Rumor Field staying as TE coach?

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon
I’m not dying in a hill for none of these cats. Just seems like we pick and choose who to absolve from the slimyness and who to crucify🤷🏿‍♂️. Carry on..

Advertisement
I’m not dying in a hill for none of these cats. Just seems like we pick and choose who to absolve from the slimyness and who to crucify🤷🏿‍♂️. Carry on..
Yea this is how I feel.

But I also don't care enough to think about it anymore. If you guys say he's so cringy that it overules his recruiting success and coaching success....ill take your word for it.

I continue to be of the belief that Field would be the TE coach by now if he was going to be the TE coach. Not saying that Mario can't and won't reverse course if he doesn't find an upgrade but it makes for an odd dynamic for all parties if all this time goes by and then he ultimately retains the job.

Advertisement
I continue to be of the belief that Field would be the TE coach by now if he was going to be the TE coach. Not saying that Mario can't and won't reverse course if he doesn't find an upgrade but it makes for an odd dynamic for all parties if all this time goes by and then he ultimately retains the job.
It's odd either way, IMO. He has little to no chance of getting an on-field job anywhere else if he's ultimately let go. Mario has asked him to kind of function as the TEs coach for the last few months already.

I think I remember hearing that his opportunities to move into and off-field roll with Miami are somewhat limited too, but I'm foggy on the details of that off the top of my head. If my admittedly foggy memory on that is correct then he's likely to land somewhere else in an off-field capacity if he isn't named the Miami TEs coach.

Brewster is corny. Still, he is the only guy in the world who can say he coached Antonio Gates and Kyle Pitts. Add those two names to Miami’s legacy of Tight ends and we’d be at a great starting point for any TE recruit.

Obviously Miami has done very well at TE and he is not a need. Obviously just because he was the TE coach for those guys does not mean he has magical TE sauce.

Advertisement
My thoughts exactly. Hartley makes sense with the hires we've seen the past couple of weeks. Hartley has gotten top TEs to come to Georgia from California & Vegas.

Imagine Hartley as TE coach and teaming WITH Field in recruiting. No other team would have a shot. That combo would be incredible.

Make it happen Mario!

Also, we need a special teams coach. Give Hartley ST coodinator title and $250-$350k more than UGa is offering. Bring him back!

Also, we need a special teams coach. Give Hartley ST coodinator title and $250-$350k more than UGa is offering. Bring him back!
Special teams weren’t very good under Hartley.

If he does come back, I would anticipate he’d share the duties with Dennis Smith.

Advertisement
Special teams weren’t very good under Hartley.

If he does come back, I would anticipate he’d share the duties with Dennis Smith.
Hartley made things complicated on special teams, i agree.

Lou and Clay are Hartley commits. Believe he was talking with Andy and may have been the one who offered Andy. My timing may be off with Andy. Dont shoot me.

Mario just needs to say keep it simple.

Kick it to the end zone. No returns. None of the other crap. Use simple formations like UGa. Pro style punt.

Also, Patke was Special Teams but really it was Danny Kalter who handled day to day. Let Hartley oversee Kalter. Kalter was Hartley’s GA before he left for UGa. They have a great relationship. It would be an easy transition.

Was Dennis Smith good at La Tech with Special Teams? I dont really know much about him or his abilities. Just know we need a coordinator and Hartley would earn the title (IMO)

Advertisement
Back