Final 247 Recruit Rankings

Im usually the poster that tries not to be a homer but fvck that list. Pope and Lingawd are 5 stars, no questions asked. Think a couple of our other guys got shafted. Im fine where they put Nesta Jordan and Blades but where the fvck is Scaife?

Advertisement
so Scaife was the best OL on the field during the all star games and they decided to drop him out of the Top 247 completely...

This is the one that stood out the most to me too. Not surprised they dropped our highest ranked recruits. Not surprised they moved Nesta up. Hard to deny he deserved it. Not surprised they moved Brevin up after Barton Simmons was called out over his height comment. But Scaife? There is no justifying a drop of any kind. Every recruiting service has been unanimous in their praise. Even them. Thats the one I think deserves an answer.

Last edited:
These rankings always favor Bama commits more than any other school!! F' rankings, lets get our players on the field where they can showcase their talent and the world will see who is the better player..

These rankings always favor Bama commits more than any other school!! F' rankings, lets get our players on the field where they can showcase their talent and the world will see who is the better player..

Bama has won 5 titles in the last 9 years. Don't you think- maybe, just maybe- the recruiting services have been getting it generally right?

*** ATTENTION MIAMI FANS***

As a fan please don't think Miami commits will ever get love from these rankings, believe me IF a commit gets a bump we will see at least 2 go down!! A commit can be a 2 star BUT if the player commits to Bama, they will eventually finish a 4 star.. Miami recruits are always respected on these ranking sites!!

Advertisement

Bama has won 5 titles in the last 9 years. Don't you think- maybe, just maybe- the recruiting services have been getting it generally right?

I wouldn't say that, because majority of Bama studs don't pan out after leaving Saban's system!! I mean it's hard not to look good on a team full of studs, and the ones that's really not all that good look good as well!! I see too many Bama players get drafted and disappear after a few years, SO NO IT'S NOT THE RANKINGS, it's just in Saban's system his player flourish..

I wouldn't say that, because majority of Bama studs don't pan out after leaving Saban's system!! I mean it's hard not to look good on a team full of studs, and the ones that's really not all that good look good as well!! I see too many Bama players get drafted and disappear after a few years, SO NO IT'S NOT THE RANKINGS, it's just in Saban's system his player flourish..
can you refine what you posted to how it has anything to do with projecting high school prospects for future success at the college level? Is it true or false that the players that Saban identifies as a priority are generally the most successful, in terms of personal and team accomplishment at the next level?

I watched tons of reps at the army practices.

While josh belk is good their isn’t any planet by which he is better right now than Nesta Silvera.

Who gives a **** at this point. We got most of our guys in already. Those rankings are completely irrelevant at this stage of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Still think the staff needs to do better OOS.....mixed high rated OOS guys with sfla guys and we rollin
Brevin Jordan
Brian Hightower
Jarren Williams
Are **** near 3 top 100 talent and they are from out of state

Who gives a **** at this point. We got most of our guys in already. Those rankings are completely irrelevant at this stage of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With you on this, rankings don't mean **** once that inked has dried. We know that we absolutely signed some stud playmakers and are in the game for a few more.

The 247 rankings are horrible for our guys. A ton of 4 stars in the composite ranking, but 3 stars according to 247. For example Reed and Mallory, which apparently have over 500 recruits ranked higher. And Davis which apparently has over 400 recruits ranked higher.

The idea that any or all of the services "are horrible for our guys" is a ridiculous take. Every fanbase thinks their players are undervalued. Yeah, there are fair gripes (Mallory, for example), but overall, they rate on who they see and ultimately, how hard they push for said players in their meetings. There isn't any conspiracy against us, despite what anyone on this board wants you to believe.

It not really a bias to our fan base, but most of those services lean toward rating guys higher based on subscriptions for said fan base. Miami doesn't have the amount of subscribers that those other places do.

Moving guys up or down these lists has less to do with the recruit's ability and more to do with getting clicks and subscribers.

