Ferman reporting Quentez Johnson commits

Advertisement
Hilarious that you guys get upset at ferman like he had the Golden story wrong. The story was reported right but Al forced the hand and it ended how it ended. I read both sites, but that one posts ten times the stories and is better, for whatever that's worth.

Gruden to miami !!

Ok since this is a Ferman thread I didnt want to read too much because I cant ******* stand him. Now my question is was there an interview where the kid basically said he was going to commit to us or is he just talking out of his *** again?

Corey King..Earl Moore......................YEET!

310.gif

Advertisement
Can I just get a scouting report on him? Don't really wanna read a thread about a reporter when it's supposed to be about Quentez Johnson committing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this kid fits what we run quite nicely honestly.

He's never going to be a 1-gap, upfield pressure player. Wasn't overly impressed with his first step, comes out high too quickly at times, but that's common for HS DL. Despite his size he needs to get stronger. Has a ways to go with technique. He was also single blocked a little more than I'd like.

What he does do well is 2-gap where he controls his blocker and finds the football. It's his ability to find the football while being blocked that impressed me the most. He does a great job of controlling blockers and then shedding to make the tackle. Advanced hand use in that respect. He surprises you with his agility and seems to have a high motor (but motor is tough to judge on a highlight video).

In our system where we ask our guys to control blockers in a 2-gap setting, then shed and make the tackle, I think he'll fit in quite well. He's not an athletic freak and he won't do much in the way of pass rush here, but I think he's a worthy recruit who has a chance to really contribute.

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC 3h

Commitment of DL Quentez Johnson to Miami was described by his HS coach as "very, very soft"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back