Feeley and Garin Justice

Advertisement
We get zero push. ZERO. The only time in the last 5yrs I can remember picking up short yardage through will is with our man Chocolate at FB. We are soft upfront and that job falls on both Justice and Feeley. We need to get better upfront otherwise we could have Bill Walsh calling plays and AA's at every skill position and still be 8-3. That dynamic needs to be addressed and fixed. NO MORE CODDLING!!! Say what you want about our WR's, but our OL shares a lot of blame in our mediocrity.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Clearly someone who has never played a snap of football.

It's not always about how much weight you can lift in the weight room, I mean that's rarely the case, if that were it then why doesn't the NFL just raid the Olympic lifting athletes with Gold medals or find the local Gold's gym?

It's a combination of leverage angles, play calling, down and distance, physiological items, etc.
Justice controls using physiological limitation or exceptions to their best of their ability.
Feeley only controls strength and conditioning.

If you think they are the reason for no "push" it's rarely to do with those two, and more to do with just experience. It's why Wisconsin or a Boston College have good OLs because they have RS Jrs and Srs every year.
Agreed. People forget that OL have to be athletic, strong and have good technique. My roommate played OL and I have so much respect for those guys upfront. The beating they take is beyond what most of us can comprehend.

And if it were only about strength, then guys like Cleveland Reed would be crushing it. ****, Tony Mandarich... My point is, it ain't all about strength with these guys.

The line was still sub par but you can only play the hand you’re dealt. All the coaching and training in the world isn’t going to make some of these guys into good players. Some guys did show a bunch of improvement too. The situation will be even better next season

Advertisement
Agreed. People forget that OL have to be athletic, strong and have good technique. My roommate played OL and I have so much respect for those guys upfront. The beating they take is beyond what most of us can comprehend.

And if it were only about strength, then guys like Cleveland Reed would be crushing it. ****, Tony Mandarich... My point is, it ain't all about strength with these guys.
Coached OL for Varsity regional age groups and college, in Canada mind you, **** just the discipline with hands and eyes you have to have on an IZ concept, with defensive players going every which way, its tough enough, then as a player you have to figure out which player or half of player you have to "push" as the OP stated, all with .5 of second.

That's why experience on the OL is a wonderful thing.

You can see the OL is trending upward for the team, it's gotta be part of the reason King was cool with staying back. "I get to keep essentially my entire OL back for next year?" that's gotta be a positive, plus you didn't have big 'Vaughn in there.

Alabama is going to be the a good test for the boys, but they probably saw something equal to or greater than that in the Clemson front 4 this year.

OL next year is the least of my concerns, we need some guys on the outside (i.e., WR) to make some explosive plays. As everyone quotes Saban nowadays, football is all about the offense nowadays, so adapt or die!

Our OL was improved and our guys conditioning wasnt a problem.... where I saw a problem was running the ball straight up the middle into the same spot everytime... no draws, counters, sweeps or reverses... it was up the middle or RPO
I think you are on to something. Do we have any running plays to the outside, to the left or to the right?

Our guys passed the eye test in the off season. That aint good enough. You and Justice need to get in the lab and figure out how get some dam push up front. We got solid backs who've flashed brilliance and resolve at times but no back will effective without open lanes and FAR too often out run game has been stuffed due to lack of any meaningful push. It was Justice's 1st year so its somewhat forgivable for him but next year we expect to the line take a strong step forward.
Who's you?

Clearly someone who has never played a snap of football.

It's not always about how much weight you can lift in the weight room, I mean that's rarely the case, if that were it then why doesn't the NFL just raid the Olympic lifting athletes with Gold medals or find the local Gold's gym?

It's a combination of leverage angles, play calling, down and distance, physiological items, etc.
Justice controls using physiological limitation or exceptions to their best of their ability.
Feeley only controls strength and conditioning.

If you think they are the reason for no "push" it's rarely to do with those two, and more to do with just experience. It's why Wisconsin or a Boston College have good OLs because they have RS Jrs and Srs every year.
I've played tons of football including OL. You speak of what each controls but whe pit together what does it equal? You were saying something about never playing a down of football?

Advertisement
Expect to see a jump in production with spring practices and a full year with him as the coach.
I can grant a pass for this season as it was his first but at the same time I expect see the line take some steps forward next season too.

Who said it was ONLY about strength. I'll make this simple. I addressed both the strength and conditioning coach as well as the O line coach. Whe. They put their heads together and get on the same page what normally....... nevermind. Smh.

Advertisement
The 4 teams in the playoffs all have 1 thing in common

they all have a roster full of blue chip OL

that’s all there is to it. We have low 3 star players and they have elite first rd players. Their lineman are massive monsters and we have tiny Gaynor and Clarke.

what we need it’s to recruit better. Next year our line needs to look like this. Hopefully these guys develop and get stronger.

LT: Zion
LG: Rivers/ Campbell
Center:Clarke/Scaife
RG: Donaldson
RT: Not really sure

Rivers and big Don at the guard spots with Scaife at center, problem solved

thats my thought also. Scaife needs to be at center. We can’t keep rolling Gaynor out there. Also rivers and Donaldson will get us that push up front we severely lacked this year. Zion has LT locked so now we just need to find a RT

We get zero push. ZERO. The only time in the last 5yrs I can remember picking up short yardage through will is with our man Chocolate at FB. We are soft upfront and that job falls on both Justice and Feeley. We need to get better upfront otherwise we could have Bill Walsh calling plays and AA's at every skill position and still be 8-3. That dynamic needs to be addressed and fixed. NO MORE CODDLING!!! Say what you want about our WR's, but our OL shares a lot of blame in our mediocrity.

Go Canes!
D. u. m. b.

Advertisement
Back