Fellas, we need to try our best to make the Bethune Cookman game a sell-out..

It would be neat to implement a way for people to donate money and tickets on this website, then have them distributed to local schools. E.G. make a PayPal donation to canes in sight.co, trusted person buy some cheap tickets, donate them to local school admins to reward school attendance or something like that.

West, I've actually proposed an idea like this, and we're trying to get the ball rolling on this for the future...

Advertisement
I am very interested to see if Alonso can get the ball rolling on getting tickets to the inner city crowd. Specifically the pop Warner teams and families. I want to know if I can’t use my tickets I can get them to someone who will enjoy the experience and maybe even become a cane fan because of it. I know they have the military/first responder donate link but I’d love to see Alonso get the ball rolling on what I have heard him describe before

Alonzo has been made aware of a concept like this, trust me

honestly, I cant disagree with this. The weekends where you can just sit from 9 am (PT) all the way till about 11 pm(PT) and just watch games to me is one of life's great pleasures for me. I was actually hoping our opener would be a noon game, so it would leave more time to watch the other games on Sept 3
Noon would have been perfect in relation to the other games, but opening weekend is kind of garbage so I laugh at rok's post.

The best noon games are...

Colorado St @ Michigan
Rutgers @ BC
UNC @ App St
NC St @ ECU

Those are all trash, imo....unless you've got money on 'em lol.

3:30 there's some good games...but then Rok is insinuating he won't watch Miami's opener, since the times conflict :censored:

Oregon @ UGA (UGA 17 pt favorite)
Arizona @ SDSU
Cinci @ Arkansas

Still get to make it home in time for the night slate, which is the best of the bunch.

Utah @ UF
Memphis @ Miss St
ND @ OSU
Louisville @ Cuse
Boise St @ Oregon St

Noon would have been perfect in relation to the other games, but opening weekend is kind of garbage so I laugh at rok's post.

Colorado St @ Michigan
Rutgers @ BC
UNC @ App St
NC St @ ECU

3:30 there's some good games...but then Rok is insinuating he won't watch Miami's opener, since the times conflict :censored:

Arizona @ SDSU
Cinci @ Arkansas

Still get to make it home in time for the night slate, which is the best of the bunch.

Utah @ UF
Memphis @ Miss St
ND @ OSU
Louisville @ Cuse
Boise St @ Oregon St

We, that's interesting, the schedule isn't as loaded as I assumed for week 1. But I will say this, early in the season, I do find games of that caliber interesting because it's so fresh and it's the first look at many of the teams and new players -- and you'll see some upsets. And even blowouts, will teach you a few things about everybody involved

Also, since we play Beth-Cook, Im guaranteed to see a Miami win. Seriously, last 15 years or so I've seen waaaay too many Hurricane losses across the country. Let me at least enjoy one UM win in 22...

I was literally about to create this thread. I realize most hard core cane fans find it hard to get up a for bethune game but this is a perfect opportunity to introduce new people to college football, donate tickets, bring kids friends/classmates/coworkers etc. I normally only make 1 game year living in orlando (already got my FSU tickets) but i'm going to take a coworker of mine to the bethune game who a big fan but never been to a game.
Shoot .... I live NE of Orlando and have season tickets. Cannot wait for the Bethune Cookman game.

Advertisement
We, that's interesting, the schedule isn't as loaded as I assumed for week 1. But I will say this, early in the season, I do find games of that caliber interesting because it's so fresh and it's the first look at many of the teams and new players -- and you'll see some upsets. And even blowouts, will teach you a few things about everybody involved

Also, since we play Beth-Cook, Im guaranteed to see a Miami win. Seriously, last 15 years or so I've seen waaaay too many Hurricane losses across the country. Let me at least enjoy one UM win in 22...
I totally agree with part of his post - nothing like waking up on Saturday morning for College Gameday, and watching endless hours of football until my head aches for Pac-12 after Dark.

But in this instance, I think we as fans owe this to Mario...I don't need much convincing coming down from Boston. Noon tailgate, first game of the year for a program that has done everything in their power to fast-track this rebuild and generate excitement among the students, fanbase, alumni, local coaches, etc. The least we can do is show up and show out, and see a nice 40+ point victory.

