Ferman saying we pulled Hamilton's offer

Advertisement
Well making **** up like that is pretty serious. As asinine as it may be due to how regarded Hamilton is, things spread pretty quick.

Ferman is stupid.

If Hamilton wants in, he's in.

You guys think you know everything about recruiting. While Hamilton might be a five star in your eyes, he might be one of a number equally wanted recruits by UM. His offer might be contingent on the condition that he commit before somebody else, or he will no longer have the offer. If we have five offers outstanding, and three spots, the spots might go to the three who commit first. Even if he is a five star, Hamilton might be left on the outside looking in.

I can almost guarantee you, based on what I've known about recruiting in the past, that the coaches have their own evaluations, and they might be different from Scout's or Rival's.

The class might already be filled, despite the public announcements tomorrow (or Hamilton's tonight). I doubt that any of the posters here have any way of knowing what's really going on. The staff might not be able to wait for Hamilton to announce.

I wouldn't dismiss Ferman's report out of hand. He might have much better access to reliable sources than you do.

I've known of situations over the years where we had to issue an ultimatum of sorts to coveted prospects because other kids were ready to commit.

Ferman is stupid.

If Hamilton wants in, he's in.

You guys think you know everything about recruiting. While Hamilton might be a five star in your eyes, he might be one of a number equally wanted recruits by UM. His offer might be contingent on the condition that he commit before somebody else, or he will no longer have the offer. If we have five offers outstanding, and three spots, the spots might go to the three who commit first. Even if he is a five star, Hamilton might be left on the outside looking in.

I can almost guarantee you, based on what I've known about recruiting in the past, that the coaches have their own evaluations, and they might be different from Scout's or Rival's.

The class might already be filled, despite the public announcements tomorrow (or Hamilton's tonight). I doubt that any of the posters here have any way of knowing what's really going on. The staff might not be able to wait for Hamilton to announce.

I wouldn't dismiss Ferman's report out of hand. He might have much better access to reliable sources than you do.

I've known of situations over the years where we had to issue an ultimatum of sorts to coveted prospects because other kids were ready to commit.

Its Ferman. All that needs to be said. All your logical points are null and void. Anybody responds with "Its Ferman" and the entire Miami recruitnik community knows what they mean.

Also who the **** is telling Ferman anything? They bring Hamilton in over weekend. Have another space open up with Hope being an early EE, and they inform Hamilton we don't want you anymore?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is because young northrup and howard are in

This might be true. I have no inside information, but these might be our last available spots. If so, call it a day and be happy with an excellent class.

Al cannot manufacture endless spots out of thin air. If there were or are other kids who wanted in, maybe they waited too long to decide. Just be glad that Al didn't pull outstanding offers to get somebody like Hamilton. That's a Saban-type tactic and I don't think we want to be associated with that type of sleaziness.

Did Ferman even say that, or did he just say that's his opinion?

There's a good chance the OP is just misquoting what Ferman said IMO. I don't know, I don't subscribe to that site.

Ferman's " sources"? You mean the same sources who told him Gruden was a " Done Deal"? Dude has no cred. Loved it when Joe Rose called him out on all his BS to sell subscriptions

Advertisement
Ferman's " sources"? You mean the same sources who told him Gruden was a " Done Deal"? Dude has no cred. Loved it when Joe Rose called him out on all his BS to sell subscriptions
Ferman put that out there and now he is no where to be seen to follow up

Did he pull his usual "SUPER SECRET AWESOME RECRUIT WE ARE ALL GONNA GET EXCITED OVER!!!!" thing this year? Ill never forget the year Jared Campbell was the big surprise. I dont buy that we pulled the scholly. I think its more likely he picked Rutgers and told our coaches and we decided to look elsewhere.

Advertisement
Did he pull his usual "SUPER SECRET AWESOME RECRUIT WE ARE ALL GONNA GET EXCITED OVER!!!!" thing this year? Ill never forget the year Jared Campbell was the big surprise. I dont buy that we pulled the scholly. I think its more likely he picked Rutgers and told our coaches and we decided to look elsewhere.
He has done that a few times

Advertisement

UPDATE: Darius Hamilton is set to choose Rutgers when he announces his decision 8 p.m. tonight according to Northjersey.com.

"Second...more credible source...says Darius Hamilton will pick Rutgers," Varsity Aces tweeted.

So Dequan ***ing Ivery has an offer but not Hamilton? Oh okay

Yup makes perfectly good sense to me that UM grabs a 3 star and tells a 5 star to walk because of schollies.

I'm not saying that Ferman's right or wrong. This report attributed to Ferman might be BS.

I doubt, based upon my past experience and conversations with people involved in the recruiting process, that the "stars" handed out by non-coaches, many of whom have never played or coached the game, determine how the coaching staff evaluates players. For all you know, Ivery might be as highly rated by the coaches as Hamilton, no matter how unlikely that might seem. Or Ivery's offer might be contingent upon other more preferred players, like Hamilton, going elsewhere before Miami accepts a commit from Ivery.

Does Ivery come from Lake City Columbia? As I recall, Yatil Green came out of that school, and flew under the radar. He was a much better prospect than that nationally known WR from Jacksonville the same year, Andre Cooper.

I'm not defending Ferman, but he might be right, and he might not be. The fact he was wrong on Gruden, doesn't mean he is right or wrong now. Nobody bats 1000%.

My guess is he chooses Rutgers. But if he chooses Miami, this guy should never be allowed to tweet anything ever again.

Advertisement
Back