FG vs going for it

AT THE TIME did you

• Approve of short FG

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • Wanted to go for it on 4th and Goal

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I agreed with it. Momentum was all wrong at the moment. Stopped short two TDs called back then a penalty. We didn’t have the advantage of tempo and we were going backwards.

Also, you have to consider that we were moving the ball at will all game. If it was last year with a struggling offense, you go for it because you may not get a chance again.

Andre Ware is worse as an announcer than he was as quarterback for the Lions.
How many times did that ****** call Harley "Heartly"?

It was painfully obvious neither of those ******* imbecile announcers had seen Miami play this year.

Advertisement
The momentum was totally against us after the BS review and the false start call. It was a smart move because of that. As well as our offense was clicking, I don't think we get the TD there after those two gut wrenching plays

Advertisement
Ok, I know this is asking a lot, but I’d like to get an honest opinion from the board.

Personally, I thought it was a soft move. You need to go for it. At that point, they had gotten 2(!!!) defensive stops ALL GAME
He took the points like the NFL. In the end it was the right call and during the game I texted a friend and told him it was the right call. Manny is very analytical and right there it says take the points every single time

I'd take a near-100% guaranteed 3 points with Jose B.

If this was last year with our kicking nightmares, I'd go for the TD.

take the easy points. 4th and 5 or 6 is not an easy get...but the kicker is automatic.

I wanted him to go for it but glad it worked out. Was worried about our defense with how easily NCST moved the ball on us.

Advertisement
With almost 7 minutes in the game??? You go for the points!! Had it been under 4... then maybe go for it. That was the best move as you seen the outcome.

Fourth and inches, our predictable inside handoff has a good chance of working. Fourth and 5, our predictable inside handoff has close to zero chance of working. Get the points.

Advertisement
I agreed with it and have the in game post to prove it. The D was turning it up despite how ugly it had been. They scored on a return. I thought get a stop and score was the right play.

I didn’t like it because we still had to score a TD since it only cut the lead to 4. We hadn’t stopped them so there was no guarantee we get the ball back without giving up points. Worst case is they get the ball at the 5 and we get a chance at better field position. It didn’t seem right but it worked out

He went for it twice and got it both times. The first time the replay booth stole it from us, the second time was a false start that pushed them back to the 6. It's not a soft move. It's a smart move. Don't be a hypocrite. You know had they have gone for it and failed you would have been "He should have kicked a field goal fire Manny."

What’s interesting is it clearly was a tough call from the 6 yard line. What if it was at the 4 yard line? Or the 2? Clearly, that changes the calculus, but you don’t have the time to run through all the permutations between plays. You have to just have a firm plan before the game that if it’s less than 3 yards or some magic number, you go for it.

Advertisement
Back