Feldman on Finebaum

Lol

"Homoerotic"?

You took it there? Lol

It's not that serious.

Kiffin isn't even my top candidate. But as a fan who doesn't live in South Florida, I'm objective enough to understand that living in South Florida is not for everyone. And, I suspect, many of the candidates better than Kiffin may not be interested in bringing their family to South Florida for anything other than vacations. Kiffin would take the job.

I'm also fairly certain the likelihood of Miami hiring Kiffin is greater than the likelihood of us hiring Butch. So, from a practicality perspective, I'm trying to help soften your, and others, disappointment. "Help me, help you"! Lol

Everyone keeps pointing out how Kiffin failed at USC, and USC is an equivalent situation to Miami. Well, Pete Carroll wasn't a hot name when he was hired ... He just turned out to be the right hire. And since then, Neither Kiffin or Sarkisian have done anything of significance, and those are the HCs they've have hired.

If USC can't get a huge name, or hire an established HC from another program who's won more than 9 games, what makes people think the Miami job will be so much more attractive???

And their model for success is much more recent than ours ...

Can we stop with the dismissing of UNC's football history?

The work Mack Brown did at UNC got him the Texas job. Texas would not have hired him if he hadn't built that program up. Butch was resurrecting what Mack had already built ... He wasn't building from scratch.

And as far as Kiffin is concerned, yall better get ready to accept him ... He comin'!

Give it up, dude. You might as well say lets take Harvard and Princeton's football history into account. Every school has some measure of football history.

Since Mack Brown had left in 1997, North Carolina had one 8 games once before Butch got there and had three 9 loss seasons. Any residual positive impact that Mack Brown had brought to the school had long since evaporated. It was starting from scratch in over a decade since they were relevant. And you're deliberately ignoring that Butch has history at Miami and was resurrecting or however you want to say it North Carolina. Get over yourself and your out there posts.

Lane Kiffin has failed or been fired at every place he has been a head coach and you want to crown with your weird borderline homoerotic obsession with him. The only one accepting and his coming is you and his wife at this rate. Let it go. There are at least 5 better options than him right now.

I didn't take it there. You put it out there. Stop whining.

And there's a load of people who would want to actually live in South Florida as the coach. You can take somebody from Port Arthur, Texas in Jimmy Johnson and have him thrive in South Florida and you can take the Southern California guy in Lane Kiffin who's currently living in Tuscaloosa. There's not some recipe for living policies.

And there's no reason tho think the University would go after Kiffin as of now. He dipped out on Tennessee after a year, attempted a 73 yard filed goal in Oakland when he knew he was getting fired as a middle finger to Al Davis, and he also got Tennessee a NCAA violation while trying to call Florida out for one. And take your own advice on help because you just backed off your support of Kiffin because it seems like his bubble of coaching acumen has decreased in your eyes.

All I've done in this post series was show how USC was not as bad off as Miami and I listed the recruiting numbers to prove that so you just made that up. Classes of 21, 29, and 17 recruits all averaging around 5th in ranking in the three years Kiffin was there is hardly what Miami went through. Pete Carroll had gone to the playoffs two out of his three years as the coach in New England and had won a playoff game so he actually was a hot name when he was hired if you, once again, attempted to do any research. And Sarkisian has been on the job for one year so to say, "He hasn't done anything of significance," off such a small sample is stupid. And he went 9-4, beat three ranked teams, and finished the season ranked 20th so I he has actually accomplished something.

As far as I know, Sarkisian was their first option for the position and the last time they hired a coach away from another college was when they hired Larry Smith away from Arizona in 1987. That's obviously not how they like to hire their coaches.

