Feeley effect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I remember some were. I didn’t really understand the criticism considering all of the praise he was getting from coaches and players. Seemed like every player that was interviewed always brought up how hard Feeley pushed them. It’s definitely a HUGE upgrade from Gus and unfortunately even an upgrade from Swasey during the Al Golden era. I will put that one on AG though because he wanted all the focus on how big his players could get and we lost our team speed. With Feeley our guys are gaining lean mass while also focusing on SPEED!!! That makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY because that was always our advantage over opponents was our speed. Also from what I have gathered the players love Feeley and they want to go all out for him and he makes work outs interesting and also fun so players don’t get bored and burned out. I definitely have noticed a HUGE difference with less fatigue, less injuries, less cramps, and not giving up in the 4th quarter since he took over the strength and conditioning program. I personally think Feeley was a GREAT hire and we are lucky to have him!!!
People forget when we played UF everyone said physically we were in better condition against an SEC SEC school.

FACTS

Go Canes

I think McLaughlin has made some great gains but that side by side pick is a little misleading. I believe that picture is from when he was a junior and just had transitioned over from TE. The bottom pic you posted of him at the coin toss is a little more indicative of what he looked like his senior year. Feeley and him both deserve praise but that transformation has been going on a bit longer than the 6 months he’s been enrolled. Here is another pic from his senior season:
21E9BA14-E663-41E1-850C-8F172D55C8A2.jpeg

Where are the Eric Winston or Jason Fox comparisons, lol? I really liked his commitment. Felt he was a project with a very high ceiling. I'm not sure he'll be ready until year 3 though.

Advertisement
As most Olinemen should be usually…

trenches is a grown man area…

Agree, I just don't want the CIS brigade to start talking about the next true freshman phenom at tackle and then lose faith in McGlaughlin while he takes a few years to bake.

Advertisement
Back