Federal Judge to Al Golden: "Eat a ****" (paraphrased)

Advertisement
When arrogance goes incredibly wrong. Too arrogant to adjust his defense. Too arrogant to take his severance package he agreed to take. His arrogance has cost him a HC career and many millions along with a ton of stress.

I'd have to imagine that always being the smartest guy in the room is a heavy burden to carry. Its not easy being Golden or Dorito.

I started to write an article about this very topic but did not publish it. The general thesis is that its different with Al Golden than any other coach we've had.
He alienated former players by keeping them away. That was my first big warning sign. I wasn't as tuned in as I am now because I actually had a life.

I wasn't on this board during his time, but you have no idea how much I hated that *******.

I'm usually very fair & willing to give a coach a chance, with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have, he lost to Buffalo, Bowling Green, Ohio, Western Mich, Kent St, Villa****inNova (a school that doesn't even care about Football), UCLA & a bunch others at Temple. It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC, then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA & I wanted him gone after that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again, he should've been fired after that game, I never wanted him in the 1st place but BOTH LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak, should've been fired again, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history in the disaster vs Clemson before the adminstration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did near irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & it's taken **** near 5 years & 2 staffs to truly reverse & repair what he did to Miami. He was complete fckin joke & should've never been hired in the first place.

Seriously I have personal disdain for Folden... I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down, I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

He was way worse than Shannon & Coker IMO & his game day coaching was as bad as vomit soup.
I hated that man so much & the post game "handshake" moment he had with Dabo after he got raped by him perfectly encapsulates who was/is as a man... A big ****ìn nothing.
I can't argue with any of it. The history is perfect. It's crazy how many times he should have been sacked. I remember being in total disbelief in 2014 that he wasn't made redundant. After the resume he had build, how on earth was he not fired? I'd love to know what was said at post-Independence Bowl meetings after that dumpster fire of a year.

When he was hired, he was far from my first choice. I called for Patterson again (as I had when Clappy was let go). My 2nd choice was the Mad Mullet, Mike Gundy.

But with Folden, I had these thoughts: well, he got Temple winning games, so surely he can win with more talent. My second thought was more ominous, namely, that when he had talent and was expected to win, his Temple teams failed in literally every important game. They just couldn't cross the final hurdle into relevance. And that was the rotten cheeseburger we got.

Advertisement
It's actually paterno's defense that he came up with because they didn't have the athlete's and it primarily relied on 2 things, when the field shrunk, and giving up fieldgoals.
Correct, it was the guy that turned a blind eye to a pedophile and that pedophile's defense.

Let me ask you something and correct me if I’m wrong. Didn’t you have some big back-and-forth with some idiots swearing the Golden was owed this money and Miami was just being cheap?

I’ve vaguely remember it, but since you were in the middle of it, you probably have a better recollection. I think I remember reading that and kind of chuckling that people here would be so insistent on knowing the buyout details of a contract that was not published
Of course I was. It's all crickets now though.

P.S. Next time some mental midget on here tries to tell me Coach X is owed $20M on his buyout because there's 5 years left on his contract, and he gets paid $4M/year, I'm going to print that article out and shove it up their culo.

Been trying to tell you for years on here that unless you have access to the contract, you have no idea what is owed on a buyout, but you never listen. You goofy ******** have no clue about contracts or what's in them. Let that $2M buyout on Folden's remaining 5 years marinate.

I was arguing about this to the point I just gave up. People are stuck on stupid.

Advertisement
It seems we have a knack for finding head coaches that turn out to be lifetime coordinators after ******** our program over. With the AD and BOT we have making these decisions, we’re stuck on a treadmill to nowhere.
That being said, Golden was not only a horrible H C, but a horrible person as well.

golden was hired for one reason and ONLY one reason. Public Relations.

before his hiring a little smelly ******* dwarf named Shalala was on notice of the upcoming investigation/sanctions. her job wasn't to find the best football coach, but find the cleanest best PR person that could disguise as a football coach. And she found that person in Golden. He was a PR hit. he did an admirable job of pretending to care for the kids and the program and fighting the investigation and it worked until the NCAA hired one fat azzed **** ballena apestosa named Maria Elena Perez, former counsel to a dwarf scammer, to dig dog caca on The University of Miami. Then the tables and leverage turned and the dwarf smelly ******* put the screws to the NCAA and poof it was over as fast as 58-0.

