Few thoughts from a golden cane

Dulles Cane

Freshman
Quick 9 at Granada this morning with my buddy who's been a golden cane for several years. He's not a big fish like Mas but loves the recruiting aspect of CFB and is involved in NIL. Was able to pick his brain. Forgive me if this is all redundant information as I don't frequent the recruiting board much so this may all be common knowledge.

- Plan is to go after a big ticket transfer QB after TVD leaves this season. There will be interest and the resources will be there. "With transfer portal and NIL, there's no excuse for a top 25 program to not have at least an above average QB every year."

- He would be surprised if the class is not top 10 when it's all said and done. Mentioned that it's not that we are deficient in NIL, but that other good programs have caught up to us in infrastructure and organization. There is no mention from anyone at Hecht re concerning shortage of NIL during recruiting fights.

- There will be a well known former coach joining our analyst ranks before the start of the season.

- Current players are hungry and optimistic. Energy in the building hasn't been this good in a long time. I don't necessarily think this means much, but as he pointed out, better this than the opposite.

I'm sure D$ and Cribby are well aware of all of this already and can correct me if I misunderstood anything.

Advertisement
Quick 9 at Granada this morning with my buddy who's been a golden cane for several years. He's not a big fish like Mas but loves the recruiting aspect of CFB and is involved in NIL. Was able to pick his brain. Forgive me if this is all redundant information as I don't frequent the recruiting board much so this may all be common knowledge.

- Plan is to go after a big ticket transfer QB after TVD leaves this season. There will be interest and the resources will be there. "With transfer portal and NIL, there's no excuse for a top 25 program to not have at least an above average QB every year."

- He would be surprised if the class is not top 10 when it's all said and done. Mentioned that it's not that we are deficient in NIL, but that other good programs have caught up to us in infrastructure and organization. There is no mention from anyone at Hecht re concerning shortage of NIL during recruiting fights.

- There will be a well known former coach joining our analyst ranks before the start of the season.

- Current players are hungry and optimistic. Energy in the building hasn't been this good in a long time. I don't necessarily think this means much, but as he pointed out, better this than the opposite.

I'm sure D$ and Cribby are well aware of all of this already and can correct me if I misunderstood anything.
Appreciate the insight. Good to hear on NIL and recruiting, even if it feels like we’re currently getting dragged every which way. Still have faith a momentous swing is coming, albeit each day that passes…the chances of that occurring drops ever so slightly.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Thank u for this information sir. Nice to hear any positive news regarding our CANES!

Good info. Thanks. One question though - you said other good programs have "caught up" to us in infrastructure and organization. For many years we've been told is far, far behind other programs in infrastructure. So we've been ahead the whole time?

Good info. Thanks. One question though - you said other good programs have "caught up" to us in infrastructure and organization. For many years we've been told is far, far behind other programs in infrastructure. So we've been ahead the whole time?
Im pretty sure he means the infrastructure of our NIL game.

Advertisement
Sooooooo if I’m reading this correctly….other programs caught up to us in terms of NIL infrastructure and Mario is simply being out recruited?

You’re obviously not going to land every high end player but we’ve taken a good number of L’s. Still think we stumble our way to a top 10 sort of finish but not crazy to think there is some reason to be concerned.

Advertisement

Thanks for sharing. Makes sense on the big ticket transfer QB. Getting a developed stud to take over after TVD leaves would be ideal. We just need to show improvement with Dawson’s offense, which shouldn’t be too difficult considering the rock bottom offense we had last year.

Last edited:
So we fell back in the one area we were ahead….

Great intel. Thanks for sharing.

Sad So Long GIF by Hollyoaks

Despite everything that has happened since the * bowl in 03, I have resisted the urge to conclude that we are cursed as a program. The fact that the NIL era begins only weeks after we hire a recruiter of Mario’s caliber however, has really got me wondering. May be time to employ a santero.

Attachments

• 67527D67-5513-45F6-916F-0AD0CEF3EE52.gif
    67527D67-5513-45F6-916F-0AD0CEF3EE52.gif
    752.6 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
Back