[MENTION=5232]Marc[/MENTION]hallrc13: Carroll had succeeded as a coordinator and I would call his Patriots tenure a push. Belichick had succeeded as a coordinator and got jobbed in Cleveland with the move when that team was very much on the cusp of winning. What coaches that failed multiple times have succeeded at the end of their tenure? And nobody called anyone names. He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to respond to it and if he can't handle that or the homoerotic obsession line, especially on this board, he's in the wrong place and needs a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMFAO!! Talmbout Kiffin losing to a 7-7 GT team and ignoring Butch lost to a 6-7 GT team. Losing to ANOTHER East Carolina team. Then trying to excuse Butch for going 0-4 to mighty NC State because O'Brien "built" teams to beat him. Losing to mighty 5-7, 6-7, and 5-7 NC State teams with less talented teams, like somehoe it's ok beccause they were close losses. But of course, O'Brien was "entrenched", **** he started the exact same time Butch did, but O'Brian was "entrenched"? GTFOH

MFer got that Butch **** blinding the **** out buddy, excuses out the ***

"Talmbout," is not a word.

That 2010 Butch team had the best players suspended as already evidenced earlier. That ECU team had 7 eventual NFL players. O'Brien has always built his team to beat Miami teams. He's said so in interviews because he's trying to cancel out athletic discrepancies. Research some football. And when your NFL players are true freshmen, somehow I feel that that doesn't exactly matter as much when they haven't exactly matured. That's like saying the UNC team that had Lawrence Taylor as a freshman was great because he was on the bus. My apologies about the NC State mistake. I was trying to express that O'Brien had still ben in the college ranks uninterrupted from 1997 to 2006 in the same conference for two years so he wasn't green like Butch wouldn't be today since he'd be coming back to a place he understands.

And that's rich talking about have dedication to a coach when all last year you were blowing Golden and how the team was going to be great. How'd that work out? Stick that material which you clearly know best.

Last edited:
LMFAO!! Talmbout Kiffin losing to a 7-7 GT team and ignoring Butch lost to a 6-7 GT team. Losing to ANOTHER East Carolina team. Then trying to excuse Butch for going 0-4 to mighty NC State because O'Brien "built" teams to beat him. Losing to mighty 5-7, 6-7, and 5-7 NC State teams with less talented teams, like somehoe it's ok beccause they were close losses. But of course, O'Brien was "entrenched", **** he started the exact same time Butch did, but O'Brian was "entrenched"? GTFOH

Yeah, I thought that was hilarious, too.

I was trying to let it go, since buddy started going with name-calling and personal attacks ... He was already making it more serious that it needed to be, so I figured I wouldn't escalate it by pointing out that O'Brien started at a woeful NC State program the same year as Butch going to UNC, or that those NC State teams O'Brien coached were not all that great ...

Buddy, I didn't call you a name but if that had hurt your feelings, I'm very sorry. You must be new to the board and the internet if you can't take the joke about homoerotic obsession and you're being soft-shouldered about it.

Once again, my apologies for my ****** typing moment about O'Brien. He had been at BC from 1997-2006 and in the ACC for two years so he was, "entrenched," in the sense I was trying to make. Butch was moving to a new state that had sucked for a decade and that's different than his potential coming back to Miami since the roots are there. What aren't you understanding?

Last edited:

That 2010 Butch team had the best players suspended as already evidenced earlier. That ECU team had 7 eventual NFL players. O'Brien has always built his team to beat Miami teams. He's said so in interviews because he's trying to cancel out athletic discrepancies. Research some football. And when your NFL players are true freshmen, somehow I feel that that doesn't exactly matter as much when they haven't exactly matured. That's like saying the UNC team that had Lawrence Taylor as a freshman was great because he was on the bus. My apologies about the NC State mistake. I was trying to express that O'Brien had still ben in the college ranks uninterrupted from 1997 to 2006 in the same conference for two years so he wasn't green like Butch wouldn't be today since he'd be coming back to a place he understands.

And that's rich talking about have dedication to a coach when all last year you were blowing Golden and how the team was going to be great. How'd that work out? Stick that material which you clearly know best.

More excuses.

