FG vs going for it

AT THE TIME did you

• Approve of short FG

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • Wanted to go for it on 4th and Goal

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I didn’t like it because we still had to score a TD since it only cut the lead to 4. We hadn’t stopped them so there was no guarantee we get the ball back without giving up points. Worst case is they get the ball at the 5 and we get a chance at better field position. It didn’t seem right but it worked out
This is my line of thinking 100%

Manny knew his Defense had figured something out. Or maybe he knew since he was calling the D they would get it back. Great call.

Advertisement
It was a big gamble given how poorly the D played up to that point. He was relying on them forcing a punt, which they had only done once the entire game. I thought it was the wrong call at the time, I wanted 7. But, it paid off in the end.

He went for it twice and got it both times. The first time the replay booth stole it from us, the second time was a false start that pushed them back to the 6. It's not a soft move. It's a smart move. Don't be a hypocrite. You know had they have gone for it and failed you would have been "He should have kicked a field goal fire Manny."
Absolutely not. I said it in the game thread that it was the wrong decision and I stand by it. I’m glad it worked but I still don’t like the call

I mentioned this earlier but the numbers say always take the points in that situation. FG was the correct call, especially with our kicker.

Advertisement
If you’re going by the book/analytics, it’s the wrong move. It worked the same way staying on 15 when the dealer is showing 10 might work in BlackJack.

Absolutely not. I said it in the game thread that it was the wrong decision and I stand by it. I’m glad it worked but I still don’t like the call
I hear you, but with Sr. Borregales and his surefire leg, you go for the the automatic points tell the defense to stop step the f*** up and get the ball back to #1.

After the BS review costing us a TD, and a BS call backing us up, I didn't mind the FG. I was far more upset at the officials there than Manny. Oh there was plenty else to be upset about, but not that.

People bash our D, but they only gave up ONE TD in the second half. They were playing better as the game went on. The return just made it seem worse than it was. But man was that D bad for the first 40 minutes or so.

Advertisement
Back