Few thoughts from a golden cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why would you only play 9? What is it mini golf?
The fact that he was able to get 9 holes today was lucky AF
IMG_3803.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Quick 9 at Granada this morning with my buddy who's been a golden cane for several years. He's not a big fish like Mas but loves the recruiting aspect of CFB and is involved in NIL. Was able to pick his brain. Forgive me if this is all redundant information as I don't frequent the recruiting board much so this may all be common knowledge.

- Plan is to go after a big ticket transfer QB after TVD leaves this season. There will be interest and the resources will be there. "With transfer portal and NIL, there's no excuse for a top 25 program to not have at least an above average QB every year."

- He would be surprised if the class is not top 10 when it's all said and done. Mentioned that it's not that we are deficient in NIL, but that other good programs have caught up to us in infrastructure and organization. There is no mention from anyone at Hecht re concerning shortage of NIL during recruiting fights.

- There will be a well known former coach joining our analyst ranks before the start of the season.

- Current players are hungry and optimistic. Energy in the building hasn't been this good in a long time. I don't necessarily think this means much, but as he pointed out, better this than the opposite.

I'm sure D$ and Cribby are well aware of all of this already and can correct me if I misunderstood anything.
It’s rapidly getting to the point where a Top 10 finish will require several blue chip flips.

Quick 9 at Granada this morning with my buddy who's been a golden cane for several years. He's not a big fish like Mas but loves the recruiting aspect of CFB and is involved in NIL. Was able to pick his brain. Forgive me if this is all redundant information as I don't frequent the recruiting board much so this may all be common knowledge.

- Plan is to go after a big ticket transfer QB after TVD leaves this season. There will be interest and the resources will be there. "With transfer portal and NIL, there's no excuse for a top 25 program to not have at least an above average QB every year."

- He would be surprised if the class is not top 10 when it's all said and done. Mentioned that it's not that we are deficient in NIL, but that other good programs have caught up to us in infrastructure and organization. There is no mention from anyone at Hecht re concerning shortage of NIL during recruiting fights.

- There will be a well known former coach joining our analyst ranks before the start of the season.

- Current players are hungry and optimistic. Energy in the building hasn't been this good in a long time. I don't necessarily think this means much, but as he pointed out, better this than the opposite.

I'm sure D$ and Cribby are well aware of all of this already and can correct me if I misunderstood anything.
Thank you for posting this. Your input is very much appreciated. Hopefully you will post more often.

Advertisement
Back