Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

Advertisement
Register Now Car Show GIF by Sound FX

Season 7 Mystery With A Twist GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

Bruce Feldman was super bullish on Nussmeier as an OC. Very complimentary. That's going to crash a bunch of CIS poster's hard drives.

Advertisement
Surprised to hear big Joe was dead weight considering their former ties at Oregon.
Manny N did an interview with one of the Oregon beat writers last year after Mario was hired and he basically said that he wasnt a very good recruiter and that he didnt really seem to stick out as a coach. So others clearly saw before and if this is inline with what Mario is seeing now, the question is why didn't see it before?

Manny N did an interview with one of the Oregon beat writers last year after Mario was hired and he basically said that he wasnt a very good recruiter and that he didnt really seem to stick out as a coach. So others clearly saw before and if this is inline with what Mario is seeing now, the question is why didn't see it before?
interesting, thanks for that. seems very odd.

Advertisement
Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

All I know is that Frankie P and Gattis beef sounds legit. The Ponce I know would tell a mf real quick if there was a problem.
Care to elaborate on the origins of the beef and everything In between?

Hold on, am I seeing this right for Nussmeier as OC at UofM/UF??

2014 - Total O (112th)
2015 - Total O (111th)
2016 - Total O (116th)
2017 - Total O (109th)

WITF is this man’s name remotely being spoken out of The Hecht? What IN ThEe FOCk was The Cowboys thinking hiring this dude?? WHY Is Bruce Feldman BULLISH on this bull chit??! What r we talking about here??

Brother, we’ve discussed this ad nauseam. Whether that was:

1. “Allegedly” sleeping w/ Xavier Worthy’s mom, which led his de-commitment from Michigan & landing at UT

2. B/c of his improprieties, not allowed to be on the recruiting trail while at Michigan

3. His issues w/ Michigan’s Admin

4. His departing text to some Michigan Players about how unappreciated he was in Ann Arbor

5. A little rift that existed between Locksley & Gattis while at Bama which manifested itself in the 2019 B1G kick off.

Dude is a mess, so it doesn’t surprise me to hear Ponce hated him. Apparently, bro thinks very highly of himself w/ a lack of humility.

I'll give you 2 more warning flags...

6. Getting into a twitter beef with some random Michigan fan soon after MArio hired him.

7. Making the infamous comment during our spring ball "if we had 85 Will Mallory's, we'd win a lot of games."

Advertisement
Hold on, am I seeing this right for Nussmeier as OC at UofM/UF??

2014 - Total O (112th)
2015 - Total O (111th)
2016 - Total O (116th)
2017 - Total O (109th)

WITF is this man’s name remotely being spoken out of The Hecht? What IN ThEe FOCk was The Cowboys thinking hiring this dude?? WHY Is Bruce Feldman BULLISH on this bull chit??! What r we talking about here??

Yeah, exactly.
It’d be a reason to riot, no exaggeration.

6. Getting into a twitter beef with some random Michigan fan soon after MArio hired him.

7. Making the infamous comment during our spring ball "if we had 85 Will Mallory's, we'd win a lot of games."

Yes!! Dang it; I totally forgot about that Twitter beef. This shower his level of maturity.

interesting, thanks for that. seems very odd.
Yeah, more details here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...cristobal-comments.175609/page-2#post-5689818

Including this exchange that I forgot about

****, interesting. Mario making him AHC must mean something in terms of what he likes from him as a coach and as a recruiter tho. And a lot of Oregon guys on the DL have gotten 1st and 2nd team honors the past few seasons. Guess we’ll see
And my reply
Shogungts:
As someone else pointed out, the way they rated his recruiting was relative with the reasoning being that pulling a 5 star to Duke is much harder than pulling one to Alabama, so the person at Duke should get more credit and vice versa. The Oregon guy said that over the last 5 years, Salavea was at the bottom of the relative rankings for DL in PAC12 and that includes his time at Washington State prior to Oregon. He was really flummoxed by the move as he didn't believe he was that great of a developer either (I believe he said a B or B+).

But yeah, I mean Mario obviously sees something in him considering he brought him along before he has a DC so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement

That was cringe. Wouldn’t want anyone in a leadership position like this leading young men.

Ruiz is cringe af but he’s not on staff

Brother, we’ve discussed this ad nauseam. Whether that was:

1. “Allegedly” sleeping w/ Xavier Worthy’s mom, which led his de-commitment from Michigan & landing at UT

2. B/c of his improprieties, not allowed to be on the recruiting trail while at Michigan

3. His issues w/ Michigan’s Admin

4. His departing text to some Michigan Players about how unappreciated he was in Ann Arbor

5. A little rift that existed between Locksley & Gattis while at Bama which manifested itself in the 2019 B1G kick off.

Dude is a mess, so it doesn’t surprise me to hear Ponce hated him. Apparently, bro thinks very highly of himself w/ a lack of humility.
OK. All I ask is for someone to substantiate their thought or points and you get no argument from me. And by the way, those are things I didn't know, so thanks for the insight.

Towards the end of the interview they mentioned an offensive coach that Mario liked, but it was tough for me to make out the name. Feldman was speaking, then Manny interrupted him and filled in the name but I didn't recognize it. Were you able to tell who he was talking about?
anyone know who they mentioned at end of podcast?

Big Joe needs to be off field. Addae needs to bounce.
I've been saying the same for awhile. Big Joe sucks *** at recruiting, but he helps with the Polynesians. Off field would be much better. My only question (assuming what Feldman said is true) is why did Mario bring Joe and pay him so much and make him Assistant Head Coach of he sucks?

Advertisement
Back