Few thoughts from a golden cane

Quick 9 at Granada this morning with my buddy who's been a golden cane for several years. He's not a big fish like Mas but loves the recruiting aspect of CFB and is involved in NIL. Was able to pick his brain. Forgive me if this is all redundant information as I don't frequent the recruiting board much so this may all be common knowledge.

- Plan is to go after a big ticket transfer QB after TVD leaves this season. There will be interest and the resources will be there. "With transfer portal and NIL, there's no excuse for a top 25 program to not have at least an above average QB every year."

- He would be surprised if the class is not top 10 when it's all said and done. Mentioned that it's not that we are deficient in NIL, but that other good programs have caught up to us in infrastructure and organization. There is no mention from anyone at Hecht re concerning shortage of NIL during recruiting fights.

- There will be a well known former coach joining our analyst ranks before the start of the season.

- Current players are hungry and optimistic. Energy in the building hasn't been this good in a long time. I don't necessarily think this means much, but as he pointed out, better this than the opposite.

I'm sure D$ and Cribby are well aware of all of this already and can correct me if I misunderstood anything.
Appreciate

Advertisement
So we fell back in the one area we were ahead….

Great intel. Thanks for sharing.

We have not fallen back. Others are finally getting their **** together.

Also, there are a lot of changes that have been developing in other state laws. Eventually, some of the overly simplistic "Miami isn't offering enough money" posters will start to listen to what is actually going on right now.

We have not fallen back. Others are finally getting their **** together.

Also, there are a lot of changes that have been developing in other state laws. Eventually, some of the overly simplistic "Miami isn't offering enough money" posters will start to listen to what is actually going on right now.

I liked your comment the other day about the other two ****head programs getting with the Governor to even the NIL playing field for Florida programs.

I liked your comment the other day about the other two ****head programs getting with the Governor to even the NIL playing field for Florida programs.

Yup. I've already been talking about this with a few other folks on the board (in texts and DMs).

Think about this...Texas and aTm have always had oil money. It hasn't "come and gone and come back again".

So what changed? They started hot out of the gate (especially aTm) and then a number of other schools, including Miami, were able to compete pretty well. And for a little while, you were starting to hear less and less about aTm.

Then what happened? Texas passed a new NIL law LAST MONTH. And suddenly...they have NIL momentum again. Because the schools are allowed to get more involved. You can wear your jersey in NIL opportunities. And TO RECRUITS, who are only 17 or 18 years old (and their parents), the Texas and Missouri schools (and a few others) just SEEM to be farther ahead in developing opportunities, even if the ACTUAL MONEY is relatively comparable.

Lots of our posters can't see what is happening. How UiF and F$U (and Miami) have suddenly lost a lot of momentum and recruits are picking other schools, especially recruits from outside of Florida.

Life moves pretty fast. Besides just "matching money", we now need to be prepared to "match laws".

Advertisement
1681334703651.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
he said well known former coach. former coach as in former Miami coach? or former coach as in former CFB coach. not clear.

if the former, then i say it is Coker. if the latter, then i say it is Bowden

Advertisement
Back