Fellas, we need to try our best to make the Bethune Cookman game a sell-out..

This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off to their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.
Look, there is SO MUCH pent up UM football hunger and frustration from 20 years of inept administration and coaching of the football program, and a HUGE feeling of relief / thanks / positivity towards the future under Mario / Radakovich and the 2022 coaching staff, that I do believe that games this season will be minimum 50,000 for OOC games (even BCU) and 55,000+ for conference games. One interesting fact is that the population of Miami / Made has grown by approximately 800,000 since the 1989 period. High % of those are upscale with $$ (heavily skewed to Latin based business owners and families that have opened offices in Miami). Selling out a 65,000 seat stadium won't be hard once this team wins a couple of big games. Beat A&M and don't give up your season tickets!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off to their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.
Season tix for the first time in a long while.

Advertisement
Answered you in the Rashada thread, but coming down from Smashville for the home opener with my brother

Sorry but not planning on being there. Will continue to attend 1 or 2 home games per year. Also intend to be at the GT and UVA games.

As someone who loves CFB and not just the Canes, the tv experience on Saturdays is just too good. Attending games (not tailgating) is great and that itch must get scratched, but going to games is an all-day affair. I enjoy watching football in the afternoon. One of the things I love about this country. Baseball too.

Advertisement
StubHub tickets are still going for cheap as ****. No excuses TBH unless you are going out of town. Those tickets are cheaper then the **** Orange Blossom Classic which is the very next day. Lol!

It would make sense for the University to be networking for a local business to buy large amount of tickets & invite the local schools/programs to a kick-off function. Each ticket could involve goodie bags with apparel, school supplies, snacks & maybe a pre-game field tour of Hard Rock. I don't know the logistics, legality, liability of the issue.. but in theory, it sounds good. Lol

It would make sense for the University to be networking for a local business to buy large amount of tickets & invite the local schools/programs to a kick-off function. Each ticket could involve goodie bags with apparel, school supplies, snacks & maybe a pre-game field tour of Hard Rock. I don't know the logistics, legality, liability of the issue.. but in theory, it sounds good. Lol
I am very interested to see if Alonso can get the ball rolling on getting tickets to the inner city crowd. Specifically the pop Warner teams and families. I want to know if I can’t use my tickets I can get them to someone who will enjoy the experience and maybe even become a cane fan because of it. I know they have the military/first responder donate link but I’d love to see Alonso get the ball rolling on what I have heard him describe before

Advertisement
Just bought my season tickets.
Happy Dance GIF

Paid a grip but they're great seats.

It would be neat to implement a way for people to donate money and tickets on this website, then have them distributed to local schools. E.G. make a PayPal donation to canes in sight.co, trusted person buy some cheap tickets, donate them to local school admins to reward school attendance or something like that.

If there are 55,000 actual people in the stands that would be a massive victory as far as attendance goes for a game like this at 3:30. If there are 60,000 actual people that would be a miracle. If it's sold out then I'm driving home to spend the few remaining hours on this Earth with my family because the apocalypse is near.

The bigger problem, as far as home attendance goes, is our first 3 home games are Bethune, Southern Miss, and Middle Tennessee. Then we get UNC but follow it up with Duke. It's a god awful home schedule. The following year we have Miami (Ohio), Texas A&M, Boston College, UVA, and Va Tech. Much better.

The ultimate home schedule comes in 2025 where we'll have Florida, Notre Dame, USF, Va Tech, and UVA at home. THAT'S a friggin home schedule.

Sorry but not planning on being there. Will continue to attend 1 or 2 home games per year. Also intend to be at the GT and UVA games.

As someone who loves CFB and not just the Canes, the tv experience on Saturdays is just too good. Attending games (not tailgating) is great and that itch must get scratched, but going to games is an all-day affair. I enjoy watching football in the afternoon. One of the things I love about this country. Baseball too.

honestly, I cant disagree with this. The weekends where you can just sit from 9 am (PT) all the way till about 11 pm(PT) and just watch games to me is one of life's great pleasures for me. I was actually hoping our opener would be a noon game, so it would leave more time to watch the other games on Sept 3

Advertisement
Back