Advertisement
The 247 rankings are horrible for our guys. A ton of 4 stars in the composite ranking, but 3 stars according to 247. For example Reed and Mallory, which apparently have over 500 recruits ranked higher. And Davis which apparently has over 400 recruits ranked higher.

The idea that any or all of the services "are horrible for our guys" is a ridiculous take. Every fanbase thinks their players are undervalued. Yeah, there are fair gripes (Mallory, for example), but overall, they rate on who they see and ultimately, how hard they push for said players in their meetings. There isn't any conspiracy against us, despite what anyone on this board wants you to believe.

It not really a bias to our fan base, but most of those services lean toward rating guys higher based on subscriptions for said fan base. Miami doesn't have the amount of subscribers that those other places do.

I've seen this logic and it's dumb every time. If the goal was to rank players in such a way that would encourage new subscribers, you'd want to target the fan bases where subscriptions are lower because that's your greatest opportunity. You're not maximizing the potential for the highest number of new subscribers if your target customer is the same fan base over and over. Everything in life isn't binary, but it's easier (for some) to think in those terms because they want to serve a conjured narrative that sounds fun. Spoiler: There is no outright bias for any team in a way that's meaningful by any service.

I've seen this logic and it's dumb every time. If the goal was to rank players in such a way that would encourage new subscribers, you'd want to target the fan bases where subscriptions are lower because that's your greatest opportunity. You're not maximizing the potential for the highest number of new subscribers if your target customer is the same fan base over and over. Everything in life isn't binary, but it's easier (for some) to think in those terms because they want to serve a conjured narrative that sounds fun. Spoiler: There is no outright bias for any team in a way that's meaningful by any service.

Ha ha ok. Which service do you work for? I've seen it many times over the years. Kid gets bumped once he receives an offer from a certain school. Which if they were actually evaluating players they would just bump a kid after he gets an offer.

Advertisement

Ha ha ok. Which service do you work for? I've seen it many times over the years. Kid gets bumped once he receives an offer from a certain school. Which if they were actually evaluating players they would just bump a kid after he gets an offer.

Look, if a kid is a 2* early, then saban offers him wouldn't you want to reevaluate? Is it likely that saban is that wrong about a kid, or that the ratings people maybe overlooked a kid? saban's the fcking devil, but he's pretty good at judging talent so when he thinks highly of a kid and you don't, guess who I'm going with?

Now, maybe they get the bump without a reevaluation- maybe the services just assume the kid is better than they first thought, but they're probably right more often than not.

247 has just about 8,000 high school recruits listed for 2018. You've gone and analyzed everyone of their offers such that you can definitively conclude every kid who gets an offer from School A gets a bump and every kid who commits to School B gets dropped immediately thereafter? Have you published this analysis? Would probably drive a deeper discussion on what's actually happening. Can you link it? Can't wait to read and examine your data.

Or, and I'm just spitballin' here, maybe there are a few cases you've followed where that appears to be the case. But, when dealing with the totality of every recruit, what you feel happens and what actually happens very often differs when you review the facts.

Look, if a kid is a 2* early, then saban offers him wouldn't you want to reevaluate? Is it likely that saban is that wrong about a kid, or that the ratings people maybe overlooked a kid? saban's the fcking devil, but he's pretty good at judging talent so when he thinks highly of a kid and you don't, guess who I'm going with?

Now, maybe they get the bump without a reevaluation- maybe the services just assume the kid is better than they first thought, but they're probably right more often than not.

That's my point. If Saban offers then kid gets an immediate bump. Where was the evaluation? I would understand if the re-evaluate a kid after getting an offer, but not just because he got an offer. The rankings are nice and all but none of the services are worth much in my book.

I watched tons of reps at the army practices.

While josh belk is good their isn’t any planet by which he is better right now than Nesta Silvera.

Did you get a chance to see the ambassador? If so, how did he look? Quite honestly, Cook stole the game from all the RBS. Maybe that's why he is not a 5 now?

Advertisement
Back