On one end, Butch had NFL talent, but they were young. Now ECU had 7 eventual NFL players in 2010? Who were they?

O'Brien beat Butch at UNC 4 times straight, zero to do with O'Brien beating any Miami teams.

Great, anyone hiring Butch now, if it ever happens, now has to worry about how long he's been out the game.

GTFO, get the **** off your lips son, not a good look.

Dont get upset because Butch isnt a god you remember seeing in youtube clips. Needs uninterrupted time in college? That **** is precious. LMFAO.

Golden must be on your mind as it hasnt even been mentioned and really has nothing to do with Butch sucking *** at UNC.

Talmbout Entrenched?!?! :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

5-7 "entrenched" team whooped that Butch *** multiple times and this ninja making excuses.

Advertisement
Kiffin did such a fine job at Tennessee and USC, let's let him finish off UM. :sanford:

LOL

So, let me get this straight:

- Butch is awesome, except when he wasn't awesome ... And when he wasn't awesome, it wasn't his fault. It was the fault of the NCAA for reducing his scholarships, or suspending his players.

- And when bad programs beat him, that wasn't his fault, either. Those bad programs had more NFL talent on their rosters. Never mind the fact that none of those players from those bad programs went on to do much in the NFL ...

- And when Butch lost to less talented rosters, that's ok too ... Because those opposing HCs specifically built their teams to beat Butch ... And Butch should get credit for keeping those games close. (NC State was particularly bad from 2007-2009 - But that doesn't matter)

- Oh, and Butch's NFL record is of no consequence, either. It doesn't matter that he was significantly worse in years 3 and 4 on the job than he was in year 2 ... Winning less games in his 4th full season than Lane Kiffin did in his only full season in the NFL. That doesn't matter ...

- Nope! Doesn't matter that Butch was fired from an NFL job and fired from a college job, and left another college job that thought he was staying! He's still awesome!

But that Lane Kiffin guy getting fired from a college job and a pro job, who also left a college job who thought he was staying? He's a terrible guy, and unworthy of being HC at a program that has gone more than a decade without winning more than 9 games during a season.

What's that?

Butch was 44 years old when he got the Miami job ...

Kiffin is STILL 4 years younger than that ...

Doesn't matter! Butch was born awesome! Didn't develop over years in the profession. Didn't evolve from being a DL coach, to a DC, to a HC ... No, he was awesome from the very beginning!

****, Jimmy Johnson should probably thank Butch for agreeing to be on his staff!

Last edited:

More excuses.

On one end, Butch had NFL talent, but they were young. Now ECU had 7 eventual NFL players in 2010? Who were they?

O'Brien beat Butch at UNC 4 times straight, zero to do with O'Brien beating any Miami teams.

Great, anyone hiring Butch now, if it ever happens, now has to worry about how long he's been out the game.

GTFO, get the **** off your lips son, not a good look.

Dont get upset because Butch isnt a god you remember seeing in youtube clips. Needs uninterrupted time in college? That **** is precious. LMFAO.

Golden must be on your mind as it hasnt even been mentioned and really has nothing to do with Butch sucking *** at UNC.

Talmbout Entrenched?!?! :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

You say excuses when it's really context. Is this a concept you don't understand?

I thought the ECU team you were referring to was the ones he lost to at Miami. My mistake. But the ECU team he lost to did have Chris Johnson and it was his first year there so there's that if you care to do some research.

And once again, you are wrong. Butch was building his UNC teams the same way he built the Miami teams: By taking the best athletes available. O'Brien's style of coaching is designed to cancel that out. Once again, a fairly easy concept to grasp if you try.

Your commas are placed incorrectly but the point of your sort of sentence is true. He's been out of the game for while but thankfully at Miami he'd hit the ground running!

You enjoy thinking of homosexual encounters? That's fine. I accept your and your less than common sexual orientation but please do not try to recruit me for such actions. It's just not for me.

I'm far from upset. You're the one getting mighty angry but maybe it's just because you're just cranky or need a nap. I'm glad you support bringing Buch back.

