Feldman (UM alum) hyping us up

We seem to always be a year away. As much as I love the hype, I cannot help this guarded feeling that we just don't have all the pieces yet for the hype. The continued fall out after the FSU game just seems to continue. I'm going to wait and see how the team reacts after the FSU game. We lost to Va Tech with a first year coach and quarterback, we lost to Notre Dame who had probably their worst year in a while, and our lack of quality depth and lack of mental toughness was evident. We are still relying on Freshman and in reality I'm not so sure a lot of the major teams would beat the door down to have our quarterback situation.

Be a fan. Embrace the hype about your program. Enjoy the ride. It's not incumbent upon UM fans to **** on the hype fire.

Advertisement
We seem to always be a year away. As much as I love the hype, I cannot help this guarded feeling that we just don't have all the pieces yet for the hype. The continued fall out after the FSU game just seems to continue. I'm going to wait and see how the team reacts after the FSU game. We lost to Va Tech with a first year coach and quarterback, we lost to Notre Dame who had probably their worst year in a while, and our lack of quality depth and lack of mental toughness was evident. We are still relying on Freshman and in reality I'm not so sure a lot of the major teams would beat the door down to have our quarterback situation.

Be a fan. Embrace the hype about your program. Enjoy the ride. It's not incumbent upon UM fans to **** on the hype fire.

Right. Hype is always good

Pieces missing right now are a reliable QB, and good depth at OL and TE. Everything else is in place. Like was said above, a good defense, especially DL, covers a lot of flaws.

If depth at TE hurts you then you're a **** coach. This ain't 1980s Big 10.

A simple up-rep just wasn't enough for this post. F0CK YEAH, 'Chise. F0ckin A.

UM fans are too worried about looking like homers so they want to be scientific. Fck that ****. Just jump in.

We've got enough material to do what we should do this year. So stop with the "yeah but we don't..." bullshyt. Everyone has issues. We've got less than anyone in our division.

Advertisement
It's been a while since I could legitimately say "Miami is a year away". Probably since the Shannon 2009 team. Everything since then has been hopeful optimism but I knew, realistically, they were not a great team. Finally, I can say the talent level is approaching Miami quality and this team is ready to make the jump from pretty good to contender.

It's been a while since I could legitimately say "Miami is a year away". Probably since the Shannon 2009 team. Everything since then has been hopeful optimism but I knew, realistically, they were not a great team. Finally, I can say the talent level is approaching Miami quality and this team is ready to make the jump from pretty good to contender.

Yeah the difference I think is we have a proven staff this time. I understand why a lot of fans are reluctant to get hyped after all these years. It used to ruin my entire weekend when the canes would lose then Golden came in and it was almost expected. I'm starting to jump back in on the hype train myself since maybe about 2009.

Yeah the difference I think is we have a proven staff this time. I understand why a lot of fans are reluctant to get hyped after all these years. It used to ruin my entire weekend when the canes would lose then Golden came in and it was almost expected. I'm starting to jump back in on the hype train myself since maybe about 2009.
That's part of what being a UM fan should entail. It should ruin your weekend when we lose. Trying to convince yourself we shouldn't win big now to protect your feelings is pretty ghey.

Pieces missing right now are a reliable QB, and good depth at OL and TE. Everything else is in place. Like was said above, a good defense, especially DL, covers a lot of flaws.

No team is perfect, and everyone is missing pieces and flaws. But what we have is a championship caliber defense, a team filled with leaders on every level of the offense and defense, and a running game that can carry the load. You think Clemson had 3 TE's last season. No, they had one that got any burn. ONE!

We are coming to take what's ours! #6 is within reach

This. Clemson only had 1 running back as well. The reason they one because they had a great qb.

Advertisement

That's part of what being a UM fan should entail. It should ruin your weekend when we lose. Trying to convince yourself we shouldn't win big now to protect your feelings is pretty ghey.

