Film Review of VT Game

Advertisement
I appreciate your work. And to be honest I appreciate how you notice the little details. I spend a good portion of the game watching Shaq in tunnel vision mode I notice all the little things ie did he plug/ did he get washed etc in my opinion alot of Shaq best plays go unnoticed because it doesn't have a direct effect on the play someone else get the sack or tackle so I really appreciate when someone else notice. Shaq sometimes take heat here on Cane insight thats okay I can take the good with the bad. I'm ranked around 11th as his biggest fan mom sisters and brothers are ahead of me but I'm his biggest critic so I watch the game for needed material but I'm pleased that there is just a little material each week the one thing I don't like is often time he takes his eyes off the ball when taking on blocks he tells me he some times feel the OL coming to knock his block off and it is hard not to give then your undivided attention but again I appreciate your attention to detail and noticing the little things

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I appreciate your work. And to be honest I appreciate how you notice the little details. I spend a good portion of the game watching Shaq in tunnel vision mode I notice all the little things ie did he plug/ did he get washed etc in my opinion alot of Shaq best plays go unnoticed because it doesn't have a direct effect on the play someone else get the sack or tackle so I really appreciate when someone else notice. Shaq sometimes take heat here on Cane insight thats okay I can take the good with the bad. I'm ranked around 11th as his biggest fan mom sisters and brothers are ahead of me but I'm his biggest critic so I watch the game for needed material but I'm pleased that there is just a little material each week the one thing I don't like is often time he takes his eyes off the ball when taking on blocks he tells me he some times feel the OL coming to knock his block off and it is hard not to give then your undivided attention but again I appreciate your attention to detail and noticing the little things

on Jaquan Johnson's INT I noticed Shaq just leveled their RB out near the flat on his way to the QB. It was his way of making sure he wouldnt be a threat as a reciever as Jackson continued to roll out. Thought that was a real high IQ, physical football play

on Jaquan Johnson's INT I noticed Shaq just leveled their RB out near the flat on his way to the QB. It was his way of making sure he wouldnt be a threat as a reciever as Jackson continued to roll out. Thought that was a real high IQ, physical football play
Yes... and dude made the tackle from the ground... go figure

Yes... and dude made the tackle from the ground... go figure

LOL, so Jaquan got Dee Delaney'd....

Advertisement
Vision, great work, as always. Thank you.

There's something going on with our DE rotations that may play a large role, if not be an outright issue, this weekend. I was waiting for your review to see if you expounded on it. I'll make a thread about it later today when I get out of conference stuff.

There's something going on with our DE rotations that may play a large role, if not be an outright issue, this weekend. I was waiting for your review to see if you expounded on it. I'll make a thread about it later today when I get out of conference stuff.

This one is all you my friend. We are going to miss D Jax against ND as I believe J Jackson and Garvin are both much better against the pass.

awesome stuff as always, vision. the one thing these breakdowns highlight is how often an offense might have a big play against us but it's shut down by an outstanding individual play by one defender.

on another topic--i thought deejay dallas was really impressive in this game. i was unsure about his athleticism translating, but he has incredible feet. i remember reading thomas brown saying that one hesitation to putting him on the field more was his pass blocking. i think they're pushing him out there partly bcuz richt seems intent on getting as many of our best athletes on the field at once as he can (hence thomas being moved outside), but i also noticed this crushing pass block on third down, on the play where ahmmon fumbled. deejay slid across rosier and just destroyed the free blindside rusher. i think he's gonna see the field a ton against ND--another expansion for this offense is putting him and homer in the backfield at the same time. i wouldn't be surprised to see it this week.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 1.45.40 PM.jpg

This one is all you my friend. We are going to miss D Jax against ND as I believe J Jackson and Garvin are both much better against the pass.

Totally agree with both of you. Most fans are enamored with garvin and dj as the shiny new toys. They think losing dem Jackson ain't a big deal. But we are going to really feel this loss- in a close game, Jackson could be the difference between a big 3rd down stop and losing the game.

I am worried af. People expecting a repeat of vt are in for a rude awakening.
The sole reason our defense has been as tough as it has despite playing 100 plays per game is our unbelievable rotation at dl.

Advertisement

poppa shaq lemme know if you're down for a few beers sometime watching them canes play, we only live about 15 miles away ( i'm just south of green cove )

tired of being surrounded by ***ing gators

This is very kind of you to say. Thank you

It is always a goal of mine to be fair when I do these. I also try to be cognizant of the fact that someone’s mother, brother, sister...or father might be reading it.

It’s such a cool treat that we get to have you and your experiences posted on this board. I can’t imagine how proud you must be of your son (and all your children).

Hat tip to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppa shaq lemme know if you're down for a few beers sometime watching them canes play, we only live about 15 miles away ( i'm just south of green cove )

Well at least they are a little quiet these days. I would prefer watching the game on TV but my wife won't let us miss a game in the stadium... Was late to his Pop Warner Jamboree when he was 7 and vowed not to be late or miss a game... So I'm on the road for game but we don't has to let that stop us from slamming a few back

Well at least they are a little quiet these days. I would prefer watching the game on TV but my wife won't let us miss a game in the stadium... Was late to his Pop Warner Jamboree when he was 7 and vowed not to be late or miss a game... So I'm on the road for game but we don't has to let that stop us from slamming a few back

cool with me, shoot me a private message and let me know

Advertisement

go-on-gif-4.gif

Shaq did this multiple times taking the rb out behind the LOS on screens or flat routes.

Very heady play by #55 .

Thank you for the effort but I don't have that kind of attention span.
I have been screaming for some motion from our offense so I was thrilled to see the very little we got against VT. I can only hope coach is saving it as IMO we need to present more challenges for the better teams will will now face post season. ND is not a major priority for me. Winning the Coastal is a tremendous accomplishment for everyone involved. If we continue to improve the last 3 games like we did last year we IMO have a legit chance to win the ACC. Further than that IMO is not realistic but would be great to try.

On offense this week. Spread the ball around. Herdon,Langford,Hardy,Cager are all under the radar (maybe not 23) capable players. Get them the ball. No more trick plays please. I love the fact that we can now finally run some screens.

On defense. Have to find a way to jam the middle early. make them run outside into our strength. Tough task. Gotta be done or we lose

You don't know what you are talking about, don't know the names of our players, don't have the brains or the willingness to have it explained to you, and then you nevertheless have the temerity to come on here in this thread and try to tell HurricaneVision and his football junkie disciples that we should listen to your ill-informed crackpot notions of what one of the winningest coaches in all of college football should do better...

Did I get that all about right?

Good day sir. I SAID good day.

GTFOHASTFU

Last edited:
Advertisement
On those qb slide plays richt noted how our qb hardest hits have been on slides. Said we might switch it up because u give up yards to be protected but refs aren't calling it. I think they give rosier green light to dive head first on select plays like the one near the goal line.

I was thinking same when reading [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] write up. I am probably about 1/3 through, so maybe he touches on it later, but was surprised he didn't address it on the play pictured below. Pretty sure Rosier got creamed on this play, even though he clearly gave himself up with a LOT of time for the defenders to avoid contact.

Richt is right, if the officials aren't going to protect our players, dude has no choice but to slide head first and take other means of staying alive.

29.jpg

As always, thanks for the work. Also, for your listening pleasure...

(He mentions Miami and 2 Live Crew in the first 10 seconds, so there's that)

[video=youtube;bicN4ryVQSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bicN4ryVQSI[/video]

Advertisement
Back