Attachments

• perez_maria_elena_jad_4-Article-201404091345.jpg
    perez_maria_elena_jad_4-Article-201404091345.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
It was Golden's defense, go back and watch when we played PSU in the Natty, it's the same exact defense. Golden also ran that garbage *** defense when He was DC at UVA.
That's correct. Golden was from the Al Groh coaching tree. They're disciples of the Parcells/Bellicheck 3-4 defense.

Still as a head coach, you're not tied to anything. He could have easily said "this isn't working here" and brought in someone with a different philosophy. That would have taken humility to admit his own preferred defense was a flop though and Golden's ego was too big to admit he might have made a mistake. Every coach makes mistakes. The good ones make changes to correct them. The bad ones are too stubborn to admit their mistakes and go down with the ship.

Advertisement
I started to write an article about this very topic but did not publish it. The general thesis is that its different with Al Golden than any other coach we've had.

i agree.

even butch, who always spoke with forked tongue, and created a lot of dissension, controversy, and ill will ....

even erickson, who spent a ton of time with a vodka bottle in hand, and always had a deep love/hate relationship with his job at UM ....

even richt, who was loyal to the U, but tired and burned out and passed his sell-by date ....

NONE of them attracted the unanimous vitriol from the fan base as Folden.

that guy is a walking lesson in how to slowly orchestrate a self inflicted implosion.

golden was hired for one reason and ONLY one reason. Public Relations.

before his hiring a little smelly ******* dwarf named Shalala was on notice of the upcoming investigation/sanctions. her job wasn't to find the best football coach, but find the cleanest best PR person that could disguise as a football coach. And she found that person in Golden. He was a PR hit. he did an admirable job of pretending to care for the kids and the program and fighting the investigation and it worked until the NCAA hired one fat azzed **** ballena apestosa named Maria Elena Perez, former counsel to a dwarf scammer, to dig dog caca on The University of Miami. Then the tables and leverage turned and the dwarf smelly ******* put the screws to the NCAA and poof it was over as fast as 58-0.

that woman's cheeks bypass her jawline and connect straight to her neck.

Advertisement
i agree.

even butch, who always spoke with forked tongue, and created a lot of dissension, controversy, and ill will ....

even erickson, who spent a ton of time with a vodka bottle in hand, and always had a deep love/hate relationship with his job at UM ....

even richt, who was loyal to the U, but tired and burned out and passed his sell-by date ....

NONE of them attracted the unanimous vitriol from the fan base as Folden.

that guy is a walking lesson in how to slowly orchestrate a self inflicted implosion.
Agreed. We fans can disagree with or dislike decisions made by any of the previous coaches but there's no actual hate for any of those guys like there is for Al Golden. Even a guy like Randy Shannon who's coaching tenure here was pretty much one mistake followed by another does not get the disdain that I have for Golden.

That's correct. Golden was from the Al Groh coaching tree. They're disciples of the Parcells/Bellicheck 3-4 defense.

Still as a head coach, you're not tied to anything. He could have easily said "this isn't working here" and brought in someone with a different philosophy. That would have taken humility to admit his own preferred defense was a flop though and Golden's ego was too big to admit he might have made a mistake. Every coach makes mistakes. The good ones make changes to correct them. The bad ones are too stubborn to admit their mistakes and go down with the ship.
true. but the defense 'Onofrio (No D) was running, was a far cry from the Patriots/Belichick defense of the past 15+ years. both in its concepts and in its execution.

what No D and Folden had, was some version that just didn't work

true. but the defense 'Onofrio (No D) was running, was a far cry from the Patriots/Belichick defense of the past 15+ years. both in its concepts and in its execution.

what No D and Folden had, was some version that just didn't work
i still remember Orlando Alzugaray at the ACC kickoff event questioning Golden with pictures to boot why the the linebackers with 4 yards deep when the GT had the ball at the one yard line.

Advertisement
Back