Yeah I get what you're saying Chise, but Golden did a number on a lot of fans. I felt like that one fan in Major League that would talk sh*&t the whole time until they finally got good goes. I still made it to a game a year usually against FSU so that wasn't the best feeling afterwards. I think of the past 7 years I went to only one cane win and it was the turds.

Give me a game manager QB who can extend plays with his feet, pick up a handful of short 3rd downs per game, keep the defense honest with a decent deep ball, and not turn the ball over...with our D that'll win us 11 games. Hence why I think Rosier is a lock as starter

You had me until Rosier... Not saying he won't or can't be the guy, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he is. But what you described is exactly what I think Richt is looking for and the guy who is most capable of doing that consistently will be our starter. I trust Richt's judgment over my own (or, for the most part, anyone on this board).

There's no point in picking sides right now when very few of us have any ability to see any of what is going on in practice or the scrimmages. Keep an open mind and support the guy who wins the job, just as the other QB's and the team will.

I understand the skepticism, but what have you actually seen from him at all to make you say that? You can say the jury is out on this one. But to use something you haven't seen to predict that you disagree with the quoted statement is just being down on the young man IMO. The guy only played in one meaningful game and in that game he performed well on the road. Other than that, unsubstantiated CIS comments about him excessively turning over the ball which if true, mostly happened in spring practice.

UM fans are too worried about looking like homers so they want to be scientific. Fck that ****. Just jump in.

We've got enough material to do what we should do this year. So stop with the "yeah but we don't..." bullshyt. Everyone has issues. We've got less than anyone in our division.

Preach!!!

A couple plays stood out for me last year - Waltons TD run getting called back against FSU on a phantom holding call, giving the UNC receiver a TD when it is laughably obvious that the player doesn't have control of the ball - we win those games if not for horrendous officiating. Two blown calls were the difference between "the U is back" and the uncertainty lots of fans feel right now. We easily had the talent for an 11 win season last year, with a far worse offensive line. This year better D and better O (depth aside, Herndon is a more complete TE than Njoku). The only question mark on a starter is at QB, but I think we win big with just a game manager.

Advertisement
A couple plays stood out for me last year - Waltons TD run getting called back against FSU on a phantom holding call, giving the UNC receiver a TD when it is laughably obvious that the player doesn't have control of the ball - we win those games if not for horrendous officiating. Two blown calls were the difference between "the U is back" and the uncertainty lots of fans feel right now. We easily had the talent for an 11 win season last year, with a far worse offensive line. This year better D and better O (depth aside, Herndon is a more complete TE than Njoku). The only question mark on a starter is at QB, but I think we win big with just a game manager.
Agree. But that leaves one of the competing QB's as and effective game manager and you know who.

Give me a game manager QB who can extend plays with his feet, pick up a handful of short 3rd downs per game, keep the defense honest with a decent deep ball, and not turn the ball over...with our D that'll win us 11 games. Hence why I think Rosier is a lock as starter

You had me until Rosier... Not saying he won't or can't be the guy, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he is. But what you described is exactly what I think Richt is looking for and the guy who is most capable of doing that consistently will be our starter. I trust Richt's judgment over my own (or, for the most part, anyone on this board).

There's no point in picking sides right now when very few of us have any ability to see any of what is going on in practice or the scrimmages. Keep an open mind and support the guy who wins the job, just as the other QB's and the team will.

People sleeping on my man Shirreffs...

People sleeping on my man Shirreffs...

Who is? He gets more hype here than almost any player on the team.

Advertisement

^

Lol, even when I know we're going to lose it still ruins my weekend. I feel like somebody fcking died.

Depth at tight end is solved if you you use 1 tight end on the field which we will do a lot and 4 wide which we should do

Reliable QB and depth at o-line i agree with. But the TE depth problem is so over exaggerated. If not having more TE's costs this team wins then we need to reevaluate the team.

How much of him have you seen?

Advertisement
Back