Federal Judge to Al Golden: "Eat a ****" (paraphrased)

Advertisement
The ultimate example of a head coach too stubborn for his own good. He was dead set on keeping D’Onofrio and his garbage defense despite the mountains of evidence that it sucked. It cost him a bunch of money and his job.
I always felt there were a lot of similarities between AG and Tony Dungy here in Tampa. Tallented roster, but too loyal to underperforming coordinators who were a liability. Shapiro ****show wasn't his fault, but the staff was all on him.

Advertisement
Al most likely torpedoed his own chance of ever getting another chance as a HC in college with this lawsuit. What AD/school is going to hire a guy who has a past of suing his own school if things go south?

Al is/was his own worst enemy.
This.

I always felt there were a lot of similarities between AG and Tony Dungy here in Tampa. Tallented roster, but too loyal to underperforming coordinators who were a liability. Shapiro ****show wasn't his fault, but the staff was all on him.
I see the comparison but I think it's unfair to Tony Dungy. At the time he was the greatest coach in Bucs franchise history. He was generally successful there, he just couldn't get over the hump. Golden sucked. He presided over some of the worst seasons in modern Miami history.

Dungy eventually got a championship with the Colts. Golden ain't winning ****.

Advertisement
I see the comparison but I think it's unfair to Tony Dungy. At the time he was the greatest coach in Bucs franchise history. He was generally successful there, he just couldn't get over the hump. Golden sucked. He presided over some of the worst seasons in modern Miami history.

Dungy eventually got a championship with the Colts. Golden ain't winning ****.
What made Golden so much worse was that there was a significant amount of talent on his teams. It takes an epic moron to be playing AJ Highsmith and Kacy Rogers over Deon Bush and Rayshawn Jenkins.

Let those names marinate for a minute.

Al most likely torpedoed his own chance of ever getting another chance as a HC in college with this lawsuit. What AD/school is going to hire a guy who has a past of suing his own school if things go south?

Sucking that badly at Miami torpedoed his chance of getting another HC gig in college.

Advertisement

Didn't Randy Shannon sue too?

They didn't have to. In fact, it's pretty obvious from the summary judgment that Folden shouldn't have.
shannon did. I read a lot of the materials in the Golden litigation and it seems his expectations would be that he would be paid the $6MM and that his agent might have stepped in dog caca.

Advertisement
The ultimate example of a head coach too stubborn for his own good. He was dead set on keeping D’Onofrio and his garbage defense despite the mountains of evidence that it sucked. It cost him a bunch of money and his job.
We keep saying if he got rid of No D but that was the defense he wanted to run. It wasn't going to change.

Am excited about the changes Shanny made in the off, but until we dominate lessers and beat shoulds consistently, I haven't forgotten dearth of overall leadership LATE last year. Waiting to see if we can be competitive with Brigham Young Episcopalian if a game gets cancelled due to COVID.

Advertisement
Back