Feagles

He had several favorable bounces in that fsu game too. Kid just doesn't generate enough power yet.

As far as Badge he's great, but has a hard time kicking it deep on kickoffs.

Advertisement
Seems like Richt has him going for height to prevent returns which seems to be contributing to some of those shanks. He's a Fr so let's hope he improves.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Feagles is fine.

Averages 40 yards per punt and something like 40% of his kicks are down inside the 20.

This is typical message board overreaction.

Advertisement
He'll be ok. People forget Capshaw was a mess as a freshman. He would punt boomers one punt and then 6 yard shanks the next. Feagles obviously has a good leg - he'll be ok.

Think he is overemphasizing hang time in situations where it isn't needed.

Punt it deep towards the sideline when we are backed up.

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice how little of a rush we put on their punter as he'd take 5 seconds to scramble 20 lateral yards before kicking it? I wished we would've sent everyone after him just once. I probably was only irked by it because Feagles was having a junk day.

I though once he started running he was no longer protected, anyone know the rule on that? If that's the case then we should have gone after him.

I thought once he started running he was no longer protected, anyone know the rule on that? If that's the case then we should have gone after him.

That is correct. They picked up a flag on against Duke (Michael Jackson maybe?) for that same reason.

Advertisement
O'Donnell's freshman year: 37.9 yard per punt (47.1 as a senior)
Bosher's freshman year: 40.2 yard per punt (44.0 as a senior)
Vogel's sophomore year (first year starting) 42.8 yard per punt (43.8 as a senior)

Feagles this year: 38.5 yard per punt

I'll think he'll be okay.

Good stuff. Give the kid some time.

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice how little of a rush we put on their punter as he'd take 5 seconds to scramble 20 lateral yards before kicking it? I wished we would've sent everyone after him just once. I probably was only irked by it because Feagles was having a junk day.

I though once he started running he was no longer protected, anyone know the rule on that? If that's the case then we should have gone after him.

Same as QB. Live outside the tackle box.

My biggest issue right now with this team is special teams. Miami should always be able to line up and dominant on special teams. We have always blocked kicks, blocked punts and taking kicks to the house because we have more athleticism and talent.

Hartley with a clear coaching mistake when Braxton didn't grab the onside KO.

Blocking on the kick return game has been atrocious. Braxton has made some questionable decisions at PR this year and if not for him breaking loose a couple times it hasn't been what we're capable of.

I'd say I have a bigger issue with Hartley being an on the field position coach than I do with Jon Richt as QB coach and Richt calling plays.

Advertisement

I believe this is still the rule:

Rule 9-1-4-a-5-b: The kicker’s protection under this rule ends when he carries the ball outside the tackle box before kicking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back