Feldman (UM alum) hyping us up

Advertisement
Kind of hyping us up. He basically said we are a year away but we are getting better

We're getting a lot of love right now from all over. Lots of podcasts I listen to like us a ton.

I think he genuinely believed the hype. His comment about pumping the breaks was in an effort to cover his *** if all we turn out to be is hype.

Advertisement
Best thing out of that
"One ACC coach last winter told me he thought Miami was the most talented team he faced in 2016. And this was a guy who had also faced Clemson."

We seem to always be a year away. As much as I love the hype, I cannot help this guarded feeling that we just don't have all the pieces yet for the hype. The continued fall out after the FSU game just seems to continue. I'm going to wait and see how the team reacts after the FSU game. We lost to Va Tech with a first year coach and quarterback, we lost to Notre Dame who had probably their worst year in a while, and our lack of quality depth and lack of mental toughness was evident. We are still relying on Freshman and in reality I'm not so sure a lot of the major teams would beat the door down to have our quarterback situation.

We seem to always be a year away. As much as I love the hype, I cannot help this guarded feeling that we just don't have all the pieces yet for the hype. The continued fall out after the FSU game just seems to continue. I'm going to wait and see how the team reacts after the FSU game. We lost to Va Tech with a first year coach and quarterback, we lost to Notre Dame who had probably their worst year in a while, and our lack of quality depth and lack of mental toughness was evident. We are still relying on Freshman and in reality I'm not so sure a lot of the major teams would beat the door down to have our quarterback situation.
Yes, but this time I actually feel it objectively rather than just blindly hopefully. We are one of our quarterbacks developing well this year from being legit playoff threat next year in my opinion.

I think the QB situation as it currently stands puts our regular season win cap at 10, but I could see a developmental year for whoever turns out to be the guy in 2019, and avoiding a mass exodus at the DT position moving that cap up.

I like Feldman, but he really needs to chill on the Derwin James as the next Sean Taylor garbage. As a UM alum, he should know that even repeating such nonsense is blasphemous.

Advertisement
Its the D... If you have a good D it will keep you in a lot of games and its amazing how quickly Diaz and co turned this Defense around.

I hate to use this team, but look at the Gators... completely inept on offense but their Defense ( Muschamps guys) kept them in a lot of games and got them to the SEC champ twice.

Just gotta get the QB situation figured out and hoping the OLine is at least 1/4 better than it was last year

Anyone that thinks we are a year away is a fool

We are ready to be in the hunt right now, this year. We wen't 9-4 LAST season and we SHOULD'VE been 11-2 easily. We gave away FSU and the ND games due to shaky play calling, AND we played all of last year without 2 of our top 4 players on the entire team (Grace and Muhammed). We turned the corner last season, but folks are blind to it

We will be great THIS YEAR, 2018 AND 2019!

Anyone that thinks we are a year away is a fool

We are ready to be in the hunt right now, this year. We wen't 9-4 LAST season and we SHOULD'VE been 11-2 easily. We gave away FSU and the ND games due to shaky play calling, AND we played all of last year without 2 of our top 4 players on the entire team (Grace and Muhammed). We turned the corner last season, but folks are blind to it

We will be great THIS YEAR, 2018 AND 2019!

Loss 3 games by a total of 11 points and should have won all of those games. All 9 wins were by 2 touchdowns or more too

Pieces missing right now are a reliable QB, and good depth at OL and TE. Everything else is in place. Like was said above, a good defense, especially DL, covers a lot of flaws.

Advertisement
Pieces missing right now are a reliable QB, and good depth at OL and TE. Everything else is in place. Like was said above, a good defense, especially DL, covers a lot of flaws.

Depth at tight end is solved if you you use 1 tight end on the field which we will do a lot and 4 wide which we should do

Best thing out of that
"One ACC coach last winter told me he thought Miami was the most talented team he faced in 2016. And this was a guy who had also faced Clemson."

Pat Narduzzi.

Just re-watched the Pitt game from last year this past weekend. While it was a legit game for a while, man did we have that one in the bag basically all the way from start to finish. Meanwhile, watching the Clemson-Pitt game just one week after we demolished Pitt with my Clemson fan other half... I would agree with the statement that our talent is certainly in the same hemisphere with Clemson's. The difference is in the depth, the other-worldly QB (at least in college, pro TBD) that DeShaun Watson is/was, and the Coker/Shannon/Golden/Shalalalalalala malaise and lack of winning mentality that has infected the program. Shoot, Clemson STILL has to answer questions about "Clemzoning", maybe not now after winning it all last year, but they were certainly answering them after losing to Pitt (and shoulda losing to NC State) last year.

We're on the right trajectory, 100%, but it often takes programs to go through Washington 2000 and that sort of thing before they mature to the point where they can handle and truly demand success. We've also got to eradicate the Shalalala virus. This is why I never get upset when I see bums leaving the program in the offseason, even talented ones who could be valuable depth for us. Winning goes way beyond having talent and physical ability. Truly winning, being the absolute best at what you do, requires a certain level of ability as a prerequisite. But winning a championship at the highest levels is 100% mental. This is Pastor Richt's real challenge. And I'm extremely confident that he knows that to be the case.

No team is perfect, and everyone is missing pieces and flaws. But what we have is a championship caliber defense, a team filled with leaders on every level of the offense and defense, and a running game that can carry the load. You think Clemson had 3 TE's last season. No, they had one that got any burn. ONE!

We are coming to take what's ours! #6 is within reach

Advertisement
Its the D... If you have a good D it will keep you in a lot of games and its amazing how quickly Diaz and co turned this Defense around.

I hate to use this team, but look at the Gators... completely inept on offense but their Defense ( Muschamps guys) kept them in a lot of games and got them to the SEC champ twice.

Just gotta get the QB situation figured out and hoping the OLine is at least 1/4 better than it was last year

Sure, in the worst division in all the Power 5.

Give me a game manager QB who can extend plays with his feet, pick up a handful of short 3rd downs per game, keep the defense honest with a decent deep ball, and not turn the ball over...with our D that'll win us 11 games. Hence why I think Rosier is a lock as starter

Give me a game manager QB who can extend plays with his feet, pick up a handful of short 3rd downs per game, keep the defense honest with a decent deep ball, and not turn the ball over...with our D that'll win us 11 games. Hence why I think Rosier is a lock as starter

You had me until Rosier... Not saying he won't or can't be the guy, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he is. But what you described is exactly what I think Richt is looking for and the guy who is most capable of doing that consistently will be our starter. I trust Richt's judgment over my own (or, for the most part, anyone on this board).

There's no point in picking sides right now when very few of us have any ability to see any of what is going on in practice or the scrimmages. Keep an open mind and support the guy who wins the job, just as the other QB's and the team will.

Best thing out of that

FSU, NC State, Pitt, or Va Tech either way that's a lot of respect

Advertisement
Back