Shoot .... I live NE of Orlando and have season tickets. Cannot wait for the Bethune Cookman game.
I wish i could travel more but its peak fishing season during CFB and the only way i can do both is to stay local. Selfish i know lol

This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off to their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.
Steve, is this the only place where we’re asking for a sellout? (Twitter,Facebook)

Advertisement
This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off to their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.
Agreed.

The school did the right thing by fans. Fans need to step up and do our part.
Words are cheap.

honestly, I cant disagree with this. The weekends where you can just sit from 9 am (PT) all the way till about 11 pm(PT) and just watch games to me is one of life's great pleasures for me. I was actually hoping our opener would be a noon game, so it would leave more time to watch the other games on Sept 3
It must be even better on the west coast, waking up to live action and not having to wait although College Gameday does help soothe the addiction. Only downside to living out west is no games super late at night. Sometimes those Pac-10 tilts hit just right at midnight.

It's been mentioned multiple times but this type of game is really where Zo and Rad shouid get like 5k youth players to to show up. Give em a hamburger/hot dog type plate too. You'd be surprised (and it doesn't always say something good about us as a country) at how much free food as part of a free day can be an inducement for some kids. The cost to do this would be pretty minimal if their youth leagues or schools arrange the transportation.

Advertisement
It must be even better on the west coast, waking up to live action and not having to wait although College Gameday does help soothe the addiction. Only downside to living out west is no games super late at night. Sometimes those Pac-10 tilts hit just right at midnight.

rok, what I do is I wake up around 7:15 ish, this way GameDay starts and I can just watch the DVR recording from the beginning and skip the commercials for most of that show. Then... kickoff

It's perfect

If there are 55,000 actual people in the stands that would be a massive victory as far as attendance goes for a game like this at 3:30. If there are 60,000 actual people that would be a miracle. If it's sold out then I'm driving home to spend the few remaining hours on this Earth with my family because the apocalypse is near.

Another thing that could help the crowd:

FAMU and Jackson State are playing the next day at JRS in the Orange Blossom Classic.

Pretty sure a lot of those fans will be already be in town, so they may want to come to the stadium on Saturday to check out the Canes, B-CU and the Marching Wildcat Band (people who follow HBCU football even a little know the deal about halftime shows).

Maybe DanRad and them can do a promo for those folks attending the OBC.

Agree with everyone here: The more, the merrier.

Another thing that could help the crowd:

FAMU and Jackson State are playing the next day at JRS in the Orange Blossom Classic.

Pretty sure a lot of those fans will be already be in town, so they may want to come to the stadium on Saturday to check out the Canes, B-CU and the Marching Wildcat Band (people who follow HBCU football even a little know the deal about halftime shows).

Maybe DanRad and them can do a promo for those folks attending the OBC.

Agree with everyone here: The more, the merrier.

This game (no matter who it's against) in my view should be held as a celebration of a new day/era/age of Miami football.

I plan on having a great time with a lot of friends and fellow fans...

Advertisement
rok, what I do is I wake up around 7:15 ish, this way GameDay starts and I can just watch the DVR recording from the beginning and skip the commercials for most of that show. Then... kickoff. It's perfect

Maaaaaaannnnn .... CFB hands down is my favorite sport, but ESPN GameDay is a no-go in my house.

Straight SEC/Big Ten ball-licking festival for 3 hours.

Just. Can't. Watch. It.

Maaaaaaannnnn .... CFB hands down is my favorite sport, but ESPN GameDay is a no-go in my house.

Straight SEC/Big Ten ball-licking festival for 3 hours.

Just. Can't. Watch. It.

yeah, I hear ya, but what's the alternative. Those other shows just dont do it for me. When it comes to that, I am a creature of habit

Colorado St @ Michigan
Rutgers @ BC
UNC @ App St
NC St @ ECU

Arizona @ SDSU
Cinci @ Arkansas

Utah @ UF
Memphis @ Miss St
ND @ OSU
Louisville @ Cuse
Boise St @ Oregon St
I’ll need both ND and OSU to lose 🤔

I’ll need both ND and OSU to lose 🤔
I personally think ND is in for a rough one this season...sounds like they're going to rotate QBs; asked a buddy of mine who's grandpa/dad are pretty big boosters...they both stink right now.

The schedule isn't hard by any means - sure they'll probably lose to Ohio St, USC and maybe Clemson...but they could struggle vs. some of these other mid-tier ACC teams. We'll see what Freeman cooks up in Year 1.

Advertisement
Back