Figs Big Collision

That's very tough to watch. They both probably got concussed.

Eventually (for players own good) all helmet to helmet hits are gonna be banned. Too many Junior Seaus and Mike Websters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And now you know why the NFL will do away with the kickoff and the college game will follow suit. These guys are just too big and too fast for this anymore.

gonna be honest, i didn't like seeing that one bit.

Why? He is a freshman, took a slightly bad angle and didn't put his shoulders correct. It happens to everyone. Obviously you've never played football before, everyone gets laid out at one point or another. It happens. Now they can show him how to do it correctly and I bet he will so he doesn't get his **** knocked down like that again.

my comment has nothing to do with his angle or his age you ******* moron. it is clear head trauma and reentry into the game. notice the stumble when he gets up? both players should have had their helmets taken for the rest of the game.

this is coming from someone who suffered numerous head injuries throughout my football days, and isn't oblivious to a 9 figure lawsuit that just occurred as a result of it not being handled appropriately. I guess ill know where the young man brain trauma fan club is next time im looking to cheer for developmental issues.

Gator put his head down.....def a violent hit regardless but that def hurt both of them by droppin the head.

Why? He is a freshman, took a slightly bad angle and didn't put his shoulders correct. It happens to everyone. Obviously you've never played football before, everyone gets laid out at one point or another. It happens. Now they can show him how to do it correctly and I bet he will so he doesn't get his **** knocked down like that again.

Yawn

Advertisement
As far as the play goes, I can't ******* believe they both kept going, albeit staggering.

That's usually a lights out collision.

#28 is Jeremi Powell. Isn't he the kid who decommitted from Uf and looked like he would be coming to Miami for a minute?

my comment has nothing to do with his angle or his age you ****ing moron. it is clear head trauma and reentry into the game. notice the stumble when he gets up? both players should have had their helmets taken for the rest of the game.

this is coming from someone who suffered numerous head injuries throughout my football days, and isn't oblivious to a 9 figure lawsuit that just occurred as a result of it not being handled appropriately. I guess ill know where the young man brain trauma fan club is next time im looking to cheer for developmental issues.

Obviously you have been hit in the head too many times "****ing moron". Maybe I didn't get what you were saying or misread (was working doing other stuff), doesn't make me a *********** moron. Typical Internet Superstar. My bad geez, We are all Canes fans here, no reason to resort to sh*t like that.

It was Figs fault is what I was trying to get at, not minimize the injury or possible injury. I don't want either player hurt and I would want them held out obviously. He didn't have the hit and his inexperience caused him to almost get really hurt. He didn't approach the play correctly, which you should know since you have so much experience with your "multiple football injuries". He tried to "lay the wood" and take this guy out when he shouldn't have, he didn't have the play. The other guy is at fault too obviously but my concern is how our players approach the play because if he does the right thing he doesn't get hurt regardless of what the other player does. My point is that it starts with him and now they have a play to show him what not to do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think either one is at fault. They're just playing football. **** happens. When they both lowered their pad level they ended up meeting heads.

Personally, I think it's a thing of beauty and I got a chubby watching it. I used to love doin that **** (still love it) and have suffered the same fate twice in my career. (the second time was last year) Laughed it off and kept playing.

However, I don't condone letting the kids play after such a collision. Training staff needs to pay attention to the behavior and body language of players while they're on the field, especially after kick-offs.

normally I don't care and I like the excitement of hard hits. But I care about this team and I rather take a loss vs having someone like Figatron who worked so hard get a head injury

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol @ Figs being wobbly...then coming back too...and getting amped about the kid being laid out...

Golden told u in camp that kid has no BACK DOWN...and loves physicality and hitting...it showed there.....look at the difference of the two in the hit..and i think Figs got hit harder but dude is just crazy.....

umm like someone said in film session it will be laughs for awhile....Figs gets up and is in full block mode...like he is setting up the wedge....then parlays it into a WWE circle run like he just killed a guy.....classic!@ For some reason i think he was saying...'WORLDSTAR"

lol @ Figs being wobbly...then coming back too...and getting amped about the kid being laid out...

Golden told u in camp that kid has no BACK DOWN...and loves physicality and hitting...it showed there.....look at the difference of the two in the hit..and i think Figs got hit harder but dude is just crazy.....

umm like someone said in film session it will be laughs for awhile....Figs gets up and is in full block mode...like he is setting up the wedge....then parlays it into a WWE circle run like he just killed a guy.....classic!@ For some reason i think he was saying...'WORLDSTAR"

I was laughing at the same ****. Was gonna mention it but didn't think anybody noticed. Dude was hyped after he came to. LOL

Advertisement
Back