Film Review of Syracuse Game

Thank you, Vision but wasn't it a little late this week? Come-on with the money we are paying you hit the deadline, man. Just kidding. Great stuff, I'll have to finish reading it tonight.

Yeah, it actually was a little later this week. My son is sick and that has cut into my time to write at night after they go to bed, because he is up later coughing.

That and Syracuse's freaking offense runs a play every five seconds. Took forever to cut it down.

I think I heard somewhere that the official count was 97 plays they ran. WOW!

Advertisement
Excellent job. Amazing amount of work.

Not that you would put in anywhere near the amount of this work, but it would be interesting to see any insights you might have on Notre Dame or Virginia tech coming up. Kind of a short version of the analysis you do for the canes. Obviously, you can’t do this post’s type of analysis for two different teams - just too much work. But an overview might actually be helpful to see what we can expect. Again, just wishful thinking, I know that’s a big ask.

Also, I’m not trying to be that guy, but next time, just break it up into two posts. Problem solved.

Not that you would put in anywhere near the amount of this work, but it would be interesting to see any insights you might have on Notre Dame or Virginia tech coming up. Kind of a short version of the analysis you do for the canes. Obviously, you can’t do this post’s type of analysis for two different teams - just too much work. But an overview might actually be helpful to see what we can expect. Again, just wishful thinking, I know that’s a big ask.

Also, I’m not trying to be that guy, but next time, just break it up into two posts. Problem solved.

Here's the thing, it takes a LOT of work to post these. It's honestly my least favorite part of doing them. I have to load the photos one at a time and then wait for the website to return whether it works or not.

There has been a lot of feedback to make multiple posts, but to be honest, I just don't want to do more than one. By the time I get it all loaded I'm ready for a nap. It's the same amount of content, sure, but then I have to decide where to break it up to make sense etc.

The comment about the characters was really just a "hmmmm, didn't know that" type of comment.

Thank you, Vision but wasn't it a little late this week? Come-on with the money we are paying you hit the deadline, man. Just kidding. Great stuff, I'll have to finish reading it tonight.

Yeah, it actually was a little later this week. My son is sick and that has cut into my time to write at night after they go to bed, because he is up later coughing.

That and Syracuse's freaking offense runs a play every five seconds. Took forever to cut it down.

Hope the boy is okay. When our 4 were kids, cough syrup use to work great. Codeine knock they crap out of the cough and the alcohol put the little creatures to sleep for the night. Ah, the good old days.

HurricaneVision,

Why do you think we struggle with red zone offense? In my opinion, it has to do with not being dominate in the trenches. Our lines still seems to struggle to play as a cohesive group. 7 times out of 10 there seems to be a communication issue, bad technique, or just whiffing on a block. Thoughts?

Advertisement

Here's the thing, it takes a LOT of work to post these. It's honestly my least favorite part of doing them. I have to load the photos one at a time and then wait for the website to return whether it works or not.

There has been a lot of feedback to make multiple posts, but to be honest, I just don't want to do more than one. By the time I get it all loaded I'm ready for a nap. It's the same amount of content, sure, but then I have to decide where to break it up to make sense etc.

The comment about the characters was really just a "hmmmm, didn't know that" type of comment.

Well, I appreciate what you do.

Not knowing what it takes to do this kind of work, I lack knowledge of the actual process, I just know you put in a shītload of work.

So I was just supplying a simplistic solution based on my limited knowledge.

In any event, it’s much appreciated and thanks for putting in all that work.

You’ve more than earned all the kudos and Twitter follows this board can provide.

Might be easier to post to a separate source/website/blog that has a more streamlined process for uploading pics and just post the link.

if we have trouble defending inverted veer & similar runs, VT and ND will really put us to the test

Might be easier to post to a separate source/website/blog that has a more streamlined process for uploading pics and just post the link.

Oh, it would definitely be easier to do that. But, part of the point of all this is to get clicks and page views for the Canesinsight site. That's how they keep the lights on.

Advertisement
Good ****.

I'm hoping that Perry, Smith, and Knowles were ONLY in because of how many plays Syracuse runs and nothing else. If it was up to me those 3, Knowles especially, would straight up not play. Smith, though he missed some plays, is a major upgrade over knowles. Perry and Smith are both trash.

trajan bandy nearly outsnapped perry, mike smith, mccloud, and knowles combined (56 to 60) https://twitter.com/dgould151/status/923229923338174464

i'm not sure what else you want. when the other team runs 100 plays you're gonna have to throw guys out there.

Appreciate the hard work [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION]. Might be the best Twitter follow in awhile since it alerted me to when this was posted.

Great writeup. I wish you would've showed the second and goal on our first possession – the left side of the OL got a great push and Homer missed the lane and ran straight into a pile. Would've been a good visual image showing that we do have the ability to get some push down there.

if we have trouble defending inverted veer & similar runs, VT and ND will really put us to the test

Norte Dame is gonna run wild on our defense. We aren't built to stop that attack imo. Gonna have to outscore then and force fumbles, special teams scored, etc.

VT I'm a little less worried about because they don't have the OL or RBs that ND has. I think ND is a top 5 team right now.

Advertisement
Great writeup. I wish you would've showed the second and goal on our first possession – the left side of the OL got a great push and Homer missed the lane and ran straight into a pile. Would've been a good visual image showing that we do have the ability to get some push down there.

I am absolutely sure I miss some things when I do these. I’ll look at that play and see what I see.

Homer has missed some holes on inside runs in the red zone, without a doubt. It was GT I think where I showed him missing a cut off tackle as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] thank you as always. This paints a much clearer picture of the outcomes-- good, bad but seldom indifferent.

I have my opinion, but I am curious to here what you think first.

In terms of Richt as the OC, where are you on the scale of, "Richt got this" through "Richt is woefully inept and we need an elite OC, like yesterday"?

This board is all over the place, with most falling toward the latter half, IMO.

I disagree with this notion that ND will run all over us. They are one dimensional, and I do not believe we will be beaten by any team that cannot play balanced football.

Advertisement

Norte Dame is gonna run wild on our defense. We aren't built to stop that attack imo. Gonna have to outscore then and force fumbles, special teams scored, etc.

VT I'm a little less worried about because they don't have the OL or RBs that ND has. I think ND is a top 5 team right now.

Notre dame can't throw the ball. You stop Adams and you stop their offense.

i agree about ND. it looks like a really bad match up for us on paper though i trust manny to have our guys prepared.

VT i'm also less worried about but fuente is a really good coach and will pick at our weaknesses on defense. we have better players up and down the roster though so i tend to think that will win out for us.

Notre dame can't throw the ball. You stop Adams and you stop their offense.

If Notre Lame's QB goes 9-19 against us like he did last week, we're going to win and it's not going to be close. Manny has flaws like any other coach, but if you're a one trick pony and he has a full week to game plan you, he's going to take that trick out of your bag. Case in point:

Eric Dungy (ACC Leading Passer) vs. Miami - 13 for 41, 137 yds, 4 INT's, 0 TD, 43 QBR.

Advertisement
Back