AT THE TIME did you

• Approve of short FG

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • Wanted to go for it on 4th and Goal

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters

MichiCANE

Here for porsts. Still captain of the Lane Train 🚂
Ok, I know this is asking a lot, but I’d like to get an honest opinion from the board.

Personally, I thought it was a soft move. You need to go for it. At that point, they had gotten 2(!!!) defensive stops ALL GAME

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go for it. You need a TD. 4th and 5 is better than down by 4 and not knowing if you get the back ball or what the score is when you get the ball back. If Miami doesn’t get the TD there, NCState has the ball at least on their own 5 yard line.

Again, just my opinion, but if that would’ve worked our wrong, this board would be on fire and people would rightly be calling for Manny’s head

Advertisement
At first I thought maaaan our defense has played ***, you better go for it. But then as the fg was made it hit me that Manny just made the smartest decision of the season. 2 tds got called back. It just wasn't meant for us to score and I'm thankful Manny realized that.

Advertisement
Ok, I know this is asking a lot, but I’d like to get an honest opinion from the board.

Personally, I thought it was a soft move. You need to go for it. At that point, they had gotten 2(!!!) defensive stops ALL GAME
Logically, I was for it. There was 6 minutes left...that's enough time to stop them and get the ball back with meaningful gameclock....even allowing NC State a first down.

In my heart I wanted them to go for it, especially after we scored twice and had it taken away.

The way that sequence was going I don't think we would have scored a TD, you take the 3 points, if you can't get the ball back you're not winning either way

Advertisement
You need a FG and TD to win. The order in which you get it does not matter. Now, I will say that from the 1 foot line you go for the TD. But once the refs Fvcked us on blowing the TD dead and then the false start, you take the 3 points. If you get stopped on 4th down the game is essentially over because it's a gigantic momentum swing.

I thought to myself, “what would Bill Belichick do?” and I genuinely believe he would have gone for it. Obviously just conjecture, but I thought worst case you pin them down at the 5.

Advertisement
Back