Feagles

atlCanesFan

Redshirt Freshman
Has anyone else noticed that once a game he totally whiffs on a punt. Can't remember if it was Duke of FSU he had one for -1 yard.
I can see once in a while but not this often

Advertisement
Has anyone else noticed that once a game he totally whiffs on a punt. Can't remember if it was Duke of FSU he had one for -1 yard.
He’s not so different from Bosher when he was a freshman. Most people have blanked out the fact that Bosher was about a shank a game as a freshman. He got much better with time. So will Feagles.

From what I can see on TV it looks like he has some mechanical flaws. His contact point seems too high. That's something that can be corrected but not likely until the off-season.

Also, in the first 3 games, his mechanical progression was very slow. He seems to have corrected that over the past two games, so that tells me that someone is actively working with him. Thats a good thing.

Given the NCAA coaching restrictions, its tough on kickers/punters as there is rarely anyone on a college staff who works extensively with them. That's why the big changes are done in the off season when a kid can work with people outside of the coaching staff.

Fecals is an adventure every time he drops back to punt. Seems to be regressing as the season progresses. He reminds me of his dad early in his career. Dad was an abortion at one point.

From what I can see on TV it looks like he has some mechanical flaws. His contact point seems too high. That's something that can be corrected but not likely until the off-season.

Also, in the first 3 games, his mechanical progression was very slow. He seems to have corrected that over the past two games, so that tells me that someone is actively working with him. Thats a good thing.

Given the NCAA coaching restrictions, its tough on kickers/punters as there is rarely anyone on a college staff who works extensively with them. That's why the big changes are done in the off season when a kid can work with people outside of the coaching staff.

His Dad played 100 years in the NFL - not sure he needs a coach

Advertisement
He’s not so different from Bosher when he was a freshman. Most people have blanked out the fact that Bosher was about a shank a game as a freshman. He got much better with time. So will Feagles.

What Bosher lacked in kicking ability he more than made up for in grit and TD-saving tackles!! The guy had heart! One of my favorite Canes of all time!

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice how little of a rush we put on their punter as he'd take 5 seconds to scramble 20 lateral yards before kicking it? I wished we would've sent everyone after him just once. I probably was only irked by it because Feagles was having a junk day.

Advertisement
O'Donnell's freshman year: 37.9 yard per punt (47.1 as a senior)
Bosher's freshman year: 40.2 yard per punt (44.0 as a senior)
Vogel's sophomore year (first year starting) 42.8 yard per punt (43.8 as a senior)

Feagles this year: 38.5 yard per punt

I'll think he'll be okay.

Advertisement
Not to change the subject but did anyone notice how little of a rush we put on their punter as he'd take 5 seconds to scramble 20 lateral yards before kicking it? I wished we would've sent everyone after him just once. I probably was only irked by it because Feagles was having a junk day.

Especially on that one where he had to jump and then bobbled it in the rain.

Our ST coaching is weak. Pretty sure Hartley runs it, and his experience level is freshmans in the game.

I'd tell our guys to go get the punter whenever they start that rugby ****. They're live at that point, and you. An strike them without a penalty.

Advertisement

Our ST coaching is weak. Pretty sure Hartley runs it, and his experience level is freshmans in the game.

I'd tell our guys to go get the punter whenever they start that rugby ****. They're live at that point, and you. An strike them without a penalty.

Exactly. It wasn't like you'd be giving up a return either as they all ended up being fair catches by Berrios or downed by Tech as we gave them so much time that their entire team would beat the kick down the field. Hartley must lack the serial killer instincts he displays on the recruiting trail.

Our special teams outside of Badgley are bad. Need a full time coach there. Hartley ain’t cutting it

Last edited:

Our special teams is garbage all around.

Rewatching our KO returns and the blocking for Jeff Thomas is abysmal. His only return past the 20 on Saturday had him breaking no less than 4 tackles.

Get your **** together or face the chop Hartley.

Advertisement
Back