Delone Scaife (Miami) – 194 to 148

CB Al Blades Jr. (Miami) 83 to 97
S Gurvan Hall (Miami) – 150 to 184
ATH Marquez Ezzard – 331 to 342
DT Jamarcus Chatman – 505 to 612

**remember the final "composite" is a collection of several ratings agencies...247, rivals, espn, etc

Last edited:
Advertisement
Figured they would give chatman more love now that all these schools are after him

Brevin actually went down from 32 to 33. If he wouldve gone up one instead, he would've had the fifth star.

Advertisement
What ESPN did to Mark Popes rating should be criminal. They are solely responsible with how far he fell. How can The be that far off on his eval vs the other two sites. Ridiculous. Ivey should be higher also.

a net 87 spots higher of the listed, committed players in OP.

the sites hate us.

Advertisement
Brevin actually went down from 32 to 33. If he wouldve gone up one instead, he would've had the fifth star.

The staff there is bitter about Brevin calling them out about that 5th star. Brevin is just going to make them look bad when he's the 1st TE drafted in 3 years.

Advertisement
These rankings are completely arbitrary & that goes for even the top ranked kids too.

Christian Hackenberg was the #1 ranked QB, 5-star & 13th nationally overall, his rating was a 99.27.

He was an abject bust, his Freshman year he had Bill O'Brien's offense to hide his deficiencies, without Allen Robinson & Jesse James he was absolutely terrible. And Trace McSorley proved that it wasn't James Franklin, because he played far better with less talent around him than Hack had.

The point being, those of you that think rankings are always 100% accurate really don't get they don't actually base a lot of these rankings on anything more than just whatever they've been told by other recruiting scouts.

It's all about camps & high profile kids from high profile schools, it's really all just politics.

Advertisement
These rankings are completely arbitrary & that goes for even the top ranked kids too.

Christian Hackenberg was the #1 ranked QB, 5-star & 13th nationally overall, his rating was a 99.27.

He was an abject bust, his Freshman year he had Bill O'Brien's offense to hide his deficiencies, without Allen Robinson & Jesse James he was absolutely terrible. And Trace McSorley proved that it wasn't James Franklin, because he played far better with less talent around him than Hack had.

The point being, those of you that think rankings are always 100% accurate really don't get they don't actually base a lot of these rankings on anything more than just whatever they've been told by other recruiting scouts.

It's all about camps & high profile kids from high profile schools, it's really all just politics.

There are always going to be busts and hidden gems but the facts don’t lie. Every team that has won a national championship in the past 15 years had at least two top ten classes in the four years prior. I think there may be one outlier but I don’t remember which team it was.

There are always going to be busts and hidden gems but the facts don’t lie. Every team that has won a national championship in the past 15 years had at least two top ten classes in the four years prior. I think there may be one outlier but I don’t remember which team it was.

I am still waiting to see my first quote ever along the lines of "rankings are always 100% accurate" like he suggests in his thesis about something nobody actually says.

Advertisement
Back