Of course Golden's on my mind. He's still the coach unfortunately. Did you forget that too, my elder friend? And Butch didn't suck *** at UNC as evidenced by his his multiple winning seasons that UNC hadn't had in the entire history of the program.

You must've missed my earlier point that, "Talmbout," is not a word and capitalizing, "entrenched," is also inaccurate.

And those entrenched teams beat Butch by an average of 3 points sans one year in 2008. I'm glad you're coming around the correct way of thinking but I am also not a ninja and your flurry of inaccuracies and lies must be invalidated.

Here's some research for the guy who thinks Pete Carroll was a "hot name" when he was hired by USC.

The guy sat out the entire 2000 season because he couldn't get an offer, other than DC.

And when USC hired him, he was their 4TH option ...

Carroll also wasn't well received by the USC fans and boosters ... Because he WASN'T a hot name!

Advertisement
NOW its context. Maybe you should have known Butch cant beat ECU, especially when they have atleast 1 NFL player. That is precious.

Talmbout 8 wins 4 years straight is now the building blocks of a badass team? LMFAO!

5-7,6-7, and 5-7 whooped that ***, but its ok for you because it was ONLY by an average of 3 points. Well dam, that should count as a win then.

we should make a poll asking whether being around Saban will make Kiffin a better HC or not.

LOL

So, let me get this straight:

- Butch is awesome, except when he wasn't awesome ... And when he wasn't awesome, it wasn't his fault. It was the fault of the NCAA for reducing his scholarships, or suspending his players.

- And when bad programs beat him, that wasn't his fault, either. Those bad programs had more NFL talent on their rosters. Never mind the fact that none of those players from those bad programs went on to do much in the NFL ...

- And when Butch lost to less talented rosters, that's ok too ... Because those opposing HCs specifically built their teams to beat Butch ... And Butch should get credit for keeping those games close. (NC State was particularly bad from 2007-2009 - But that doesn't matter)

- Oh, and Butch's NFL record is of no consequence, either. It doesn't matter that he was significantly worse in years 3 and 4 on the job than he was in year 2 ... Winning less games in his 4th season full season than Lane Kiffin did in his only full season in the NFL. That doesn't matter ...

- Nope! Doesn't matter that Butch was fired from an NFL job and fired from a college job, and left another college job that thought he was staying! He's still awesome!

But that Lane Kiffin guy getting fired from a college job and a pro job, who also left a college job who thought he was staying? He's a terrible guy, and unworthy of being HC at a program that has gone more than a decade without winning more than 9 games during a season.

What's that?

Butch was 44 years old when he got the Miami job ...

Kiffin is STILL 4 years younger than that ...

Doesn't matter! Butch was born awesome! Didn't develop over years in the profession. Didn't evolve from being a DL coach, to a DC, to a HC ... No, he was awesome from the very beginning!

****, Jimmy Johnson should probably thank Butch for agreeing to be on his staff!

You are now engaging in the logical fallacy of overstating my argument. Allow me to correct some of your mistakes.

1. Butch is awesome. When he wasn't awesome, there was context that you have outright ignored but he definitely has made some bad coaching decisions like the Penn State game in 1999 and even he had the deep safety look against GT a few times. Those are bad but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

2. Butch had his bad losses like his loss to the ECU team in 1996 is fairly inexcusable. The 1999 loss to ECU is bad but not as bad as you want to pretend it is. And the fact that the teams that he lost to had more NFL talent is relevant and that those guys did nothing in the NFL is not. NFL talent is NFL talent so thats just a smokescreen by you. But even still, that GT loss in 2010 even with all his suspended players the talent was close enough where he more than likely should've pulled it out.

