Federal Judge to Al Golden: "Eat a ****" (paraphrased)

Advertisement
true. but the defense 'Onofrio (No D) was running, was a far cry from the Patriots/Belichick defense of the past 15+ years. both in its concepts and in its execution.

what No D and Folden had, was some version that just didn't work
From 1989-1999 Al Groh worked as a DC or Linebackers coach in the NFL under Bill Parcells with the Giants and Jets and under Bill Belichick with the Browns. In 2000, he took the head coaching position at Virginia. Al Golden was his DC from 2001-2005. The defense that Miami ran under Golden and Mark D’Onofrio was the Parcells 3-4. Unfortunately by the time Al Golden took the UM head coaching job, that defense was outdated and past it’s prime. If you compare Belichick’s defenses with the Browns and early years with the Patriots, they look almost nothing like they do now. So not only were Golden and D’Onofrio running a scheme that didn’t fit the players at Miami, it was an outdated scheme that had long ago run it’s course. It was designed to stop 1980’s offenses and Golden was trying to use it in 2014.

I wasn't on this board during his time, but you have no idea how much I hated that *******.

I'm usually very fair & willing to give a coach a chance, with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have, he lost to Buffalo, Bowling Green, Ohio, Western Mich, Kent St, Villa****inNova (a school that doesn't even care about Football), UCLA & a bunch others at Temple. It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC, then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA & I wanted him gone after that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again, he should've been fired after that game, I never wanted him in the 1st place but BOTH LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak, should've been fired again, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history in the disaster vs Clemson before the adminstration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did near irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & it's taken **** near 5 years & 2 staffs to truly reverse & repair what he did to Miami. He was complete fckin joke & should've never been hired in the first place.

Seriously I have personal disdain for Folden... I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down, I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

He was way worse than Shannon & Coker IMO & his game day coaching was as bad as vomit soup.
I hated that man so much & the post game "handshake" moment he had with Dabo after he got raped by him perfectly encapsulates who was/is as a man... A big ****ìn nothing.
I feel you homie. Care to elaborate on who so I can hate Golden more...

The complete disdain that I still have for Al f'n Golden... If I saw him, it would be on sight.

He did ridiculous damage to our program and yet if you asked him today, he would still blame the hand he was dealt.

Only at the University of Miami can we have such incompetence at HC repeatedly. There are not many schools that have the ceiling we do let alone shoot themselves in the foot at the same time to astronomically high levels.

It is actually mind-boggling. Can anyone think of a similar school? Maybe USC outside of the Pete Carroll era but even still, it does not compare to the repeated ****shows we have trotted out. Manny is in that category until he proves it this year.

Now I'm mad all over again...

I feel you homie. Care to elaborate on who so I can hate Golden more...

The complete disdain that I still have for Al f'n Golden... If I saw him, it would be on sight.

He did ridiculous damage to our program and yet if you asked him today, he would still blame the hand he was dealt.

Only at the University of Miami can we have such incompetence at HC repeatedly. There are not many schools that have the ceiling we do let alone shoot themselves in the foot at the same time to astronomically high levels.

It is actually mind-boggling. Can anyone think of a similar school? Maybe USC outside of the Pete Carroll era but even still, it does not compare to the repeated ****shows we have trotted out. Manny is in that category until he proves it this year.

Now I'm mad all over again...
Worst coach in Miami history 0-5 vs fsu.and there still people on this board that thinks he was good at recruiting and evaluations

Advertisement
We all know he was a bad head coach, I just didn’t realize what a stone cold bltch he was.
Oh yeah believe It! Golden was not just a bad head coach. The guy was a stone cold con man. A garden variety sociopath. From the very beginning he knew exactly what he was doing. He targeted UM because he realized just how vulnerable we were. Ultimately he was undone by one mistake. He wouldn't fire Donofrio even with all the hard evidence because he had no intention of attempting to right the ship. We wanted and planned on being fired so he could collect his hefty buyout.

Golden and Donofrio had initially planned to use UM as a vehicle to get the PSU gig but that didn't work out so he continued to bilk UM out of money while hiding behind,"The Cloud". Unfortunately for Golden when the cloud began to dissipate and he couldn't hide behind that schtick any longer, the players really began to see through him. Golden however being the ice cold remorseless sociopath that he is just kept chugging along while refusing to change the status quo. Why? Too much money at stake and UM had to fire him in order for him to collect.

Golden could have taken his money and just walked away but being the sociopath that he is he just couldn't resist trying to extort more money from the hapless administration at UM. So he came up with this ridiculous lawsuit most likely deluding himself about the prospect of pulling it off. The guy is just pure coaching garbage as evidenced by his post UM coaching career. Golden always knew he couldn't coach. UM was his best shot at cashing in his finely tuned con man skills. He just went to the well one too many times.

i agree.

even butch, who always spoke with forked tongue, and created a lot of dissension, controversy, and ill will ....

even erickson, who spent a ton of time with a vodka bottle in hand, and always had a deep love/hate relationship with his job at UM ....

even richt, who was loyal to the U, but tired and burned out and passed his sell-by date ....

NONE of them attracted the unanimous vitriol from the fan base as Folden.

that guy is a walking lesson in how to slowly orchestrate a self inflicted implosion.
Butch created Dissension...Controversy and Ill will??...Stop it....Butch hated the Administration...the same Administration that hated Butch..and Butch gave them the middle finger as he left....The same Butch who EVERY Dade and Broward HS HC Loved.....Stop putting Butch in the same sentence with the other Clowns....Butch built the Greatest team ever in 4yrs...the others Destroyed what he built...from Coker to Golden....These Morons ALL had the blueprints for continued success...and they each participated in driving it off a F-ing cliff....

P.S. Next time some mental midget on here tries to tell me Coach X is owed $20M on his buyout because there's 5 years left on his contract, and he gets paid $4M/year, I'm going to print that article out and shove it up their culo.

Been trying to tell you for years on here that unless you have access to the contract, you have no idea what is owed on a buyout, but you never listen. You goofy ******** have no clue about contracts or what's in them. Let that $2M buyout on Folden's remaining 5 years marinate.
You mean CiS isn't a message board for free and sound legal advice??

Wtf...no wonder I'm paying out the *** for my mansion in Coco Plum that my ex-wife lives in (that c*nt).

I'm reporting you all to the Florida bar!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
From 1989-1999 Al Groh worked as a DC or Linebackers coach in the NFL under Bill Parcells with the Giants and Jets and under Bill Belichick with the Browns. In 2000, he took the head coaching position at Virginia. Al Golden was his DC from 2001-2005. The defense that Miami ran under Golden and Mark D’Onofrio was the Parcells 3-4. Unfortunately by the time Al Golden took the UM head coaching job, that defense was outdated and past it’s prime. If you compare Belichick’s defenses with the Browns and early years with the Patriots, they look almost nothing like they do now. So not only were Golden and D’Onofrio running a scheme that didn’t fit the players at Miami, it was an outdated scheme that had long ago run it’s course. It was designed to stop 1980’s offenses and Golden was trying to use it in 2014.
LOL, Frank Gore ran through that garbage *** defense in the 04' UVA game. Al Groh was also the DC at GT, check out what Lamar Miller had to say about Groh's defense:

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder how many of you bought a Fear the Tie shirt. Lamest thing ever.

Advertisement
Back