Feeley and Garin Justice

Clearly someone who has never played a snap of football.

It's not always about how much weight you can lift in the weight room, I mean that's rarely the case, if that were it then why doesn't the NFL just raid the Olympic lifting athletes with Gold medals or find the local Gold's gym?

It's a combination of leverage angles, play calling, down and distance, physiological items, etc.
Justice controls using physiological limitation or exceptions to their best of their ability.
Feeley only controls strength and conditioning.

If you think they are the reason for no "push" it's rarely to do with those two, and more to do with just experience. It's why Wisconsin or a Boston College have good OLs because they have RS Jrs and Srs every year.
Wisconsin also has had much more talented guys, and the nfl notices.

It’s not one thing alone but strength definitely counts. Larry Allen wasn’t the goat because of pure technique.

It’s also punch, quickness, hands, arm length, balance, footwork, decision making. team play, scheme, etc. And yes, experience - RS JRs do matter.

Hopefully Justice and Feeley can get more out of what we got. Sure better hope Justice can improve our evals and bring in more talent also. Depth helps you redshirt kids which leads to more developed and experienced guys playing.

Advertisement
Our OL was improved and our guys conditioning wasnt a problem.... where I saw a problem was running the ball straight up the middle into the same spot everytime... no draws, counters, sweeps or reverses... it was up the middle or RPO
Trashlee

thats my thought also. Scaife needs to be at center. We can’t keep rolling Gaynor out there. Also rivers and Donaldson will get us that push up front we severely lacked this year. Zion has LT locked so now we just need to find a RT
Exactly and maybe let Walker and Campbell battle it out for RT then

If we are serious about oline we need to find replacements for Gaynor and Clark ATLEAST. Scaife was one of worst olineman from start to finish last year but for some reason alot of people make excuses for him.. You cant roll into Bama with those guys if you are a serious football team.. Gaynor first step is backwards half the time against OSU, what is Bama gonna do to him?

That interior oline is a hot mess.. Thank all of them for their time and wish them luck, we are better off doing something different

If we are serious about oline we need to find replacements for Gaynor and Clark ATLEAST. Scaife was one of worst olineman from start to finish last year but for some reason alot of people make excuses for him.. You cant roll into Bama with those guys if you are a serious football team.. Gaynor first step is backwards half the time against OSU, what is Bama gonna do to him?

That interior oline is a hot mess.. Thank all of them for their time and wish them luck, we are better off doing something different
lol at thinking the guys behind them are better.

hope is not a strategy.

our problems run deep.

Advertisement
lol at thinking the guys behind them are better.

hope is not a strategy.

our problems run deep.
I dont know if they are better, we have been at this for 15+ years.. There are fundamental issues that start at the top, I dont even think the university cares to commit to win championships, think they are just happy to invest as least as possible as cheaply as possible to keep the fans quiet enough to pocket acc money off winning teams..

But just based off what I have seen on the field, you cant trot guys like gaynor back out there..

just not sure what any of you guys expected in terms of a massive leap with no spring or summer and covid knocking out a ton of the OL guys? we did improve on the line, but the weaknesses weren't gonna suddenly become strengths if the roster isnt changed.

If here is anything the oline need to improve on it is pulling and blitz pickup. That said Gaynor can get all the way outta my face. Dude is terrible. Low snaps, and gets bullrushed into the QB too often.

that’s all there is to it. We have low 3 star players and they have elite first rd players. Their lineman are massive monsters and we have tiny Gaynor and Clarke.

what we need it’s to recruit better. Next year our line needs to look like this. Hopefully these guys develop and get stronger.

LT: Zion
LG: Rivers/ Campbell
Center:Clarke/Scaife
RG: Donaldson
RT: Not really sure
Agree Campbell needs to be a guard. Interesting to see if Scaife can make the move to C, if not I think he needs to kick back out to RT. Either way I know the dude for sure is not a guard

Advertisement
If here is anything the oline need to improve on it is pulling and blitz pickup. That said Gaynor can get all the way outta my face. Dude is terrible. Low snaps, and gets bullrushed into the QB too often.
Remember last offseason when everyone wanted to sign Gaynors significantly less talented cousin because of Corey???? ahhh Good times!!!

Agree Campbell needs to be a guard. Interesting to see if Scaife can make the move to C, if not I think he needs to kick back out to RT. Either way I know the dude for sure is not a guard

Scaife isn’t a guard so his only shot to see the field is at Center or RT I agree.

we need to find a stronger center who can actually hike the ball though. Gaynor must be really good at calling out defense plays/schemes or something. Maybe he is smarter than the rest and is needed to start at Center but the kid just isn’t good enough for what Miami needs to be successful

that’s all there is to it. We have low 3 star players and they have elite first rd players. Their lineman are massive monsters and we have tiny Gaynor and Clarke.

what we need it’s to recruit better. Next year our line needs to look like this. Hopefully these guys develop and get stronger.

LT: Zion
LG: Rivers/ Campbell
Center:Clarke/Scaife
RG: Donaldson
RT: Not really sure

You should check the draft history of Miami offensive lineman vs Clemson since Dabo has been there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back