3. Well the 1986 Penn State that beat Miami was nowhere near as good as we were but schematically and stylistically they were built to beat them and lo and behold they did. As far as I know, only O'Brien built his team to beat Butch and he is cut from that same cloth of style so the NC State teams were built to beat athletic teams like Butch, per O'Brien himself. Do you know of other coaches who have admitted the same thing? NC State was bad in that time frame and that does matter but to pretend inherent scheme advantages don't is being ignorant.

4. We hadn't brought up Butch's NFL record but I'm glad you did. He took the team to the playoffs in Year 2 and then crashed back down to Earth. The stystem fell apart and he proved that he belonged in college where he had been a winner, something Lane Kiffin has not done and you saying that Kiffin won more games in his only NFL year than Butch did in Year 4 is deliberately disingenuous because Year 4 Butch was only 11 games so there was a whole 5 games of wiggle room that you are electing to ignore.

5. He was fired from the NFl. He was fired from UNC not because of football reasons so now you're just ignoring facts. He strung Miami along to bolt for the NFL and once again that has nothing to do with coaching and is a whole lot better than hopping to another college but still he's in the wrong there.

Lane Kiffin got fired from his college job because he was losing. Butch didn't. That's the major point of all this that you seem to be missing. He left one college job to go to another college job. That's the difference. I don't know if he's a terrible guy but he's a pedestrian head coach that learned under Carroll and was bad in college with stacked rosters of top 5 talent and now that he's been under Saban for a whole year people think he's undergone some huge changes and I don't really think that's accurate.

Thank you for pointing out their respective ages. I invalidate that argument as Butch did grow and develop from DL, to DC, to HC under a great coach while Kiffin also learned under a great coach and is a good position coach, OC, but has failed as HC at three places. That's just the smudge of a difference. So the age of failing seems like a minute point. But Butch did develop. If only Kiffin had completed the evolution.

I wouldn't go that far about Jimmy Johnson but I like the way you think on that point!

Here's some research for the guy who thinks Pete Carroll was a "hot name" when he was hired by USC.

The guy sat out the entire 2000 season because he couldn't get an offer, other than DC.

Carroll also wasn't well received by the USC fans and boosters ... Because he WASN'T a hot name!

Pete Carroll Named USC Football Coach - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

Meh. Apparently he was well received. And coaches have sat out to continue collecting their NFL buyouts before.

Advertisement
NOW its context. Maybe you should have known Butch cant beat ECU, especially when they have atleast 1 NFL player. That is precious.

Talmbout 8 wins 4 years straight is now the building blocks of a badass team? LMFAO!

5-7,6-7, and 5-7 whooped that ***, but its ok for you because it was ONLY by an average of 3 points. Well dam, that should count as a win then.

It's always been context. I did not know which ECU loss you were referring to but since we are specifying the 2007 one, that ECU team actually had three eventual NFLer's with Johnson, Stanley Bryant, and Travis Williams but Johnson was the only worth mentioning.

"Talmbout," is still not a word, you Silly Goose.

You said, "whooped that ***," and I showed how that was inaccurate again. You're welcome.

It's always been context. I did not know which ECU loss you were referring to but since we are specifying the 2007 one, that ECU team actually had three eventual NFLer's with Johnson, Stanley Bryant, and Travis Williams but Johnson was the only worth mentioning.

You said, "whooped that ***," and I showed how that was inaccurate again. You're welcome.

A freshman Johnson, Stanley Bryant who wasnt drafted and didnt make a NFL team? and no Travis Williams in 2007? That's the excuse?

Talmbout didnt whoop that ***, yet lost 4 times in a row, including a 41-10 beatdown at home against a sorry 6-7 team.

Did you really link the USC press announcement to validate they were happy about the hire???

LOL

Carroll was named the Trojans' head coach on December 15, 2000, signing a five-year contract after USC had gone through a tumultuous 18-day search to replace fired coach Paul Hackett. He was not the Trojans' first choice, and was considered a long shot as the USC Athletic Department under Director Mike Garrett initially planned to hire a high-profile coach with recent college experience. Meanwhile Carroll, who had not coached in over a year and not coached in the college ranks since 1983, drew unfavorable comparisons to the outgoing Hackett.

