Fellas, we need to try our best to make the Bethune Cookman game a sell-out..

k9cane

Senior
This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off to their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is what I wrote in the J. Rashada recruiting thread:

"Hey guys, I was talking to someone about this, based on what's going on, dont you guys think we need to do our best to sell out the Bethune Cookman opener?

I mean, Mario and Co deserve this type of kick off their run. Perception is reality, UM is back(or will be) so lets create an atmosphere where everyone(from recruits to fans) wants to be.

There are other 'better' games, but c'mon, we need to all do our part and get down there for that one. I know I'll be there(from Los Angeles), I dont care what other games are on that day, the Mario Hurricanes deserve this in game one."

Hey, we wanted a program that was all-in, well, we got it. The least we can do is show up for Cristobal's first game as our head coach, and set a great tone moving forward. First time in years I actually bought season tickets.

I was literally about to create this thread. I realize most hard core cane fans find it hard to get up a for bethune game but this is a perfect opportunity to introduce new people to college football, donate tickets, bring kids friends/classmates/coworkers etc. I normally only make 1 game year living in orlando (already got my FSU tickets) but i'm going to take a coworker of mine to the bethune game who a big fan but never been to a game.

Advertisement
I was literally about to create this thread. I realize most hard core cane fans find it hard to get up a for bethune game but this is a perfect opportunity to introduce new people to college football, donate tickets, bring kids friends/classmates/coworkers etc. I normally only make 1 game year living in orlando (already got my FSU tickets) but i'm going to take a coworker of mine to the bethune game who a big fan but never been to a game.

atta boy!!

Advertisement
Not that one is needed, but there will be an added bonus Sept. 3 at JRS with Bethune-Cookman's band performing at halftime.

They'll put to shame any other band we'll see — home or away — on UM's schedule this year.

Florida Classic 2021: Bethune Cookman Marching Wildcats

Posted this before, but if we're gonna host a FCS team every season, we really should consider just rotating B-CU and FAMU.

Fun tailgate, great bands, both those schools got their share of Hurricane fans and we'll be supporting two deserving in-state HBCU's

Let's make this happen CMC and DanRad

Advertisement
Posted this before, but if we're gonna host a FCS team every season, we really should consider just rotating B-CU and FAMU.

Fun tailgate, great bands, both those schools got their share of Hurricane fans and we'll be supporting two deserving in-state HBCU's

Let's make this happen CMC and DanRad
I’m not crazy about scheduling FCS programs but I’d much rather our athletic department cut a check to BCU or FAMU than some out of state school. Besides, there’s a lot of alums in south Florida, they bring a good crowd and the bands are top notch.

Bringing my 6 year old Grandson from Ft Myers area for his first Cane game…

Train-Up-a-Child-Verse.jpg

I’m not crazy about scheduling FCS programs but I’d much rather our athletic department cut a check to BCU or FAMU than some out of state school. Besides, there’s a lot of alums in south Florida, they bring a good crowd and the bands are top notch.

We're gonna play FCS games regardless.

Total no-brainer for the reasons you mentioned to keep it to the two in-state HBCU's.

Be a lot of good will for the university and the athletic program — not to mention the local players and their families would enjoy attending these games.

Win-win for all involved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back