Federal Judge to Al Golden: "Eat a ****" (paraphrased)

It was Golden's defense, go back and watch when we played PSU in the Natty, it's the same exact defense. Golden also ran that garbage *** defense when He was DC at UVA.
It's actually paterno's defense that he came up with because they didn't have the athlete's and it primarily relied on 2 things, when the field shrunk, and giving up fieldgoals. Its also the same dumb *** defense don shula ran for years when we had lankford and judson playing 10 and 15yrds off the line of scrimmage. This is another reason shula primarily was drafting big 10 guys as well besides his other ignorant *** problem that alot of guy from his era came from, so they couldn't stand Miami guys, we never were easily controlled, F that.

What was funny, it was a guy I knew for a lil while, all of sudden, I tried to turn the t.v. change at this gym we went to, he was asking, what you looking for, I said the Miami game, just so happen this guy actually went to penn st. and played for paterno back in the day, I think he made a comment that he's surprised we haven't been relevant and fell off, so when I proceeded to let em know why, and told him what defense those morons were running at Miami, he couldn't believe it. His exact words as I recall, "NO WAY, I'm going to have to catch a Miami game to see" than he proceeded to tell me why, how and when parterno came up with that defense, keep in mind this guy I'm almost certain was in his 60's, and he kept shaking his head, said he hadn't really been watching or keeping up with college football for years, but he was going to make sure he caught a Miami game cause he was in disbelief, he other words, "their is no need to run that defense at a place like Miami, they have athlete's all over the place".

But this is another reason dumb *** flake james is a clown, all that moron did was bac-up the penn disgrace morons, never asked him to replace his D-co, but had the nerve to try and force coach richt to hire an OC and qb coach, what coach richt did in his short 3 years, flake james obviously is not smart enuff to understand it which is why I'm glad coach richt told flake james to "***** off"!

Advertisement
P.S. Next time some mental midget on here tries to tell me Coach X is owed $20M on his buyout because there's 5 years left on his contract, and he gets paid $4M/year, I'm going to print that article out and shove it up their culo.

Been trying to tell you for years on here that unless you have access to the contract, you have no idea what is owed on a buyout, but you never listen. You goofy ******** have no clue about contracts or what's in them. Let that $2M buyout on Folden's remaining 5 years marinate.
Let me ask you something and correct me if I’m wrong. Didn’t you have some big back-and-forth with some idiots swearing the Golden was owed this money and Miami was just being cheap?

I’ve vaguely remember it, but since you were in the middle of it, you probably have a better recollection. I think I remember reading that and kind of chuckling that people here would be so insistent on knowing the buyout details of a contract that was not published

I see the comparison but I think it's unfair to Tony Dungy. At the time he was the greatest coach in Bucs franchise history. He was generally successful there, he just couldn't get over the hump. Golden sucked. He presided over some of the worst seasons in modern Miami history.

Dungy eventually got a championship with the Colts. Golden ain't winning ****.

Dungy is a better coach and a much better man. No comparison at all between him and that sweaty fat fūck from Jersey

My problem with the whole story is that Golden is still coaching, albeit as an assistant. It really seems like once someone becomes an NFL or P5 head coach, they will forever have a job in coaching, no matter how poor a coaching job the person did.

Advertisement
McDonald's cheeseburgers might be consistent, but they're also cheap.

I hate Al Folden.

Worst Corch in Miami history.

Worst thing to ever happen to our program on the recruiting trail.

Agree. Randy was a mistake, and his teams were never consistent.

Alfred J. Folden was a mistake, his teams were never consistent, he deepened every problem we already had, and created new ones.

We were much further behind as a program after Folden than after Radio.

Advertisement
My problem with the whole story is that Golden is still coaching, albeit as an assistant. It really seems like once someone becomes an NFL or P5 head coach, they will forever have a job in coaching, no matter how poor a coaching job the person did.
Most assistant coaches do little to distinguish themselves. Most will never become head coaches. Once you have a requisite level of experience- even as a position coach- you can reasonably get laterally hired half a dozen times in a career. These positions are quite fungible.

I forgot exactly who, but there was some ex Penn State coach, that was coaching in the NFL that got him into the NFL. Don’t recall who it was. That’s usually how it goes, there’s just a network of people and it’s who you know.

Advertisement
I forgot exactly who, but there was some ex Penn State coach, that was coaching in the NFL that got him into the NFL. Don’t recall who it was. That’s usually how it goes, there’s just a network of people and it’s who you know.
you are correct that its all networking, and I don't blame the coaches for taking advantage of the help. But it just seems like no matter how bad one is as a coach, there is a friend ready to throw a life jacket with another job.
I have close friends who are not good attorneys. I don't associate them on cases. But your point is correct and every profession is different.

Look at Cam Cameron. They guy is a spectacular head corching fail, and look at how many people would hire him for important assistant positions, including OC.

Advertisement
shannon did. I read a lot of the materials in the Golden litigation and it seems his expectations would be that he would be paid the $6MM and that his agent might have stepped in dog caca.
Folden's expectations are irrelevant when it comes to the viability of a cause of action. He got bad legal advice or shopped around until he found someone willing to file a specious case, which might have been easy if he was paying them by the hour.

you are correct that its all networking, and I don't blame the coaches for taking advantage of the help. But it just seems like no matter how bad one is as a coach, there is a friend ready to throw a life jacket with another job.
I have close friends who are not good attorneys. I don't associate them on cases. But your point is correct and every profession is different.
Yeah, when I was a little younger and more arrogant, I always thought my good work should stand on its own, why the fūck do I need to shmooze and bullshlt around, my results should speak for themselves. “Fūck these people, I’m spending my ALL my free time with my crew, doing shlt I want to do!”

Then I saw people much less qualified and less accomplished moving up. What was the difference? You already know. I was doing a shltty job networking and letting people feel comfortable with me as a person.

It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.

So there are people that are good at their job, don’t network, and have a hard time getting ahead. There are people that are good at their job AND network and can get ahead.

Then you have people like Golden, who are not good at their job, but are good at bullshlt and networking, and at least attain some mid level of success based on their bullshltting ability and average/below average work skills.

I’m sure sweaty boy is a master craftsman of the long con. Horrible head coach, might be a decent position coach, but that’s all he’ll ever be.

Agree. Randy was a mistake, and his teams were never consistent.

Alfred J. Folden was a mistake, his teams were never consistent, he deepened every problem we already had, and created new ones.

We were much further behind as a program after Folden than after Radio.
I wasn't on this board during his time, but you have no idea how much I hated that *******.

I'm usually very fair & willing to give a coach a chance, with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have, he lost to Buffalo, Bowling Green, Ohio, Western Mich, Kent St, Villa****inNova (a school that doesn't even care about Football), UCLA & a bunch others at Temple. It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC, then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA & I wanted him gone after that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again, he should've been fired after that game, I never wanted him in the 1st place but BOTH LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak, should've been fired again, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history in the disaster vs Clemson before the adminstration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did near irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & it's taken **** near 5 years & 2 staffs to truly reverse & repair what he did to Miami. He was complete fckin joke & should've never been hired in the first place.

Seriously I have personal disdain for Folden... I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down, I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

He was way worse than Shannon & Coker IMO & his game day coaching was as bad as vomit soup.
I hated that man so much & the post game "handshake" moment he had with Dabo after he got raped by him perfectly encapsulates who was/is as a man... A big ****ìn nothing.

Advertisement
Back