USC first pursued then Oregon State coach Dennis Erickson, who instead signed a contract extension with the Beavers; then Oregon coach Mike Bellotti, who similarly signed an extension. The search then moved to the San Diego Chargers coach Mike Riley, who had been an assistant coach at USC before later becoming the head coach of Oregon State. Stuck in contractual obligations to the Chargers (who were still in the midst of an NFL season) and hesitating about moving his family, Riley was unable to give a firm answer, opening an opportunity for Carroll, the school's fourth choice.

Carroll actively pursued the position, as his daughter, Jaime, was then a player on the school's successful volleyball team.[18] After the first three primary candidates turned down the position, USC hired Carroll. Under Garrett, USC had tried to recruit Carroll to be their head coach in 1997, while he was coaching the Patriots, but Carroll was unable to take the position. The second time the opening came up, Daryl Gross, then senior associate athletic director for USC, recommended Carroll to Garrett based on his experience as a former scout for the New York Jets while Carroll coached there. Garrett cited Carroll's intelligence, energy and reputation as a defensive specialist as reasons for his hire.
The choice of Carroll for USC's head coaching position was openly criticized by the media and many USC fans, primarily because of USC's stagnation under the outgoing Hackett and Carroll's record as a head coach in the NFL and being nearly two decades removed from the college level. Garrett took particular criticism for the hire, with the press tying his future with Carroll's after he had to fire two head coaches in four years for USC's premiere athletic coaching position. Former NFL players (including USC alumni), such as Ronnie Lott, Gary Plummer, Tim McDonald and Willie McGinest offered their support for Carroll, who they noted had a player-friendly, easygoing style that might suit the college game and particularly recruiting. The USC Athletic Department received 2,500 e-mails, faxes and phone calls from alumni—mostly critical—and a number of donors asking for Carroll's removal before they would donate again.

Pete Carroll Named USC Football Coach - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

Meh. Apparently he was well received. And coaches have sat out to continue collecting their NFL buyouts before.

Advertisement
the internet says its a word, must be true:

Always glad to drop some knowledge on the kids.

talmbout
1. a conjuction of the words talking & about
2. refering to; asking a question
3. Yelled at broads when leaving the club to see whats poppin
4.to plot or scheme

1. As nicole walked out of chris's house, he yelled "what u talmbout?!?!?!?
2. What yall talmbout?
3. When Chris & D-rock saw some fat butt chicks leaving the club drunk, they holler'ed "yall aint talmbout it".

A freshman Johnson, Stanley Bryant who wasnt drafted and didnt make a NFL team? and no Travis Williams in 2007? That's the excuse?

Talmbout didnt whoop that ***, yet lost 4 times in a row, including a 41-10 beatdown at home against a sorry 6-7 team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_East_Carolina_Pirates_football_team

Chris Johnson was a senior on that team. Bryant was still on a roster so that does count practice squad or not. It's like Brandon Washington for us. Travis Williams also made a practice squad for the Chiefs apparently.

I already addressed that point about getting beat and how other than that one loss they did not get their *** whooped to quote you even though that one particular loss is bad. Now you're starting to get it.

the internet says its a word, must be true:

Always glad to drop some knowledge on the kids.

talmbout
1. a conjuction of the words talking & about
2. refering to; asking a question
3. Yelled at broads when leaving the club to see whats poppin
4.to plot or scheme

1. As nicole walked out of chris's house, he yelled "what u talmbout?!?!?!?
2. What yall talmbout?
3. When Chris & D-rock saw some fat butt chicks leaving the club drunk, they holler'ed "yall aint talmbout it".

Even if you want to assume it's a word, then your context has shifted in terms of accuracy and urbandictionary is not an authenticated word source as defined and determined by the Dictionary Society of North America. #TheMoreYouKnow .

Advertisement
Back